Replace wizard gamemode with raging mages when

NoWolfie

Everyone has game modes they dislike. I'd love if cult didn't exist but I also understand that not everyone hates it as much as I do and plenty enjoy it.

Can argue what is good and bad about every game mode based on your preferences. There is not a single game mode that is unanimously liked or disliked.

Wizard is fine as is. 

At least it ends quick when the antag sucks, unlike some other modes.

Edited by ZN23X

The only issue i have with wizards rounds is their duration. Sure, it depends on the player, but a dead wizard should not end a round. It would also be great if a wizard may pop up if for example all antags die or get arrested.(At random of course. Not every time)

Wizard rounds are just too messy, which is fun if the crew had to deal with the aftermath like fixing damage, taking care of cursed crewmembers and such.

Just now, Terrorxide said:

Wizard rounds are just too messy, which is fun if the crew had to deal with the aftermath like fixing damage, taking care of cursed crewmembers and such.

For that to happen (the taking care of cursed crew) the clunwe spell must not be a permanent gameender and be completly reverseable.

Just now, Irkalla said:

For that to happen (the taking care of cursed crew) the clunwe spell must not be a permanent gameender and be completly reverseable.

I am not a 100% aware of all wizard spells since i think the role can be too hard and unforgiving. But yes, if the Cluwne Curse would not be permanent, all they have to do is to run from the crew until the effect ends. ?

• Like 1

I think Necas point was theres nothing different between being killed by disintegrate, fireball, or any other spell that instantly kills you or being cluwned and killed that way. You are dead regardless. Its just a different method. Some people just seem to get angrier about dying by becoming a cluwne for some reason. Or maybe the same people just get pissed regardless of how they die. Dunno.

I'd much rather be cluwned so it ay least gives someone else to do whether they beat me to death or pointlessly attempt to save me.

Edited by ZN23X

Plus: It is a great way for some people to feed the inner baldie. I really don't care what kills me, since there are enough ways to be a part of the round (Ian, pAI etc.) Still, the round should continue or maybe switch to raging mages after the first wizard's death so all the mayhem won't be wasted. ?

2 hours ago, ZN23X said:

I think Necas point was theres nothing different between being killed by disintegrate, fireball, or any other spell that instantly kills you or being cluwned and killed that way. You are dead regardless. Its just a different method. Some people just seem to get angrier about dying by becoming a cluwne for some reason. Or maybe the same people just get pissed regardless of how they die. Dunno.

I think its because some people find dying via cluwne as embarrassing, or as humiliation

There is a big difference between ways of dying. Disintegrate makes you ghost instantly, which allows you to observe and possibly join round as ert or midround antag, which is good even if boring. Cluwn thing not only finishes your round without killing you, it is also most nonrp stupid fucking thing that exists in the game (thats why it is great for assfax punishment and such). I am really surprised it has not been removed already. 

Midround wiz could be good, but even without op spells it really can turn any current gamemode into wizard round, and therefore should only be adminspawn only, not random event.

Ragin mages... just nah, even if some people like me played it 1-2 times at all, it is better to kill a newbie wiz and start a new shift than to fight unending meaningless chaos without history behind it. 

Imho

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rurik said:

I think its because some people find dying via cluwne as embarrassing, or as humiliation

Exactly.

And its additionally complete no RP nonesense. People want wizards not to get instantly lynched? That crap must go.

Disintegrate lets you spectate instantly. I dont see any particular "fun" on being clunwed. Except being turned into a quite crappy meme from goon that is just plain toxic to look at at the expense of being able to instantly spectate without loosing respawn rights. Cause disintegrate lets you do that atleast. Really I suggest people saying clunwe is "fun for the victim aswell" to play one of their own more beloved characters  (read serious and developed) and get hit by it and tell me with a straight face its still "fun".

Edited by Irkalla

I don't understand how "Having the crew turn on you and valid you" can be considered fun by any measure. If the cluwne had some powers like superfart, vomitting lube and maybe eventually exploding after a minute or two then I can see it. Then your basically those kamikaze bombers from Serious Sam.

44 minutes ago, Irkalla said:

Really I suggest people saying clunwe is "fun for the victim aswell" to play one of their own more beloved characters  (read serious and developed) and get hit by it and tell me with a straight face its still "fun".

It's still fun.

I enjoy running around, begging to be put out of my misery, as I get lynched to death. Generally when cluwned it's taken at most 5 minutes for me to end up beaten to death, which is much more hilarious and enjoyable than suddenly getting gibbed out of nowhere. 

(Except the time when a wizard was hidden as a potted plant and assassinating all the heads with disintegrate. That was pretty hilarious.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, necaladun said:

It's still fun.

I enjoy running around, begging to be put out of my misery, as I get lynched to death. Generally when cluwned it's taken at most 5 minutes for me to end up beaten to death, which is much more hilarious and enjoyable than suddenly getting gibbed out of nowhere. 

(Except the time when a wizard was hidden as a potted plant and assassinating all the heads with disintegrate. That was pretty hilarious.)

Still would really prefere an instant gib option when getting wizard clunwed but eh cant have everything I guess.

2 hours ago, necaladun said:

Solo wiz can be very fun, if the wizard plays a high-level, IQ 300 self-imposed goal, rather than just mass chaos (unless if they're really good at chaos)

Heres an idea about the Clunwe Spell. Thanks for giving me that inspiration ID (or rather gave me the idea how it would be still in the spirit of said spell).

If a Wizard uses the Clunwe spell you are given an option. It gives you a button/spell thats "Self Disintegrate". But heres the thing. You dont just gib. You gib in a bunch of confetti and make the sad trumpet sound. That way people who hate the clunwe thing could instantly get out and spectate and those who find it alright can stay and get put down. No loss for anyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • clown 2

Just now, Irkalla said:

Heres an idea about the Clunwe Spell. Thanks for giving me that inspiration ID (or rather gave me the idea how it would be still in the spirit of said spell).

If a Wizard uses the Clunwe spell you are given an option. It gives you a button/spell thats "Self Disintegrate". But heres the thing. You dont just gib. You gib in a bunch of confetti and make the sad trumpet sound. That way people who hate the clunwe thing could instantly get out and spectate and those who find it alright can stay and get put down. No loss for anyone. 

Have a Clown for that one, good sir. I love that idea. Doesn't force someone to get put out of their misery by someone else, but also keeps the funny element of the Cluwne. AND it is janitor friendly!

• Thanks 1

That is a great addition to Cluwne. But I'd say only do it for the spell Cluwnes. Not ones punished by admeme. They need to suffer for bible farting / assfaxing CC ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 12:50 PM, ID404NotFound said:

"fun"

It might be fun, if you weren't marked as 'valid', and instead people would RP it, rather than beating you to death on sight.

That's the entire point of Cluwne though. You're a gibbering overweight, brain damaged, clumsy abomination. You'red allowed to defend yourself if people get violent against you---it's just hard to actually win an engagement becuase of your many disabilities.

Cluwne is about creating chaos and giving the player a litlte bit of a fighting chance (and the opportunity to be a complete dunce in their short life), versus just getting turned into gibs outright.

1 hour ago, Fox McCloud said:

That's the entire point of Cluwne though. You're a gibbering overweight, brain damaged, clumsy abomination. You'red allowed to defend yourself if people get violent against you---it's just hard to actually win an engagement becuase of your many disabilities.

Cluwne is about creating chaos and giving the player a litlte bit of a fighting chance (and the opportunity to be a complete dunce in their short life), versus just getting turned into gibs outright.

Idea is good. What i and probably some others dont like about it is its look and meaning. If instead this spell transformed people into valid mass of moving flesh which spread deseasees and vomit around it (the reason for crew to kill said abomination) it would be much less stupid. Clownish stuff , like slipping and cluwns, is fun and games until we have everything on station dedicated to it. I mean, i see no problem with one unlucky guy transformed into cluwn by chaos staff, but having specific spell....

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use