Randomized Maintenance

Bxil

Do we want this...  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Why D&D, though? Heavily randomized dark tunnels on a 2D rectangular grid, with scattered loot, hidden doors, probably some critters... I mean, come on! it's basically screaming "Roguelikes!" by this point. :3

And, most importantly, there are a plenty of open-sourced roguelike level generators already coded out there that could be used as a template for coding Paradise's own. As for implementation... It could be coded in pure Byond, I suppose, but I'm thinking about something like map post-processor application. An automated script feeds it a raw map file, it spews out a freshly maint-randomized version which is then used for the next round. It's just a concept, of course, and might or might not play out well for a variety of reasons, but it looks like a nice middle point for a discussion.

If someone has a code they feel like I should try, then feel free to show me.

2 hours ago, Vissy said:

It could be coded in pure Byond, I suppose, but I'm thinking about something like map post-processor application.

It's not that horrible to code this in BYOND, stuff that is coded in something else here is done so because BYOND was incapable of doing what was needed. It would be very snowflakey to make a separate application for this for no real reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use