Flash that Borg!

Zciwomad

Flash is a dangerous tool to cyborgs, so I tried to find a solution for CQC. I think it is bug or it is just not implemented, but disabling camera won't prevent flash from stun and this is somehow illogic. I think that blind borg shouldn't be able to be stunned by flash. This "artifice" would allow to outsmart traitors/anyone and fool them that borg is stunned. I think this wouldn't be OP, becouse blindness prevents shooting, tracking and target identification and borg needs to know that his opponent will use flash. 

I don't say that flash shouldn't work like they do on cyborgs(This is needed), but disabled camera could prevent that. Blinded cyborg is weak enough, it's extremely easy to escape from him, it is unable to hit anything with disabler/laser/other projectile, can't identify hostiles etc. It's hard enough to disable camera, that action takes 3 clicks, cyborg needs to know before that his opponent will use flash. This is still just as easy as before to deal with cyborgs.

• Like 1

Well, buff is just one solution that I proposed, feel free to say "sh*t" about it like this is a straight passive boost not a simple "high risk high reward" tool for skilled cyborg.

I'm counting more to explanation flash stunning disabled camera. It's a lore and logic mistake, feel free to just explain that, why flash could still overload disabled cybernetic eyes.

This would just mean borgs would macro that shit and use it as a button you press the second before you rush in the general direction of the badguyMcGee while clicking like a madman in hopes of hearing that swoomph of a connecting stun baton

Then badguyMcGee would move out of his way, escape or do something else. Give it a cooldown to turn off/on or just label it: Disabling camera only prevents visual data stream to core, camera is still functional and overloading it still cause stun. 

Illogical, but it's never going to get fixed given how so much of the community doesn't like or even plays borgs. The ability to turn equipment on and off was originally going to have more effects tied to it, IIRC, but never got anywhere past how much power per tick a borg was going to drain from their cell.

Borgs and stuns have never gotten along. The fact that super farting on the same screen as a borg stuns them is bad, but it full on shuts them down for the 5-8 second window a flash or flashbang does is pretty ridiculous. I'd definitely like to see someone do a pass on all the things that can stun a borg and tweak them to not be classic chloro-stim knock outs that render the borg utterly defenseless with no counterplay to screen wide attacks.

Also people forget the flash stun to borgs was also from back when flashes fully stunned carbon crew as well, albeit borgs had longer stuns and were unable to speak at all, where regular crew could still scream over the radio so-and-so was burning their retinas out. Which, again, portable flashes and mounted flashers in security are hold overs from this time.

4 hours ago, CaesersLegion said:

First time in my life when i don't understand the post, please explain I'm getting brain blemishes. 

WHAT DOES HE WANT???

He wants to make it where if a Borg disables their camera (blinding themselves) they are immune to flashes as long as it stays disabled

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use