Unofficially Official Paradise Minecraft Server

Dragonbone

I am wary of mods like psi due to the fact in multiplayer certain spell combinations can create a memory overload and crash the server.  I have seen it happen a few times in the past.

=======WorldGen
Roguelike dungeons (For places to go in)
Biomes O Plenty (More biomes)
Twilight Forest 
Natura (Berries and stuff)

=======Industry
IC2
Buildcraft
Mekanism (If machines seem to be too op, disable all the stuff, but leave universal cables turned on)
Immersive Engineering 
Forestry (Bees, trees, configurable backpacks)
Tinkers Construct 

=======Decorations and aesthetics
Littletiles (You can make custom furniture and stuff in there, highly optimized)

Spoiler

Hats
MrCrayfish's Furniture mod or Decocraft (Which looks nicer but RAM heavy)
Bibliocraft (Decorations and other stuff)
Chisel (More skins for blocks, allows more fancy, eats up alot of RAM though)
Tough As Nails but with everything except for seasons removed, so we can have ingame changing seasons, which is fancy

=======Magic
Botania (Plant magic)
Something else, idk i don't do magic

=======Food
SpiceOfLife (So we will be forced to eat different stuff each time since we got harvestcraft)
Pam's harvestcraft
Applecore (Shows nutrition values on foods and on gui)

=======QoL
Better Builder's Wands (Quicker building dirthouses)
WAILA (Shows information about blocks/mobs/luqids you're looking at)
Minemenu (Nice customizable radial menu which will be useful for amount of mods there will be in this pack)
Backpack mod
NEI (Is a must)
Chest transporter (Move chests)

=======Misc
Bloodmoon (For extra *scream)
Morpheus (Vote sleeping or something)
Archimedes' Ships
Ironchest (Storage)
Openblocks (Adds bunch of random stuff)
Extrautils (Adds bunch of random stuff)

=======Optimization
Betterfps (optimization)
Optifine (more optimization)
Fastcraft (even more optimization)
Inventory Tweaks
No more recipe confilct(Because alot of mods)

• Spacemanspark changed the title to Unofficially Official Paradise Minecraft Server
1 hour ago, NoWolfie said:

=======WorldGen
Roguelike dungeons (For places to go in)
Biomes O Plenty (More biomes)
Twilight Forest 
Natura (Berries and stuff)

=======Industry
IC2
Buildcraft
Mekanism (If machines seem to be too op, disable all the stuff, but leave universal cables turned on)
Immersive Engineering 
Forestry (Bees, trees, configurable backpacks)
Tinkers Construct 

=======Decorations and aesthetics
Littletiles (You can make custom furniture and stuff in there, highly optimized)

Reveal hidden contents

Hats
MrCrayfish's Furniture mod or Decocraft (Which looks nicer but RAM heavy)
Bibliocraft (Decorations and other stuff)
Chisel (More skins for blocks, allows more fancy, eats up alot of RAM though)
Tough As Nails but with everything except for seasons removed, so we can have ingame changing seasons, which is fancy

=======Magic
Botania (Plant magic)
Something else, idk i don't do magic

=======Food
SpiceOfLife (So we will be forced to eat different stuff each time since we got harvestcraft)
Pam's harvestcraft
Applecore (Shows nutrition values on foods and on gui)

=======QoL
Better Builder's Wands (Quicker building dirthouses)
WAILA (Shows information about blocks/mobs/luqids you're looking at)
Minemenu (Nice customizable radial menu which will be useful for amount of mods there will be in this pack)
Backpack mod
NEI (Is a must)
Chest transporter (Move chests)

=======Misc
Bloodmoon (For extra *scream)
Morpheus (Vote sleeping or something)
Archimedes' Ships
Ironchest (Storage)
Openblocks (Adds bunch of random stuff)
Extrautils (Adds bunch of random stuff)

=======Optimization
Betterfps (optimization)
Optifine (more optimization)
Fastcraft (even more optimization)
Inventory Tweaks
No more recipe confilct(Because alot of mods)

This is quite the list! Ill have to make an offical modlist soon, to say what made the cut! Since we had to keep it under 150mb or so, the ones we tried before were 300mb for ref.

49 minutes ago, Benjaminfallout said:

Okay I know have minecraft. Is it going to be a PvP or a PvE server?

Killing others is allowed, but it's not focused around PVP.

I can't seem to join. I have the mod pack installed and the IP is right.

Edit: Okay I'm dumb, don't mind me.

Edit Edit: Okay so it turns out I'm both dumb and that I can't join.

Edited by Benjaminfallout

In looking for feedback on storage concerns, I found a post from a mystcraft server admin at some point, might be better off to go with RFTools or none of those at all considering they're a storage hog. Post below: 

As a server admin, my objections to mystcraft are this:
1. disk space usage. The mod encourages the creation of ages for players to get pages to finally make the ages they want. This leads to a lot of age spam in save folder, that is very VERY difficult to audit. RFTools offers more tools for admins here, and requires a lot less exploration / trial age creation for players to get the dimlets they want.
2. Performance issues when new dimensions are created / When a server is first started. The less said about the age profiling mechanism the better. I do not believe it is appropriate to say bad things of mod authors who have, after all, given freely of their time. But I cannot find anything nice to say about this at all.

All that said - once the terrain is generated, and the profiling is done - mystcraft ages (And RFTools dimensions) impose no ongoing tps cost. Unless things like chunk loaders are being used by players. And the cost is not particularly larger than players just using chunkloaders in the overworld, and its quite easy to configure chunk loaders to simply not load-on-startup in dimensions so its arguably better for server performance.

I did find a way one group got around it though, this would be an issue on the admin end and much more work auditing useless ages.

The biggest problem our group encountered was the fact that Mystcraft ages don't get deleted by any mechanic ingame, leading to tons of disk space being clogged with wasted one-off dimensions.

We adopted an honor system of telling the server admin which ages are unused and thus ripe for deletion. Our method was a chest at his base, which the Age Book of unwanted dimensions was placed (and wiped upon each manual server backup). Due to the random nature of Mystcraft ave generation, it took a few tries to get the landscapes we wanted without any penalties, so it made his life hell searching for the right ones to prune, while making sure he didn't clip an entire base by accident. After people got settled, there was no reason to keep creating more (we did make a one-off age to fight the Wither, then kept it around as a dedicated age in which to do so). Our group was six regulars and a few ghosts/visitors of friends. I can't imagine trying to manage this for 10-20 strangers.

Edited by Dumbdumn5
Potential solution?

I can't seem to join the server. I have the mod-pack installed with Technical launcher. When trying to join with the server IP in game it tells he that the server is outdated and when trying to join with the launcher it just re-downloads stuff.

21 hours ago, Benjaminfallout said:

I can't seem to join the server. I have the mod-pack installed with Technical launcher. When trying to join with the server IP in game it tells he that the server is outdated and when trying to join with the launcher it just re-downloads stuff. 

If you're still unable to connect, make sure that you are using minecraft version 1.7.10

• 1 month later...

Whew lad, had to return and salt about how slow my PC is loading 150 mods, only to find the server being 0/100. Ah well, kudos to you for making this happen, too bad it didn't become more popular.

Yeah, no further support will be applied to the Modpack or the server sadly. The server will be up for a limited amount of time. The Modpack will be always up. The server files are our side, to make your own you will have to get the server files for each individual mod. We own the plugins that were used. But they aren't that expensive.

Thanks for the small hand full of people that made it happen. It was pretty fun while it lasted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use