How to apply thermal paste to a CPU

Ralta

Greetings! For your viewing pleasure, I present to you a short GIF showing the most efficient method of applying thermal paste to a CPU:

7JnbbpN.gif

Note that while Hellman's is the recommended brand of thermal mayo paste, you can use other brands such as Heinz instead.

Edited by Ralta
  • Like 1
  • stunbaton 2
  • honk 1
  • explodyparrot 2

I like my mayo with olive oil, will that let me cool my cpu more and play spessdude 2D at 1080p? Thanks doctor rata 

11 hours ago, Vargh said:

I like my mayo with olive oil, will that let me cool my cpu more and play spessdude 2D at 1080p? Thanks doctor rata 

Dear Vargh,

Thank you for your question. While Olive Oil may improve flavour, it does little for the cooling efficiency of your CPU! I would recommend a brine solution because, as we all know, the ocean is very cold and this is due in no small part to the salt content. So top off your watercooling with brine (26% solution would be ideal), or simply fill the case up with this magical cooling liquid to reach previously unexplored framerates in your Spessdude 2D game.

Enjoy the jealousy of your friends!

Kind regards,

Doctor Ralta, MD, BSc, BEd, BEng, BCL, BFF, OAP, BS, SNAFU

Doctor Ralta accepts no liability for any fault or failure for any parts or components damaged by following these instructions. You will not be compensated for your losses, and we will laugh at you excessively.
@Vargh

Edited by Ralta

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use