KingPhilip's problems with the Wiki.

KingPhilipIII

Right. So I reported this on a thread and no fixes were ever made, so fuck you new thread.

I'll just report any future problems I find here.

The page on cultists is in need of a few minor updates, namely the cult runes. For example the rune of dimensional rending is now excluding other eldritch deities, it fails to include the rune for summoning the slaughter demons, some of the names are just outdated, the rune for conversion and the rune for talisman making are both called the rite of binding.

The changeling page is in desperate need of some love. In addition to being somewhat vague in some instances, it's missing new powers, has older and outdated powers and fails to mention some new tidbits about changelings.

It doesn't mention that changelings now slowly regenerate their chemicals while dead, so that would be important to mention with regards to regenerative stasis, nor does it actually mention anywhere that decapitation will permanently kill a changeling, which is somewhat important as one of the three primary ways to terminate changelings.

There is a listed power as Epinephrine Overdose, which removes all stuns and is poisonous and whatever, and there is Adrenaline sacs, which removes all stuns and is poisonous or whatever. Same power, someone messed up.

It doesn't mention the tentacle power that was added(I think it was added. Did that PR ever get through? I forget.) and it still has the engorged chemical power, despite that now being a default ability for all changelings now.

In the paragraph for regeneration it says it costs ten chemicals to go into it and to leave, but in the listing of powers it correctly says 15 chemicals each time.

Fixed.

Revenant stuff.

Probably the most notable thing is we don't have that whole three strikes you're out system, and I've heard players mention that and complain about it recently so it's not something that's gone unnoticed either.

Essence costs are inaccurate, as well as the amount gained from draining corpses/the unwitting. 

Edited by KingPhilipIII

Abductor page is also in need of some updates, the only one I noticed at first glance being the gland section is outdated (Notably the plasma and bodysnatcher gland no longer killing the abductee.)

Edited by KingPhilipIII

The map, in relation to medbay requires an update, considering our recent renovation of the medbay. When you go into the locations section is where it most immediately becomes apparent, but if there are pictures in various guides that may need updating as well.

In relation, relevant maintenence tunnels also require updating in the map section.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

Central Command's map, although minor also requires some slight updates, such as that the Gamma Armory is now a ship, and that the mech section is now seperated into teleporters and mechs.

The arcade needs to be added to the general map as well.

The holodeck map link needs an update too.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

Right. I'm just gonna condense further complaints about maintenance here. When jumping to Genetics maintenance in the map section, it brings you to the maintenance directly south of the brig. For some fucking reason. Plus we no longer have a genetics maintenance in light of recent map updates.

Bar/ chapel maintenance does not reflect new changes as well on the map, such as the fact the tunnels can now be accessed from the holodeck. Plus there are other small little changes were done as well.

To prevent tiny posts, there is no longer a podbay attachment on the mining station, contrary to what the wiki map says.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

The cyborg page needs a few updates, I did a brief once over and may edit this post with more issues, but what I've noticed thusfar comes as such:

1. The cyborg pictures need new sprites added, such as the NOBLE varients of the borgs.
  2. The Absolute best module of all time peacekeeper module needs an entry added.

In the same vein with synthetics, the AI malfunction page is in HUGE need of updates, as the information included within is almost completely worthless, and while I know the malfunctioning AI mode has been removed, we can still have Syndicate AIs that function mostly the same, and so the page should still be kept recent and useful for the terrified AI player that found himself with an objective to detonate the station.

Edited by KingPhilipIII
AI page stuff.

Map issues will take a bit to resolve, because I literally have to stitch those together piece by piece and crop out unnecessary information.

Bad redirect to genetics maintenance is just that, a bad redirect. I'll fix that with the map changes.

Revenent page is already marked for changes.

Changeling I'll take a look at tomorrow.

Abductor page needs work, though I'm unsure if the suggested changes are relevant - it can be assumed that your own work isn't going to instakill you.

Feel free to keep reporting changes here. You can also use the wiki-dev channel on the Discord too if you like.

Right. Shadowling page needs a few changes, and these are minor, but worth noting.

1. It specifies the need for shadowlings to reach 15 thralls to ascend. this was changed and is now completely variable depending on the amount of crew present.
  2. Shadowling ascendant powers have no cooldowns, you filthy liars. 
  3. It might be smart to add in a note about what life is like as a lesser shadowling.
  4. The Destroy Engines power actually slows the shuttle by twenty minutes, and prevents it from being recalled.
  5. The blurb about ascended shadowlings mentions being able to rip holes in spacetime. They can no longer do this.
  6. Ascendant shadowlings need a sprite update on the wikipage, seeing as Dreamy provided us with much more appealing looking ones.
  7. In the section detailing thralls, it says thrall dark sight isn't as powerful, requiring a light. This is false.

Also Alright, I'll keep poking around. I'm supremely lazy though and probably won't use discord though so.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

47 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

Abductor page needs work,though I'm unsure if the suggested changes are relevant - it can be assumed that your own work isn't going to instakill you.

The descriptions actually specify turning the abductee into a cocoon/causing them to explode into a cloud of plasma. They explicitly say they're going to kill you in those particular cases.

Also, further problems with abductor page, just as a quick note here. You should mention new vests can be linked to the console by smacking the console with the vest. This has given me and other teams trouble before. Plus, it's not grafted to the agent. It can be remotely locked and unlocked from the console.

IPC experimental surgery should get it's note there as well.

Maybe mention how aliens can no longer use the crew's weapons, so either remove the bit about stealing weapons from the armory, or change the reason to just 'To fuck with the crew.'

Gear points and experimentation points are done seperately on our server. Spending points does not detract from your total goal. This is small but it's mentioned in the first section.

Ayyylien sprites in the tables. They have a unique teleporter sprite as well as a special ayylien surgical table.

Also. Ayyylien tools for whatever reason don't need stuff like hardsuits or other surgery blocking clothing removed. Might be handy dandy to note.

Slight grammatical changes, I can tell a lot of this was taken from TG, as it explicitly states only human disguises or human/lizards (They don't have a bunch of snowflakes like we do.)

Add the abductor helmet to the ayylien table, as it prevents AI tracking and is covered in stylish spikes.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

@Shadeykins

Should I refrain from reporting any issues I find with pages that are already marked as needing to be updated?

I personally would find it helpful for someone to do a quick preview so I could hop straight into those issues faster myself, but I'd rather not poke my nose where I'm not needed.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, KingPhilipIII said:

@Shadeykins

Should I refrain from reporting any issues I find with pages that are already marked as needing to be updated?

I personally would find it helpful for someone to do a quick preview so I could hop straight into those issues faster myself, but I'd rather not poke my nose where I'm not needed.

The wiki is a community project. If you see an issue, feel free to report it or fix it yourself. You needn't ask permission.

The only general exceptions to this are Space Law/Lore/SoP.

Alright. Just a quick note with regards to the high risk items list.

We should consider removing the RCD from the list, seeing as they are now easily obtainable from a hacked autolathe. They are neither highrisk, nor something the Syndicate sends agents to steal anymore.

Second. We should either remove the jetpack item, since it's no longer an antagonist target, or change it accordingly to be the Captain's jetpack(Which is a new target.)

Yea I figured as much.

Some new photo files are needed as well. The HoS laser, Krav Maga gloves, and the cappy's medal don't have sprites for the wiki to add to that table you made.

Edited by KingPhilipIII

I realize it's already marked, but the general items page really needs a bump up in terms of priority for being worked on. Half the vending machines don't show up properly, several need to be updated, and in general the page is a mess.

All object pages are a WIP. Feel free to hop on any as you like--please ensure you use the new table formatting found on the Security Objects page if you do, as the tables are being migrated to something easier to manage.

I recommend leaving general items object page for last however, as it's going to be the most arduous to finish--the more specialized object pages are more useful as it were.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use