Count multiples of one cargo order as one order

Aleyck

Strange title, I know.

However, the concept is simple. As of right now, if someone orders 5 of something, the orders must be individually accepted. 5 clicks. This is fine, normally. However, someone can easily grief a supply console by ordering 30 of something. 5 times. That's 150 clicks. I'd know this is possible, because it's happened to me recently.

This should not be. There should be a way to clump the multiple orders together into one (Accept, Deny). That, or an 'Accept All' or 'Deny All' option of sorts, in case someone feels like clogging up your supply console with 50 instances of pizza, which they CAN do.

• Like 1

Every Department has that finicky mechanic that they want removed. I think re-working the order system would be nice, but I'm sure there would just be another way to abuse the new system. Couldn't you just spam multiple orders of different items and it would be the same?

37 minutes ago, MamaFarthole said:

Every Department has that finicky mechanic that they want removed. I think re-working the order system would be nice, but I'm sure there would just be another way to abuse the new system. Couldn't you just spam multiple orders of different items and it would be the same?

I think the issue is greytide effort vs irritation caused. You can make 30 orders for the cargo staff to clear in a few clicks by putting in multiple orders at once. Nothing stops you from rapid firing this. If this were implemented yes you could still do the same thing with multiple orders but the tider would still have to make each order seperately while the tech only needs to reject one order or batch.

This way Cargonia will slowly pull ahead and have time to screwdriver shank the offender.

• Thanks 1

Is there maybe a way to make it less “spammy”? Like the printer in the Library. There’s a short cooldown after you’ve printed a book before you can print another. Maybe that would work with the ordering console? That way people can’t just spam orders. Sure, they could still probably print about five or six orders before being stopped but that’s definitely an improvement!

Edited by MamaFarthole

That would harm letimimate ordering then. You want to order 4 crates in 20 seconds when there's a blob. 

I think it's a good idea and nobody is likely against the idea of multiple crate orders being grouped. It's a matter of actually doing the coding. I imagine it'd be some significant work/refactoring.

• Like 1

Do you mean printing out stacks of similar orders like this - 

5 x Janitorial Supplies 

2 x Pizza Crate

Couldnt people just spam different types of orders causing more of a pile up? That’s why I’m leaning torwards a cooldown of some sort. Nothing too long! Maybe five, four seconds. That gives people enough time to still quickly order crates. I’m actually really for all of these ideas. Hopefully this gets some traction!

I have no coding experience, so I can't do it; but I definitely support both ideas. Though maybe have the cooldown on the supply shuttle console only on the one outside? Or have the timer toggle-able by anyone with a cargo-tech or quartermaster ID.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use