Have the ERT on the crew manifest.

Cyiko

I've recently been building turrets to help security, ones that shoot based on security status. If the ERT shows up, they also shoot them and I'm assuming it's because they don't actually show up on the crew manifest, thus the turrets shoot them because they aren't crew.

Is it really necessary/worth it to build turrets all over the hallways? I remember the round you were plotting them out, getting started before there was even a code blue, if I recall correctly. It seems like an extreme measure to even take in most cases, especially without evidence.

33 minutes ago, ID404NotFound said:

Is it really necessary/worth it to build turrets all over the hallways? I remember the round you were plotting them out, getting started before there was even a code blue, if I recall correctly. It seems like an extreme measure to even take in most cases, especially without evidence.

Even when i think the same, at the moment i approached to that situation i realized robotics can easily spam security bots or ED900 without much problem and flood the place with pretty much movile turrets who can also stunlock and cuff you up, plus calling your location.

This might need some more in deep view about how legit it is to build them without red alert, but adressing this will mean we need to also look over robotics and his devices.

Taking this point away, the idea of the ERT beign part of the manifest sounds really good.

18 hours ago, ID404NotFound said:

It's always worth it to ensure your safety, crew!

Also I really like turrets...

Edited by Cyiko

I can't see any reason to support this. ERT are not crew. I believe they can be added manually to the Manifest to avoid the problem of turrets shooting at them. If turrets attacking them is common enough to be a problem, then seems the bigger problem is turrets being built where they shouldn't be.

To be honest the turret construction is more or less not really necessary, so instead of trying to fix the crew manifest so it includes the ERT, i recommend doing something else in your spare time.

Because if you build turrets in the middle of the hallway word is going to spread around and antags will most likely just avoid and or bomb the area.

This entire discussion got derailed from the ERT not being on the crew manifest to a discussion about the turrets. The ERT not being on the manifest means the AI is completely fine to screw them over on most lawsets, only avoidable by the server's rules.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:47 AM, CeasersLegion said:

Because if you build turrets in the middle of the hallway word is going to spread around and antags will most likely just avoid and or bomb the area.

If the turrets are shooting at them, security is aware of the threat they pose, otherwise they will ignore them so why are the turrets an issue again? 

3 hours ago, Cyiko said:

The ERT not being on the manifest means the AI is completely fine to screw them over on most lawsets, only avoidable by the server's rules.

For which lawsets?

Crewsimov - yes, the AI doesn't have to care that much about the ERT, but ERT members are specifically deployed to stop a direct harm to crew, so I'd imagine this would fall under law 1

Corporate - AI screws everyone over, crew or not, on this lawset

NT default - AI must respect the command chain. Cannot screw over ERT

Robocop - ERT are innocent, betraying the ERT is a violation of the public trust, and I'd imagine that, depending on how you're screwing over the ERT, it would also be against the law

Paladin - Betraying the ERT is probably evil, though this lawset is pretty much a free for all

I honestly don't think this is big enough of an issue to warrant adding people who aren't crew to the crew manifest. Turrets are excessive. This is a research station, not a warzone.

20 minutes ago, Tayswift said:

For which lawsets?

Crewsimov - yes, the AI doesn't have to care that much about the ERT, but ERT members are specifically deployed to stop a direct harm to crew, so I'd imagine this would fall under law 1

Corporate - AI screws everyone over, crew or not, on this lawset

NT default - AI must respect the command chain. Cannot screw over ERT

Robocop - ERT are innocent, betraying the ERT is a violation of the public trust, and I'd imagine that, depending on how you're screwing over the ERT, it would also be against the law

Paladin - Betraying the ERT is probably evil, though this lawset is pretty much a free for all

I honestly don't think this is big enough of an issue to warrant adding people who aren't crew to the crew manifest. Turrets are excessive. This is a research station, not a warzone.

You're right on the AI part, my bad. The turrets function no different to beepskies though, they shoot you with disabler beams only and they only do it if you have a wanted status. Literally beepskies that don't move and instead disable criminals in a 7 tile radius around them, granted they don't report crimes but that might be an interesting PR to make in the future to give the turrets the ability to broadcast notifications when they engage someone.  an important research station would have a state of the art security system, saying it's not a warzone is fine and obvious seeing as this is about nonlethal sec turrets with disablers, not lethal turrets like in the AI sat.

Edited by Cyiko

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use