Adding a new IPC special antag round

Coloss260

Hello ! I would like to suggest you a new antag round that could be fun for all IPCs or Machines ^^ It's a round based on Detroit Become Human's story with Androids.

So the goal is simple : One or two IPCs are chosen at the start of the round, they are called "Deviants" and their job is to simply try to convert as much IPCs they can, they have access to a set of tools working with implants (like surgery implants, or toolset implants) and a private communication device (Deviant channel or call it whatever you want). Additional goals could be to convert a specific IPC or to steal a specific item and escape on the shuttle or even why not prevent crew from escaping.

To convert IPCs, they must stand infront of them, grab them two times (until grab hud is blue), click on an option in the text page like "Convert" and wait some seconds (like 10 seconds) for their conversion to finish. When it's done, the converted IPC will be one of them and will help them. To de-convert an IPC, an IPC surgery must be done at the IPC's posibrain to repair it, like this : Screwdriver - Select Cybernetic Organ Manipulation -> Screwdriver -> Crowbar -> Remove the posibrain -> Click with a multitool on the posibrain to re-arrange its program -> Put the posibrain back -> close the IPC.

This could be fun by adding first a new antag role, but also for doing like an "Android Revolution" on the station. If you wanna add it and want to know more about this, you can text me ^^ Thanks for reading !

Edited by Coloss260

Well deviants are thought to have free will, IPC already have free will- unless this is like a cult where deviants are insane and don't act like themselves.

Yes I based the idea on the Detroit's game but we can say that something in their program tell them to do what their objectives will be, like a malf AI

Edited by Coloss260

Problem here is that it's an antag specifically for a race that's karma locked.

I don't see this happening, because of that.

Vox raiders forces you into a premade vox with no fluff text, random name and no affiliation to the station crew

As I understand it, your idea would just pick a random IPC at roundstart.

Because it makes the antag exclusive to IPC owners, a karma locked race.
Vox raiders can be anyone

2 hours ago, Coloss260 said:

As I said, why not picking random IPCs ? I agree to your idea to be precise

As Regens stated, because it picks from players from a karmalocked race.

Raiders does not do this. If you do not have Vox, you can still be a raider. It's selected at roundstart and forces people into random Vox-named characters.

I am saying that I agree with the idea of picking random people to be deviant IPCs, I am not saying the opposite ^^

Edited by Coloss260

2 minutes ago, Coloss260 said:

I am saying that I agree with the idea of picking random people to be deviant IPCs, I am not saying the opposite ^^

I think the issue here is that it hinges around a "convert only IPCs" factor.

Well, everyone can be deviant IPCs, but only other IPCs can be converted, I personally do not see any issues except the lack of IPCs players, so maybe making it as a part of another antag round like traitors or cultists

Lack of IPCs is a big one, as well as how easy it would be to just EMP them all. Or alternatively, just round up every IPC to check them - if there is a way to check and or deconvert. 

Like vox raiders - this seems better for an event than a roundtype.

Look i think youre going about it wrong it should be more like a down with man thing if they were going to have an ipc antag event it should be killing organics as there not as "efficient"  ipcs trying to go above men is more lore friendly than ipcs "revolting" organics sense they are on the same playing field 

Edited by woah*
Things

We actually had someone create a PR that quite literally did this, a long time ago.
Well, kind of, the premise was converting other IPCs to the cause and revolting moreso than it was IPCs converting organics.

It was closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use