• 2 weeks later...

Sketch dump! 

D.I.C.E

IMG_0008.JPG

B.E.E.R

IMG_0009.JPG

Tator D.I.C.E

IMG_0010.JPG

The town of Redstone, a place that the party in the D&D campaign I'm in just reached

IMG_0016.JPG

Edited by Chronarch
formatting
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Heya! Haven't been getting much art done lately, been busy with school and stuff...

I'm working on something cute now though, so hooray!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on something cute now though, so hooray!

Here's something cute

Good Night

1610892476_GoodNight.thumb.png.04294cda71872358ef8d0fd913dc3a8c.png

Would have finished it further but things came up so yaay

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Failed You

224877955_WorstGiftEver.png.fa8bfe6a5edd43e5ddc2ba19fe6bcc65.png

Context

Spoiler

This was the gift given to B.E.E.R and L.I.L.Y, after their wedding.

BEER was ordered to space himself with LILY after the shuttle docked to the cyberiad

And he was too drunk to comply

So was she

Yakikira took LILY into a pod instead, and BEER ended up getting disposaled by some tider

She was beaten to death in the pod.

He was left, broken and crying

Yelling into an intercom "I failed you!"

w.JPG.01ec3549cc435010aed445ac7776e48f.JPG

d.JPG.72363a0bde0ea870104c71ce37c097a0.JPG

@LicaPebble@GravityPeelz

Edited by Chronarch
  • angryeyes 1

Hi, Chronarch. I like your style of drawing so I want to give you a bit of criticism so you can improve with your art.

• Refrence a human body

Now, I understand near all of your characters are IPCs, but according to the sprites, they aren't that far away from a human in terms of body types(unlike vox or dionae), so it's good to have the image of a model posing in/similar to the way that you want your character posing. But don't get TOO good, because then you'll just be drawing humans with TV heads (good for synths tho). Remember that IPCs are robots, and even now robots aren't thicc. Besides maybe synths. If you're drawing a TV head, I reccomend making them a bit blocky(e.g the thighs curve in at the opposite side of the knee, make it look like a polygon instead)

•    Understand what the human body is capable of doing

This'll be easy, but I had to put this in because of your "Good night" artwork. Your wife's arms are supposed to hold onto you but it looks like either she's wrapping her arm around your arm like an anaconda choking their pray or she has really loose hands. Like said above, to make your art look natural, it's best to refrence a model so your character doesn't end up twisting his arm to give a thumbs up.

• Understand the human tendencies/norm

An example of this would be how people draw dead people's fingers. Flat on the floor(or whatever surface), but you'll realize if you leave your hands like that on a table(flat), your fingers will start to curl up. IPCs probably have an endo-skeleton, so this counts for them as well. Best way to recreate this is just to be hyper aware when your walking around, doing a skit that involves movement, etc.

• Notes

IPCs have hands. That's what makes them better more robust than cyborgs. In your "Good Night" artwork, one out of your million IPCs had a claw for a hand(of course, if the cyborgs have stubs at the top of their arms then this is null)

IPCs would not mourn the loss over each other as unless the body is missing, they can always repair them.

IPCs are manmade. The feelings they feel are simulated, and their actions nor their decisions will be effected by a "sad" feeling or a "happy" reason.

Love the art, hope to see it more in the future!

• Thanks 1

Heya Fursamie! Thanks for the criticism, I'm gonna try and semi-show my thought process reading through this.
I'm definitely going to keep all of your tips in mind, for sure.

2 hours ago, Fursamie said:

Now, I understand near all of your characters are IPCs, but according to the sprites, they aren't that far away from a human in terms of body types(unlike vox or dionae), so it's good to have the image of a model posing in/similar to the way that you want your character posing.

I've actually thought about this before, and definitely have to start trying to do it more often

This'll be easy, but I had to put this in because of your "Good night" artwork. Your wife's arms are supposed to hold onto you but it looks like either she's wrapping her arm around your arm like an anaconda choking their pray or she has really loose hands. Like said above, to make your art look natural, it's best to refrence a model so your character doesn't end up twisting his arm to give a thumbs up. 

Yeaah... I'm not pleased with how the arms turned out in Good Night but I kinda just wanted to be  done with it.  I designed the pose LILY is in based on a way my girlfriend at the time would sleep sometimes, hugging my arm. Now that you pointed the arms out, I can't stop seeing the anaconda thing.

An example of this would be how people draw dead people's fingers. Flat on the floor(or whatever surface), but you'll realize if you leave your hands like that on a table(flat), your fingers will start to curl up. IPCs probably have an endo-skeleton, so this counts for them as well. Best way to recreate this is just to be hyper aware when your walking around, doing a skit that involves movement, etc.

This one actually will be very helpful for my next piece, and again, I've thought about it before but it's something I gotta work on for sure

one out of your million IPCs had a claw for a hand

This is by design, actually. The character, B.E.E.R, has one hand styled like a claw or cupholder, since that arm was more designed with function over form, for holding bottles, glasses, shakers, etc.

IPCs would not mourn the loss over each other as unless the body is missing, they can always repair them.

In that one,  it's partly yes, the body was was missing as far as B.E.E.R knew, but also he had failed to follow the orders given by the vampire that enthralled him.

Thank you for the criticism! I will keep it all in mind like I said in the beginning.

Edited by Chronarch
Actually finished typing it

On 8/8/2018 at 10:25 PM, Chronarch said:

I Failed You

224877955_WorstGiftEver.png.fa8bfe6a5edd43e5ddc2ba19fe6bcc65.png

Context

Hide contents

This was the gift given to B.E.E.R and L.I.L.Y, after their wedding.

BEER was ordered to space himself with LILY after the shuttle docked to the cyberiad

And he was too drunk to comply

So was she

Yakikira took LILY into a pod instead, and BEER ended up getting disposaled by some tider

She was beaten to death in the pod.

He was left, broken and crying

Yelling into an intercom "I failed you!"

w.JPG.01ec3549cc435010aed445ac7776e48f.JPG

d.JPG.72363a0bde0ea870104c71ce37c097a0.JPG

@LicaPebble@GravityPeelz

So she's dead in cannon?

14 hours ago, Benjaminfallout said:

So she's dead in cannon?

Thankfully no, since the player doesn't have perma death for her characters. ICly, it's explained by her having personality backups.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use