Biography: Tetra Vega

ZN23X

First Name: Tetra

Last Name: Vega

Orientation: Heterosexual

Nicknames/Alias: Tet, Tetris, Vegan, Status Eyes (yes I've been called all those IC XD)

Personnel Photo

Tetra_Vega.Pilot.thumb.jpg.26bfbe3033cc6f89a988b2d894afd208.jpg

Age/D.O.B: 35 (11/25/2529)

Place Of Birth: Colony 23-NR

Species: Human

Blood Type: B-

Alignment: Neutral Good

Affiliation: Nanotrasen Security Force, Sol Gov Navy

Religious Beliefs: Acolysm

Childhood: Runaway Rebel

Adulthood: Workaholic

Detailed Information

Appearance:

She is 5'7" and weighs 165 pounds, an average build. She has piercing green eyes and her red hair is always pulled back into a messy ponytail. She has a turquoise snowflake tattoo on her right bicep.

Personality:

As gentle as possible, as ruthless as necessary.
She is normally a mixture of cheery and sarcastic. When focused on something she becomes quite stern. She also becomes a real hothead when overwhelmed.

Character Voice:The backstory within the backstory. I first created Tetra in Anarchy Online in 2001. I've used her in any game with a character creator since. Her red ponytail and green eyes have always been a staple. It wasn't until I saw the following cinematic from Starcraft 2 that I realized I portrayed her in the image of Sarah Kerrigan. My wife is actually familiar with Tetra's adventures as well, and when I had her watch this video she got a confused look on her face and said "Is that Tetra?!" It would only be right if she shared her voice:

Spoiler

Medical Record 

She has a mechanical heart, is a heavy smoker, light drinker, and has a minor pain killer dependency

[CONFIDENTIAL]

Her psych evaluation indicates she has been suffering hallucinations, most likely caused by stress. She believes she is being haunted by ghosts. Her psych taught her relaxation techniques and recommended she have a companion such as a pAI with her to keep her mind from wandering.

Security Record

Major Crimes: 
One count of Manslaughter
As Head of Security, Tetra Vega caused a vampire suspect to ignite by force feeding them too much holy water without sufficient extinguishers present, resulting in the suspect dying. Under the manslaughter law, she served a permanent sentence for the duration of the shift and was further reprimanded upon returning to Central Command.

Minor Crimes: 
From time to time she is reprimanded by Central Command for using unnecessary verbal force on prisoners and hurting their feelings.

Prior to being employed on the NSS Cyberaid she has various counts of vandalism, petty theft, trespassing, and battery.

[CONFIDENTIAL]

There is evidence that suggest that, despite her loyalty to Nanotrasen, she has been working for the Syndicate from time to time. It is believed they are forcing her to work using some sort of leverage they have over her. When questioned she appears uneasy yet conveys that nothing is out of the ordinary.

Character Biography

Born on a space colony, she has never set foot on a planet. The station her family lived on was older and run down...it did not have access the resources or technology of the newer stations. Her mother died giving birth to her, forcing her father to raise her and her brother Zeke alone. When Tetra was 10 her father was diagnosed with an aggressive form of heart disease. After months of unsuccessfully treating it, the doctors finally obtained a heart for transplant. The disease continued to attack the new heart, and her father died when she was 11. His autopsy confirmed that the heart disease was caused by a rare genetic defect. Testing showed that Tetra and Zeke also had the same defect. Current technology does not have a way to reverse this, so the only safe solution was to replace their hearts with mechanical hearts. 

With their father gone, Zeke had to raise Tetra. He was a fair bit older than her, in his early 20s at the time. He was one of the stations engineers trying to help keep the old heep functional. He kept a short leash on Tetra due to her being the only family he had left, so she spent much of her time with him and his co-workers learning and helping where she could. Being too young to understand why her brother was so strict with her, she became quite rebellious.

When Tetra was 17 she stowed away on a supply frigate visiting the station and set out on her own to escape her brothers restrictive grip. During her lonely downtime she discovered she had a talent for the guitar. Her talent had not gone unrecognized as the agent from her favorite punk rock group, Fluffy Fever, contacted her. Just around the time they discovered Tetra, their guitarist had a falling out with the group and they needed a new one. She was their girl. This decision was not without controversy as many of the fans were angry that the band would dare allow a human into this formerly all Vulpakin group. Tetra took it in stride, but the insults and death threats sometimes weighed heavy on her. After a few months of touring, the original guitarist made amends with the band and they cast Tetra aside so he could make his triumphant return. Later Tetra learned that the falling out and hiring her was a PR stunt all along.

Spoiler

rockerpunk_Tetra_copy.jpg.df402cc50af0dfa586e0b262a6baf1db.thumb.jpg.66492e01c86979b7082b170e31f1a923.jpg

Both bitter about how it ended but thankful for the memories, Tetra returned to her lonely existence. She skipped the galaxy around from one station to another doing what she had to survive, mostly working on small spacecraft with her limited engineering knowledge. Shortly before her 19th birthday she got word that there was a Zeke was severely injured by in a terrorist attack by The Syndicate.

She rushed home to find her brother a broken man, both physically and mentally. Two of his limbs were now robotic, as well as his eyes, and his voice lost do to trauma caused to his throat. Despite being maimed, he made out better than his two coworkers who perished. He refused to have his voice fixed in commemoration to his lost friends, and was now spending most nights drowning himself in whiskey to help sleep through the recurring nightmares of that awful day. Enraged by what her brother had become Tetra finally found her purpose. She joined the Sol Gov Naval Academy so she could obtain the skills required to fight the Syndicate and devote her energy to ensuring nothing like this happens to anyone else.

After graduating from the academy she served as mechanic and pilot in the navy for a few years. When she finished her service and sought employment with Nanotrasen due to the amount of Syndicate activity that seemed to find them. She is now part of the security force on the NSS Cyberaid, where her story continues...

Nanotrasen Employment Record:
On the NSS Cyberaid, she initially served primarily as the pod pilot, however after gaining experience she now regularly serves as the Warden or Head of Security as well. 
She occasionally serves as the brig physician due to the knowledge she gained working with and observing her good friend Mercy. She does not know conventional surgery as she never went to medical school, so when it comes to that she relies on the skills she gained while a mechanic in her late teens.

She also gained enough prestige with the higher ups at Nanotrasen to have clearance to serve as either the Blueshield or Magistrate when the need arises. 

Family
Father: Trev Vega (2497-2540)

Mother: Kraesha Vega (2499-2529)

Siblings: Zeke Vega (2518-present)

History
11/25/2529 - Tetra is born, her mother dies due to complications giving birth.
2/5/2539 - Trev is diagnosed with heart disease.
10/7/2539 - Trev receives heart transplant.
4/23/2540 - Trev Dies to heart disease.
3/1/2547 - Tetra runs stows away on a supply frigate and runs away from home.
11/05/2548 - There is a Syndicate attack on Colony 23-NR.
11/19/2548 - Tetra learns of the attack and rushes home to care for her brother.
11/23/2548 - Tetra arrives home and begins caring for her recovering brother.
2/4/2549 - Tetra joins the Sol Gov Naval Academy.
5/20/2553 - Graduates from the Academy and enlists in the Sol Gov Navy as a mechanic/pilot.
6/25/2559 - Finishes her service with the Sol Gov Navy and begins seeking employment with Nanotrasen.
1/20/2560 - Hired by Nanotrasen to serve as part of the security force on the NSS Cyberaid.
3/25/2561 - Gains clearance to serve as the Blueshield.
10/23/2561 - Gains clearance to serve as the Magistrate.

Personal Relationships

(I'll fill this out later, I have far too many names to put here and I've already spent an exhausting amount of time on this bio. I'll add them all at once when I'm done with them because I don't want to be updating the profile over and over again. Stay tuned???)

Faction Relations

Sol Gov Navy: Allied/Loyal "They taught me nearly everything I know. I wouldn't be anywhere without their guidance."
Nanotrasen: Allied/Loyal "They pay well and always seem to have Syndicate activity swirling around them. This is where I belong"
The Syndicate: Hate/Enemy "I will use every ounce of energy in my body to prevent them from hurting anyone else the way they hurt my family..."

Other Information
Living Quarters

Tetra lives in a small bare bones apartment that is an absolute mess. Sink always overflowing with dishes. Empty coffee cups and food containers lay about. Ash trays that are overflowing with cigarette butts.The floor is littered with dirty clothes and empty packs of Robusts.

There is a circular path carved through the mess that originates from desk in the corner. Well organized articles and reports of criminal or terrorist activity targeting Nanotrasen and the NSS Cyberaid lay upon the desk. These include profiles of the various enemies of the corporation detailing their strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies.

On the nightstand is a dusty handle of Uncle Git's Special Reserve that is still half full next to a picture of Tetra with her brother Zeke. Inside the night stand is a loaded Stetchkin and a pill bottle filled with Salicylic Acid and a loaded Stetchkin.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 8
  • angryeyes 3

• 3 weeks later...

Updated her backstory a bit to add a part in her late teens where she toured with the band, Fluffy Fever. Thanks to @PhantasmicDream for the inspiration XD

I swear to god I'll take the time to do relationships at some point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZN23X said:

Updated her backstory a bit to add a part in her late teens where she toured with the band, Fluffy Fever. Thanks to @PhantasmicDream for the inspiration XD

I swear to god I'll take the time to do relationships at some point

I can't see a vulp in a metal band. They're literally anthropomorphic dogs, so when I read that it was a previously vulp-only group I thought of this:

kelsey.jpg

• stunbaton 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Futility42 said:

i'm new to ss13 and still trying to get back into paradise, but i've always thought about making something like a bio for S'lit Uriss. but this is just insane, i could never do something like 

Didn't plan it at least. My original character on Para was Zeke. He was a greytide mute cuz it was more fun for him to be mute. I eventually made an Unathi who played sec. Fell in love with sec. Made Tetra after I unlocked pod pilot. And it became a story...thas about it. Give it a shot ?

I guess my point is...stuff just happened naturally n I made it cannon. Just run with what works.

Edited by ZN23X

12 hours ago, ZN23X said:

Didn't plan it at least. My original character on Para was Zeke. He was a greytide mute cuz it was more fun for him to be mute. I eventually made an Unathi who played sec. Fell in love with sec. Made Tetra after I unlocked pod pilot. And it became a story...thas about it. Give it a shot ?

I guess my point is...stuff just happened naturally n I made it cannon. Just run with what works.

Not forgetting I pestered you to make a biography for about a month ?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use