Gamemode Suggestion: Biohazard Operations

Kitchi Ikamura

Opinion Poll  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gamemode Name

Biohazard Operations, Biohazard Ops, Bio Ops.

Brief Description/Lore

The Syndicate wants to destroy the NSS Cyberiad secretely, instead of Nuclear operatives a new unit of Biohazard Operatives are sent in to plant a Biohazard onto the station and ensure it infests the station enough to be uncontrollable, they must also prevent nuclear detonation to secure Plausible deniability that syndicate was not involved

Description

Biohazard Operations is a semi-reskin of the Nuclear Emergency gamemode (Or Commonly called Nuke Ops), Instead of a nuke the Antagonists must place a Biohazard container on the Cyberiad of any Biohazard dangerous enough to warrant Nuclear Destruction.. But the canister must be activated using a NAD as a security precaution (The syndicate wouldn't want a blob eating their lovely outposts)

Once the canister has been armed and detonated, A Level 5 , 3 or 1 Biohazard antagonist will spawn at the location with the goals of their respected biohazard (ETC Blob must consume the station), this would mean the Biohazard Operatives themselves are fair game like the crew.

The Biohazard Operatives however cannot kill the Biohazard despite it wanting to eat them or gauge their eyeballs out, their next objective is to protect the Biohazard/s until a certain point where the outbreak in uncontainable and proceed to Evacuate the Cyberiad, returning back to base after a successful mission.

Biohazard Operations will have a different theme as the syndicate are trying to destroy the Cyberiad without giving evidence that they did so, to prevent Nanotrasen retaliating, this means Hardsuits will most likely be different with the theme of preventing Biohazardous substances infesting the operative but weapons and gear will remain the same.

To keep lore and RP fun only command and higher are aware of Biohazard Operations official existence, like deathsquad.

Objectives

Biohazard Operatives

1.  Secure The Nuclear Authentication Disk and Arm the Biohazard Disperser.

2. The Biohazard is now infesting the station, prevent the crew from destroying the Biohazard.

3. Biohazard is uncontainable, return to HQ for debrief.

Win Conditions

Station is destroyed and Biohazard Ops escape, Bio Ops wins.

Station is destroyed but no surviving biohazard operatives No one wins (Except biohazard).

Biohazard is destroyed but bio ops escaped minor crew victory.

Biohazard ops fail to activate biohazard major crew victory.

Crew escapes but Biohazard is active Bio Ops and crew victory (The Biohazard fails).

Pro's

- Introduces a new gamemode to the rotation.

- interesting stage based dynamic.

- new factor of fear (Basically seeing a dude in a biohazard hardsuit in those dark maintenance tunnels will scare the daylights out of anyone, right?)

- Evolution of Paradise stations lore (the syndicate wouldn't just use nukes you know, must be expensive.)

Cons

- Coding, Spriting and mapping will be required ( I do not expect this to be implemented in a short period, simple idea's are a thing, a whole gamemode is another)

- Based off the Nuclear Emergency gamemode, basically making this a semi-reskin.

Testing

Stage One: Community Response.

Like anything, there is a beginning, that beginning of this idea will first be based off the communities response and critics to the concept of this gamemode, like it? Dislike it? give your opinion!

Community Response level: (Being calculated via comments and Polls)

Stage Two: Staff Response

Although the community is strong, there are always those far superior and grander then us, which would be the staff team itself. their word is law and so their opnion is highly valued as well. they decide this suggestion makes it through the light of day.

Stage Three: Development

After the vote is cast into the fire, If the community and the staff are in favour of this suggestion this marks the real beginning, Development would begin with simple designs for items ETC Biohazard hardsuits as stated above, to be tested on a private server to avoid killing the server.

Stage Four: Improvement and Refinement

After initial development and testing, Improvements can be made to balance the gamemode and its respected items.

Stage Five: Public Testing

After bugfixing and rigorous testing on a private setting, the suggestion may go up onto the server itself to see how the community responds and how it plays with the rotation.

Notes

Please comment what you like and dislike about the suggestion, what can I do to improve it? Did I miss anything that would require changing? was my grammer and spelling so horrible even the devil himself would burn their eyes out apon looking? let us know!

Edited by Kitchi Ikamura
Spelling Error
  • Like 2

I like the idea, touches on the other more subtle side of the syndicate than traitors tends to. To throw in my two cents, maybe give them less military grade equipment and more along the lines of traitor gear. They are meant to not be connected to the Syndicate. Also, would they really bring a blob onto a station when it could easily spread back to their outposts once it matures enough. Also, maybe they could bring some horrible disease to wipe out the populace of a station for later looting. (Plus some kickass armored biosuits would be great

I don't like it. It does only seem like a Nuke Ops reskin to me. It sounds like it gives the Ops a chance for failure even after securing the disk, which doesn't sound fair to me since the major focal point of Nuke Ops is getting dat disk. Most of them will be dead by the time they do and if getting dat disk also means waiting longer for the biohazard to consume the station, that just means even more dead people waiting even longer for what's supposed to be a fast action-intense round getting dragged out. Just seems like it's "different" for the sake of being "different."

And I don't think "lore" makes sense either. I think a nuke is a lot easier to make and contain than a dangerous uncontrollable biohazard like a Blob or Terror Spiders. We have thousands of nukes today, I think future space-tech would have even less of a problem pumping them out. Plus, the Syndicate doesn't need to be subtle so "Nanotrasen can't retaliate," it's already a shadowy cabal of many factions and organizations united by a hatred of NT, it's not just one group, it's many working in cooperation. It's hard to tell who does what when you're NT because everyone hates you so it could be any one of them. If the Syndicate wants a station destroyed, they'll do it in the most practical and overt way possible, i.e. a nuke. And space suits can already function like biosuits, can't they? No reason for them to wear something else in that case, as cool as the visual could be.

Some other servers, tgstation for example, already give Ops a biohazard option in that they can buy and release dangerous and infectious diseases onto the station to weaken and distract the crew while they attack. If you want biological warfare, I'd say you should instead go for something like that, an option that is merely a means to an end.

Edited by TrainTN

The idea is cool for me. Would be nice if "Bio ops" get some nice unique weapons, like syrgine-gun filled with brainrot, or any other viruses ((maybe somethine that purges body out of current viruses and apply new one that is lethal)). Also often one blob is enough to consume whole station, so it would not be THAT much problem for ops after they release blob.

• Like 1

This sounds like a crazy fun idea! Stealth Bio Ops would scare the living crap out of me if I was just minding my own business and I saw some dudes in biohazard armor walking around with some crazy device. You know that scene in the R6S campaign where the terrorists has the college? That's what I think of when I think of this. I fully support the idea.

Have to echo the sentiment that this feels like too much of a reskinned nukies with an extra step added just because, but there is potential to the concept. Maybe we could take a page from 40k, and have a disease god and a cult who worships him in return for his "blessings." Sort of like cult but with no runes, no conversions, biological themed super powers, and the goal to infect a certain percentage of the (non IPC) crew with a special disease.

But I may have gotten a tad off topic here.

• 2 weeks later...

Want to point out that lorewise I think the NAD is needed in nukeops because the nuke is stolen from NT, so that could be similar here, where it is a stolen blob specimen... but then the name nuclear authentication disk doesn't make much sense... ah well whatever, just a minor detail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use