(Changes to Pre-Existing Job) Trans-Solar Federation Marine, Tune-Up Suggestion!

GenSec

The changes suggested below the visual aid are mostly small text and description changes, but also include adding a few items such as a radio headset, assault belt, and armor vest. Currently the Solar Federation Marine job is under-powered, and when they show up and split up they're immediately without communication and also cannot holster their weapons properly. This suggestion list has changes that would let them communicate, holster their ARGs, hold their knife and ammo in a belt, and just operate far better. The biggest change suggestion however is adding a TSF radio channel for them to communicate with each other. They operate in large numbers and a dedicated channel would benefit them. This job already exists, these are change suggestions to a pre-existing job to balance it to be feasible.

I've talked with Birdtalon, Shockpoint, BlessedTuna, Spacemanspark, R1f73R (Ide Taro), C.A.S. (Casey), and Fraggloid. We've fine tuned it and agree these changes are due.

The current Solar Federation Marine event job inventory:

• 1 security backpack

• 1 box containing breath mask, emergency oxygen tank, and emergency autoinjector.

• 1 ARG

• 3 toploader magazines (5.56mm)

• 1 combat knife

• 1 magboots

• 1 combat boots

• 1 combat gloves

• 1 Sol Federation marine uniform

• 1 Sol Federation marine cap

• 1 ID Card (Solar Federation Marine)

image.png.8bd3db4cf14aebcf7892034d85101c4c.png

Suggested changes to text and description:

• Have marines spawn with rank names: Currently they spawn with names like Ishmael Bunten, instead have names like Private Bunten. Like the ERT.
  • Rename ID cards to “Trans-Solar Federation Marine”, more accurate.
  • Rename “Sol Federation marine uniform” to “Trans-Solar Federation Marine Uniform”
  • Change description of uniform from “A comfortable and durable combat uniform worn by Sol Federation Marine Forces.” to “A comfortable and durable combat uniform worn by marines of the Trans-Solar Federation.”
  • Rename “Sol Federation marine cap” to “Trans-Solar Federation Marine Cap”
  • Change description of cap from “A soft cap worn by marines of the Sol Federation.” to “A soft cap worn by marines of the Trans-Solar Federation.”
  • Change ARG description from “A robust assault rile used by Nanotrasen fighting forces.” to “A robust assault rifle used by various fighting forces.”
  • Change toploader magazine (5.56mm) description from “A box of ammo? There are 30 shells left!” to “An ammunition magazine. There are 30 shells left.”
  • Change 5.56 bullet casing description. “A 5.56mm bullet casing. This one is spent” Just add a period after the word "spent".

Suggested changes to marine equipment:

• Give marines ERT-level access cards, they are an emergency response force.
  • Make marine ID cards have a unique appearance, or at least be blue? Blue is the TSF color.
  • Give marines an armor vest, for protection. It would also allow holstering of the ARG.
  • Give marines an assault belt to hold their knives and ammo. They currently have nothing to hold them except their backpack.
  • Give marines a radio headset, and a station bounced radio. They currently have zero communication options.
  • Replace security backpack with a leather satchel, the Nanotrasen security backpack does not fit for Trans-Solar Federation marines.

Suggested changes to the SecHud:

• Give the Trans-Solar Federation Marine job a SecHud icon. They currently are just displayed as the ID-less question mark.

Suggested changes to radio channels:

• Introduce a Trans-Solar Federation radio channel, which these radio headsets would be able to access.
Edited by GenSec
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SkeletalElite said:

On the clothes I think it could be shortened to TSF for short and be revealed as Trans-Solar Federation on examine (for those that don't know) for the sake of length of the clothing names.

So instead you're saying they should be called "TSFM Cap" and "TSFM Uniform", right?

If anyone wants to take on this project, it wouldn't be that hard to do:

I don't think I will be doing this one myself, but if you want to do it, the above should help you get started.

Think the ARG description should be ''A robust assault rifle used by the Trans-Solar Federation Marines''would do, NT uses more energy guns than ballistics and ''NT and TSF aint the same''

Also i think the solar federation uniform should have armor and they should have a unique vest.

Some helmet in their bag would be nice too.

if the solarfed is gonna be an ERT, they should come with some gear for nonlethal issues, enforcer or some gun that can use rubber.

Edited by bigfatbananacyclops

I feel that an all lethal ERT that is used to deal with a like Xeno infestation or something like that isn’t bad. I feel that MAYBE the officer or supervisor should have a telebaton, but beyond that I feel like it’d clash with the whole “feel” of the unit.

The Sol marines aren't supposed to be an ERT in the traditional sense, since SolFed is a governmental entity and NT is a corporate one. If the SolFed marines are on the Cyberiad, then things have gotten bad enough for NT to request governmental aid (very rare for such a powerful corporation) or SolFed has a direct interest in something occurring on board the Cyberiad. The latter isn't normally gonna be true except for some sort of event, so there's no need to make sure SolFed have nonlethal weapons.

The marines already get armor. The LT already gets a telebaton. I don't plan to give them a unique vest, as it isn't worth it. I'll think about the helmet thing, but no helmet really springs to mind. Tay is correct regarding non-lethals.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:05 PM, Tayswift said:

The Sol marines aren't supposed to be an ERT in the traditional sense, since SolFed is a governmental entity and NT is a corporate one. If the SolFed marines are on the Cyberiad, then things have gotten bad enough for NT to request governmental aid (very rare for such a powerful corporation) or SolFed has a direct interest in something occurring on board the Cyberiad. The latter isn't normally gonna be true except for some sort of event, so there's no need to make sure SolFed have nonlethal weapons.

Nanotrasen is a megacorporation with their own land, space, and military ships. It's basically a government on it's own. It's not like if SpaceX went to the US government for aid, it's like if Canada went to the US and asked for aid.

Edited by Ty Omaha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use