Security body cams

Jguytriple5

How about adding an item/implant that could be used to add a camera to a crewmember. So that the AI and anyone near a camera console can see what the people wearing them are up to. They should be limited to security personell otherwise it would give the AI and security a too big advantage over the antags because everyone and their mother would just have a camera on them while in maint. They could work exactly like the cyborg cams work but i'm unsure how they work code-like and wether or not it is easy or hard to augment that.

The main goal of these bodycams in my opinion would be to serve sort of as tracking implants so that the HoS/warden/captain can easily see what's happening to their security force.

To make sure these items aren't OP as hell there needs to be a way to disable them both stealthy and non-stealthy, so sort of like the suit sensor toggle on jumpsuits this might also be toggled off by someone in close proximity, or they could be busted by EMP charges.

Please tell me what you think of this idea.

I think it's too op for security unless we heavily gate it behind science, which is a department that needs nerfs, not buffs.

Edited by TwoCam

Civil Privacy law at max right there. I don't think it's a good idea thought. People can just ask for it and then start the vaildhunt with it. As for the Antag striping radio headset and such is hard enough.

• Like 1

What if there was a special type of body armour in the armoury that had the camera but with less protection than body armour? It would be limited to two suits like the other suits in the armoury,

This was tried out for a time on TG.

It resulted in officers essentially being unkillable in a permanent fashion without extreme measures (sudden gibbing, etc). It gave incredible power to the AI and Warden to effectively know where all their officers were at all times, and quickly know exactly where they went down. The retort was "lol just EMP them", but this just arbitrarily forces every traitor and their brother to have to buy EMPs, which generally negative effects how traitors play their side of the game.

It gets even worse once it gets rolled into the meta; eventually it's realized that just giving these to any person important enough is a valid tactic for effectively keeping them safe from all but the most extreme forms of permadeath.

Needless to say, as realistic as I think this would be, it's not healthy for the overall state and balance of the game, especially on Paradise, where a lot of the extreme permadeath tactics are just out and out barred from traitor use, unless you have hijack.

tl; dr. It's a realistic idea, but it has a very toxic impact on the overall flow of the game, and horrifically upsets the dynamic of antag vs station.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use