Change rules regarding to violence

Le0p01d

I was reading through this and I realized, there may be a small discrepancy in how Space Law and the Server rules define self defense.

Rules: "Putting someone into Critical Condition is considered self-defense only if they attempted to severely hurt/kill you."

Space Law: "Self Defense is defined as "The protection of oneself, the protection of thy colleagues, and the protection of thine workplace"."

So are you allowed to attack people for attacking other people/stealing important job items/severely damaging your work station, but can only put them in crit if they specifically attack you?

I see no discrepancy between the two things. The server rules themselves has a higher priority to being followed (In a OOC manner that is) than Space Law.

One shouldn't just outright just go and put someone in critical. Someone attacking you, your workplace or your colleagues? Call Security, they exist for a reason. Afterwards, if Security is taking too long, or if the attacker is being overly being violent, try to knock them down and/or disarm and take their weapon and then run away, because once they are down, its not technically self defense in itself if you continue to attack them. If you cannot run away, try to trap them in a room/locker/restrain them or disposal them. 

IF BY THEN none of the above was available/successful and Security has not appeared/are dead, then maybe, MAYBE, you can resort to those extreme measures, BUT REMEMBER TO AHELP THE FIRST MOMENT YOU GET A CHANCE  TO, IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY ISSUES LATER ON(such as the attacker is down, or you were able to escape them for a limited time).

And changing the rules to allow more violence is a dreadful idea, a portion of the player base are the kind that tend to cause trouble/greytide, letting them have the chance to put someone in critical over the small things not only would give the admins more issues to deal with, but it would also negatively affect the atmosphere of the gaming environment.

Edited by bryanayalalugo

Many times i have seen 2 players get into a fight, naturally fights rarely end with both players being in good condition, because both will want to "win" aka render some one incapable of hitting back and i've seen many times it end with them both being admin stunned. Why? I mean, both wanted to fight, non ahelped, so why intervene with the admin stuns? If there is no intervention it will just end with them both going to medbay and moving on with their life. Surely if one kills another then thats over board. But i don't think i saw it happen once.

In my opinion if two non-antag players fight each other and they are cool with it, there shouldn't be anything done against that.

Or if one player is clearly letting other player know that his actions are provoking him into a fight and he can easily avoid it, if fight starts, no need for intervention.

I feel like this is how it should be.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Nayser said:

Many times i have seen 2 players get into a fight, naturally fights rarely end with both players being in good condition, because both will want to "win" aka render some one incapable of hitting back and i've seen many times it end with them both being admin stunned. Why? I mean, both wanted to fight, non ahelped, so why intervene with the admin stuns? If there is no intervention it will just end with them both going to medbay and moving on with their life. Surely if one kills another then thats over board. But i don't think i saw it happen once.

In my opinion if two non-antag players fight each other and they are cool with it, there shouldn't be anything done against that.

Or if one player is clearly letting other player know that his actions are provoking him into a fight and he can easily avoid it, if fight starts, no need for intervention.

I must agree. I see no reason for admins to interfere in cases like this, but they obviously do (experienced it).

It was actually pretty hilarious, we both went to crit. Got brought into medbay, had surgery... And right after I left OR1 my enemy left OR2, fresh and new. Needless to say we went on again.

If all participants consent then there should be no issue. If one of them doesn't then it is obviously a big one, and that needs to be enforced. This is not the case here however.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 11:21 PM, Nayser said:

On 11/10/2017 at 12:10 AM, Bxil said:

I must agree. I see no reason for admins to interfere in cases like this, but they obviously do (experienced it).

It was actually pretty hilarious, we both went to crit. Got brought into medbay, had surgery... And right after I left OR1 my enemy left OR2, fresh and new. Needless to say we went on again.

If all participants consent then there should be no issue. If one of them doesn't then it is obviously a big one, and that needs to be enforced. This is not the case here however.

Finally some real opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use