Magboots

Shotz

As fastmos has now been merged I think it would be a great idea to have magnetic boots available to miners at round start. Opening the airlocks to head to and from the asteroid results in getting tossed around, the western exit through the disposal pipe is all but unusable without them. These were all things that players had mentioned while fastmos was in the testing phase and could be negated by having a pair of boots spawn  in the equipment lockers. Yes, it's possible for science to print them or ask engineering for some but I've had my requests ignored for the most part. While I don't mind hanging around the entrance to RnD waiting for quality of life upgrades I do mind when it's a tool that is now basically necessary to perform the job.

With space being deadlier it's nice to see people treating it like they should, a deathtrap to be taken seriously which is why cycle airlocks exist in the first place.

This shouldn't be discouraged by making magboots more ubiquitous IMO, maybe throw in EVA access though seeing as their entire job is to be out in space.

Oh I agree, this isn't a knock against the update at all. Even cycling airlocks in mining will have you thrown into bulkheads. Again, this was reported during the testing phase. If a station job has you being issued a hardsuit because you'll be in space, why not be issued magnetic boots? For that matter it wouldn't be unreasonable to have a pair spawn for the paramedic as well.

I hope cargo techs can get magboots as well, trying to get into the shuttle is a pain without them. I remember the QM and myself both dying when going out the door. Cargo doesn‘t have airlock cycles for the dock.

If it's possible, why not a floor type called mag flooring which has the same properties as on magboots when standing on them... For whatever reason. Can use them for airlocks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jovaniph said:

Maybe have magboots inside the lockers, yeah?

Yeah that seems to be the easiest solution. Another idea I had, that touched on what Vertigo said would be to have a crate available that cargo could order. Have it cost a hefty amount of points to order with CE level access to open maybe. That would allow another way to get access to the boots if science is not cooperating; but hopefully deter having everyone on the station running around wearing them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use