Changed chemical recipes and more chemicals

Landerlow

I ws looking at the /tg/  wiki, and well, I could not help but notice that they have a lot more chemicals/more variation. 

I would like to add the following to Paradise:

--modafinil -- 

1 part Diethylamine
1 part Ammonia
1 part Phenol
1 part Acetone
1 part Sulphuric acid
1 unit Bromine (catalyst

Slowly-metabolizing compound with similar effects to cafe latte. If overdosed causes jitteriness, stuttering, rapid oxygen damage and eventually puts you to a lethal sleep.

--Morphine-- (recipe)

2 parts Carbon
2 parts Hydrogen
1 part Ethanol
1 part Oxygen
Temperature 480K

I have never understood why we can't make morphine, it would make sense to be able to make it. Both for medical or nefarious reasons.

--Cryptobiolin--

1 part Oxygen
1 part Potassium
1 part Sugar

Causes confusion and dizziness. This is essential to make Spaceacillin.

--Royal Bee Jelly--

10 parts Unstable Mutagen
40 parts Hone

Causes a Queen Bee to split in two when injected. (Results in 5 units instead of 50)

--Chloral Hydrate--

3 parts Chlorine
1 part Ethanol
1 part Water

A powerful sedative which dizzies, confuses and eventually puts the victim to sleep. Becomes deadly if left in the system for a long time. (Results in 1 units instead of 5)

-Impedrezene---

1 part Mercury
1 part Oxygen
1 part Sugar

A narcotic that impedes one's ability by slowing down the higher brain cell functions. Causes massive brain damage. (Results in 2 units instead of 3)

--Mute Toxin--

2 parts Uranium
1 part Water
1 part Carbon

Makes the subject unable to speak for some time.

-Lexorin-

1 part Hydrogen
1 part Oxygen
1 part Plasma

Temporarily stops respiration and causes oxyloss damage. Large doses are fatal, and will cause people to pass out quickly.

-Fentanyl--

1 part neurotoxin (Changed a bit from /tg/'s version)
Temperature 674K

Will deal Toxin and Brain damage up to around 60 points of damage total, if the drug is not removed after around 17 cycles it will knock the user unconscious.

--Pax--- (Need this for prisoners!)

1 part Mindbreaker Toxin
1 part Synaptizine
1 part Water

Suppresses violence by preventing the victim from using anything but the help intent and passive grabs.

--Synaptizine--

1 part Sugar
1 part Lithium
1 part Water

Helps Hallucinations go away much faster, and helps you recover from stuns faster. Also Purges Mindbreaker Toxin very quickly. Mildly toxic.

--Spewium--

Recipe: TBD

After 11 ticks, has up to a 50% chance of causing strong vomiting while purging other toxins each tick. After 33 ticks, there is a chance to eject an organ each tick if overdosing. Requires very high doses.

(Would be fun to use at monkeys to get organs)

--Thoughts?

Edited by Landerlow
  • Like 1

All those toxins sound like they would be pretty powerful. As such, I don't think they should be this easy to make. Take for example

1 part Hydrogen
1 part Oxygen
1 part Plasma

That's three clicks and it's done. Powerful toxins should at the very least require advanced chemicals that themselves have requirements to make, special temperatures, etc. At least, in my opinion.

You could do that , yes. On the same time, there are 10000ways of killing someone, some even easier or funnier than this. But yeah you could add some things to the recipes, this is just a suggestion, after all.

Let's see...

• Modafinil: It works quite differently than Cafe Latte. Cafe Latte wakes you up from sleeping as long as you have a unit in you and heals Brute damage. Modafinil reduces stun, knockdown, unconsciousness times and heals stamina damage at a hilariously low metabolization rate. It's practically our Meth without brainloss, with half its metabolization rate and without the speed buff. Feels waaay too strong for me but I'm not good with balancing.
  • Morphine: There is a way to make morphine - Botany and they can mass produce it. (Or order it from Cargo but eh...) I've never seen Medbay running out of Morphine (especially if you turn it into Hydrocodone, as you get 60u Hydrocodone for 30u Morphine) but even if you do, you can give Botany a job - I would love to keep it this way. I usually order morphine from Botany as a Roboticist as well for the rest of the species I have to borg/implant that I cannot put under.
  • Cryptobiolin: Not sure why would we need it, our Spaceacillin is made of space fungus + ethanol and cryptobiolin only causes confusion. But if you want to keep it for the confusion, then I guess we could have it?
  • Royal Bee Jelly: We have it with this exact recipe, however it is currently bugged, it doesn't split the queen for some reason (I tried it). That's why it is not on our wiki.
  • Chlorine Hydrate: Sounds almost exactly the same as Ether except for the confusion+death part. I... am not sure if I wanted to see this ingame. Feels like it'd be overused for kidnapping - unless, well, it requires 10+ units to metabolize, but then who would use it and for what purpose? I can only think of cultists and dragging off people to the nearest teleport rune. If it is a slow-acting anesthetizer, Ether would be always safer (and it is about to get a buff as I've seen on Github). If it's too slow-acting for antags, antags won't bother with it - I think...
  • Impedrezene: Pure mercury does almost the same but I have nothing against it.
  • Mute Toxin: Perfluorodecalin does exactly the same, not sure if we need a second muting chemical...
  • Lexorin: It feels like a super easy way to get Pancuronium (though Lexorin doesn't paralyse)... Not sure... If we were to have it, the recipe has to be much more complicated.
  • Fentanyl: This is almost exactly our Neurotoxin.
  • Pax: Sounds hilarious. We have this in the form of pure hugs but it's almost impossible to make so I'm down for getting this. Just change the mindbreaker toxin part.
  • Synaptizine: We have it, it's called Haloperidol.
  • Spewium: Jesus Christ hahahah I didn't expect anything like this. It feels like a too low-RP chemical for me but I have nothing else against it. I wouldn't like to see it personally but maybe others have a better sense of humour than me.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EldritchSigma said:

Not making Morphine has a reason. There is no way to synthesize Morphine effectivly IRL nor will there be. Only certain plants contain it in larger ammounts.

The wikipedia section on morphine synthesis says that it's possible though way more expensive than extracting it from poppies. Maybe given a few hundred years morphine synthesis would be possible?

• Like 2

Make a fake research chemical that acts on the same receptors and has similar effects. I just googled it. Should be plenty. Would it be easy? No. Are they going to have side effects? Absolutely. But as far as synthesis; not likely. You have to make something from nothing. Like, you can synthesize water. Doesn't mean it is cheap or effective. Even hundreds of years into the future; you'd have developed fine-tuned extraction methods, but not synthesis methods. A research chemical by-passes that. Any given chemical has any given effect. You merely have to mimic the effect, not the composition, necessarily.

When did we take out chloral? We had chloral. If it was taken out; probably won't make its way back in. Unless you scream really loudly, and incessantly, and then maybe. But that is mob rule.

3 hours ago, Tayswift said:

The wikipedia section on morphine synthesis says that it's possible though way more expensive than extracting it from poppies. Maybe given a few hundred years morphine synthesis would be possible?

Exactly, those stupid poppy seeds contain it in such ridicolous concentration that any chemical synthesis results in being more costly than just extracting it. 

Edited by EldritchSigma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use