Diona Nymph Rights1

Elimina7or

should dionaea nymphs be treated as crew upon birth?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's what I've posted some time ago.

Hey there.

It's not new, players respawning as a diona nymph can sometimes be real idiots. There are no official statement about them inside the rules, so I'm asking people's opinion on that. I've seen someone being arrested yesterday for attacking a nymph who was messing around in medbay. I've been attacked or have seen people getting attacked by nymphs (and grown up dionas) in the past for no obvious reason. As far as I'm concerned, not all nymphs/dionas are evil, of course, but if they don't behave correctly (being dicks), the crew should have the right to treat them accordingly without people freaking out.

The thing is that, basically, dionas are nigh invincible. When they get killed, they only become nymphs again and they can grow up again afterward.For that reason, what they are doing as a nymph or a diona is meaningless and insignificant. That's possibly why some of the people playing as nymphs or dionas feel the urge to pull pranks on people and act as assholes.

I've seen DavetheHeadcrab make an official statement yesterday but can't recall it perfectly. What he basically said was that nymphs could be killed without any kind of OOC consequence ( ban or warning). Killing a nymph is only considered animal cruelty and you can do brig time for it. That's about it.

They will forever be on the same rights as Monkeys. Maybe if the Nymphs were actually playing and not acting like a free-antag respawn we wouldn't have had to put it like that. Even now Players will still steal guns and equipment and sometimes use their "burliness" to go vigilante

• 5 years later...

I'm bringing this thread back to say that I feel Diona nymphs rights are an important topic. I've seen many a nymph turned into a roast...

• Like 1

That's a necro and a half. But a worthy one. In any case, I am against nymphs having any greater right than the space koi, if that. At least until they evolve. Then they count as a non-crew humanoid.  Which should be robusted like any other ***hat if they try anything more violent than a hug.

Yes I main Kidan. Nom mom nymphs forever.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:54 AM, Drakeven said:

I'm bringing this thread back to say that I feel Diona nymphs rights are an important topic. I've seen many a nymph turned into a roast...

Act like food and get treated like food.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use