Stellaris? Anyone?

GuiltyBeans

So, we've wanted to get the community more involved together for a while now. So here's one way to try! Stellaris!

First thing, I want to start a server for a fair amount of players here on Stellaris. It would be ran at night, around the time I am normally on, which is 10 PM PDT. Or, Pacific Time UTC -8:00 / -7:00. It will be on normal speed, depending on how many players we have, and if you really want to toss some RP in there, that will be all good! It's fun when you can RP your entire empire! Races can be whatever you want but bonus points to races based off of the ones from Paradise! ?

If this turns out good, or flops, I want to also try some Tabletop Simulator games. Maybe like.. Betrayal at House on the Hill!

If you are interested just like.. Reply here and we can get something figured out for this week to start it! Also I have all the DLC for Stellaris, minust the Distant Stars DLC, which I will be getting Thursday anyway!

I'd love to play.... hmmmmm........ 10PM PDT it literally 8AM in here :^) the next day

The problem is: would it be your friday, saturday or sunday, and for how long? Sadly I propably have no time for a campain, tho I was thinking about buying this game anyway.

I would be up for Tabletop Sim and other games like Pulsar for example.

The game would run for about two to three hours each time it's played and can be run any weekday! Except Tuesdays! So really it's just whatever day/days work best for all involved!

I'm interested but 10 PM PDT is 1 AM for me. I'd need this to be around 9 EST for it to be feasible.

Not saying change the time just for me, I'm saying RIP me lol

Alright, I plan to start the server up tomorrow night at around the time I mentioned. I have all DLC, all you need is the base game. Anyone wishing to join should say so here one last time so I can count heads, as well as message me on Discord with your steam named unless you don't mind putting them in public view here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've had stellaris for a while now, but I've never had people to play with or the time really. But now that it's summer I've plenty of time so I'd love to play with anyone willing to tolerate a complete novice ^^

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Stellaris when it was released. But i had trouble trying to figure out a good way to have a stable ground at the beginning. Stopped playing for now, now i rather look for a Dead Space 3 COOP partner.

Edited by Terrorxide
Typo. I am good at Typos.

2 hours ago, Terrorxide said:

I bought Stellaris when it was released. But i had trouble trying to figure out a good way to have a stable ground at the beginning. Stopped playing for now, now i rather look for a Dead Space 3 COOP partner.

If you want to try it, here is my advice:

• Early on, build minerals before you build anything else. Ultimately, all other resources are derived from the things you build with minerals... so if you focus minerals early on, you can set yourself up to have a great economy later.
  • Your energy credits should be positive (so you can hire leaders, etc) but they don't need to be highly positive.
  • Science can be ignored for awhile. You'll get lots of research from salvaging wrecks anyway.
  • The base game gives you misleading information in a number of cases. For example, 'equivalent' can mean anything from 'half our strength' to 'twice our strength'. Install the mod 'additional map modes' on steam. It converts uselessly vague words into more precise numbers. So you can see, for example that the person next door who has 'equivalent' fleet strength actually has 1,200 fleet strength to your 800, and thus is not someone you should be declaring war on.
  • Understand that you take a large penalty to science and unity output for both the number of planets you have, and also the number of pops you have. Fewer, bigger, well defended planets are better than lots of tiny ones - both economically and defensively. I try to keep myself at 3-4 planets for as long as possible, to take maximum advantage of this bonus.
  • On the other hand, control of space, particularly resource rich systems, is a major benefit. Yes, there is a penalty here too, but beelining for that +20 minerals system is almost certainly worth it. To be able to do this, you need strong minerals income, decent influence income (I suggest democracy) and happy factions (choose factions that are easy to keep happy, like technologists).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use