Useless Pro Tips

Threeinone

Crowbar toilet cisterns for a good place to hide things. Wrench showers for a scalding or freezing hazard

You can break electrified grills with glass shards and it won't shock you, if you don't have gloves then you'll cut yourself

Edited by Daikyu

Some of these are not so useless, but...

You can use a welder on rods or floor tiles to convert them back to into metal sheets.

AI holopads are machines.  This means you can use a screw driver, crowbar, wirecutters, and then a wrench to dismantle them for 5 metal sheets, 5 cable coil and a capacitor. Since they're literally everywhere you could get cable coil and metal on demand this way, albeit it slowly. 

Splashing simple mobs with Strange Reagent will revive them.  You can revive Ian and other pets this way. You can also heal simple mobs using a trauma kit.

You can feed spent shotgun shells into an autolathe to get the same amount of metal a new shell would cost. 

Showers can be wrenched to change the temperature. Cold showers are cold enough to activate cryoxadone.

Baggies from the drug lab are coded as beakers, meaning you can use them as parts to build an protolathe or circuit imprinter.

You can click individual lights as an AI to turn them on and off. Doing it rapidly can make it look like someone is being haunted.

if you have and aggressive grab or higher, click on a urinal/toilet to slam the person's head into said appliance. If the toilet seat is up, you'll give the person a swirlie, suffocating them.

Edited by Threeinone
poor grammar :P

• Threeinone changed the title to Useful Secret Tips

Oh boy, where to start?

- You can make shotguns with any type of pipe, not just straight pipe (try firing a round through a connector!)

- Use a pen on a food dish to rename it

- You can use a wielded fireaxe to one-shot windows and grilles

- You can keep windows like crew monitoring console open in a second screen, to keep an eye on them

- To add on to the pure love thing, you can fluff dead mobs and they will still synthesize pure love

- Screwdriver vents to place paper in them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobybob2964 said:

Did you know - Slimes can't be revived with a defibrillator? Nor can they be brought back via cloning. Yep, what we need is some good ole SR, that being said, make sure the body is healthy, or we blow up!

On a serious note i find nobody but slimes know how to help a slime person, when we die, its usually for good.

I've Defibbed slimes and been defibbed very recently. They can, indeed, be revived VIA Defib with the same timer as every other race.

Yea, every playable race can be defibbed, including slimes. Even Plasmamen.  To easily defib a plasmaman, do it under a shower so they don't burst into flame. 

Request consoles can print out labels (actually boxes) that you can ship to other departments. Use them in hand after inserting an item to seal them, then drop them into any disposal.

This has been the single biggest time saver for me in the game, and is great for getting things into more secure departments, like security, which you can easily stand outside for ages waiting for someone to help you.

Spread the word and get more people using this great system!

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 7:51 PM, Shadeykins said:

This entire thread shifted from "useless mechanics" to "useful secret tips."

I retitled it to "useful secret tips" for a laugh, but it's time to go back again! 

Every PDA has a little notekeeper box where you can put in whatever you need, like a diary, a shopping list, or incriminating information about your traitorous lifestyle. Has anyone ever seriously used those before?

Edited by Threeinone

• Threeinone changed the title to Useless Pro Tips
4 minutes ago, Threeinone said:

I retitled it to "useful secret tips" for a laugh, but it's time to go back again! 

Every PDA has a little notekeeper box where you can put in whatever you need, like a diary, a shopping list, or incriminating information about your traitorous lifestyle. Has anyone ever seriously used those before?

I have used this as a warden to track who takes what. It is fully editable, unlike paper.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Coldflame said:

There's a 'note' verb humanoids have for the same purpose that obsoletes the PDA app for obvious reasons.

Except that can't be rewritten.

Anyway, I use the PDA one for Genetics notekeeping. It's handy as fuck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Threeinone said:

Open it up and click a piece of paper with it to copy the paper to your PDA.

(i think i haven't used this since nanoui...)

2 hours ago, bobybob2964 said:

The kitchen spawns with a mint, if eaten by a fat/obese person, they will explode. On this topic, slime people cant get fat!

There's only a chance of them exploding, IIRC?

Also, if you add the mint to the candy maker with 5u sugar and a cane mold, you can make a candy cane, which still has a chance of making fat people explode. I remember accidentally exploding the poor clown once with one of those.

Emagging a toolset implant and then getting it inserted into your arm gives you an arm combat blade. This can be then sharpened with a whetstone.

You can heal an IPC internal damage with a screwdriver

As an AI, you can easily and quickly locate people by typing their name in the verb bar, and even unknowns to spot the sneaky people who dare wear masks in front of your cameras.

A third thing crossed my mind when reading this, but I forgot it when I started typing, woopsie daisy.

OH OH OH, and, if you find yourself hacking into an area frequently, slap a signaler on the wire, and slap a voice activated signaler in your pocket, and now everytime you need in, snap your fingers and crowbar your way in, easy n' quick!

Edited by ManiacalSymphony
  • Like 1

you can tie wire to coins so when you put them in machines, you have a slight chance of getting them back after paying for stuff with it.

• Like 1

You don't have to remain red alert after you kill one changeling that all crew was made known.

Assumingly all hostiles have been eliminated.

Meta knowledge is bad for determining what kind of round it is. This also goes for agents, cults and shadowling.

Switch it up and lower to green and blue until they are known once more.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use