McRamon art attempts

McRamon

Hello there, i finally decided to show my ss13 related artwork, so here it is. Hope someone will like it!

wisAV7J.png

Tzar sends his regards!

Edited by McRamon
  • Like 4
  • fastparrot 1

35 minutes ago, Streaky Haddock said:

Very nice shading and detail on the clothing. What's the story behind the neck scar?

Thanks!  Speaking of scar, you cant tell for sure since  this guy's records  and even his name were discovered to be fake at the end) probably some implant or previous operation wound? Who knows

8 minutes ago, PhantasmicDream said:

Not too bad, I hope to see you post some more!

I hope to draw more, definitely will post it)

so 357.. c4... One wonders what else he's rockin! Encryption key for headset? Crypto? Certainly some more ammo? Unless they are a sci guy who can print out 357 every so often? :) Enjoying the piece all together.

So here goes another art, inspired by my favorite blood-gaining method. I dont feel like shading it, it reminds me of some "what to do in case of fire" posters or something like that =)

doc_vamp2.png

• Like 2
  • honk 1

Since i am working 2/2 for 12 hours/day i wont be available to draw anything for next 2 days, i want to share something, bt since i dont have anything finished, ill just post my nukeops quick sketch i made in artstyle i havent yet using before, i dunno how it will look after i finish it =) 

jZfb7qN.png

P.S.: i realised i should lower the size of a picture before posting it =) 

Edited by McRamon
  • Like 2

I've decided that i can try to use this thread as a tool to improve my drawing skills and get some advices. I worked about an hour and a half on the image of a nukie, added some basic shading and adjusted form a bit, here it is: 

Spoiler

YHLVQ28.png?1

If any of you are willing to, especially people who are experienced in digital art (i know we have some here =D ), please leave any criticism or general advices, i would really appretiate it!

i already realised i still have problems with forms and perspective so i made a quick plan drawing of how i am going to change it.

Spoiler

MwkWzVm.png

If any of you have a better ideas, i would like to hear it with a great pleasure!

Anyway, may robustness be with you!

Edit: also i dont really know how hardsuit looks, sprites 16x16 pixels dont help much =) maybe there are some references somewhere i can use? 

Edited by McRamon
  • Like 1

You've got a nice grasp of rendering techniques so I guess basic anatomy and proportions would be a good starting point. You've got metal and armor shading down pat. 

I feel that no matter what stage of art skill you're at, anatomy and perspective will be a bitch at times.

One thing I noticed is that his feet look a bit small for his size.

If you're ever interested, you could always PM me and I can show/tell some tricks to help with body forms .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Malphystoh said:

Ah feet. Always causing troubles. Especially in my art lol.  Hand and foot studies plus perspective practice pays off a lot. 

2 hours ago, PhantasmicDream said:

I feel that no matter what stage of art skill you're at, anatomy and perspective will be a bitch at times.

One thing I noticed is that his feet look a bit small for his size.

If you're ever interested, you could always PM me and I can show/tell some tricks to help with body forms .

Feet and hands (and eyes, god damn those fuckers) are my bane. If i can cheat with hands using photos of my own hands in certain poses, others are causing a bit of a trouble =/

I once heard a theory that if you spend 10k hours doing something (approximately) you become a master in it, an therefore i believe once i spend enough time drawing feet i finally will be able to do it properly =)

• explodyparrot 1

It's always good to look at references, and I say that to a lot of people wanting to get better at art 

Just looking up poses, I even just staring at you hands doing weird motions with them to get the idea of what you want (I do that a lot, I'm sure my boyfriend judges me)

If it help, even just acting out the pose and/or motion. Get a feel for it, sure someone might think it's weird but who cares are artist are weird. And I will say that I've done that at times, I've even gotten my friends/boyfriend to do the pose for me and then did a quick sketch of that.

There's also a lot of hands/feet drawing tips out there, cause everyone at some point has had a hard time drawing them, I still cuss out when I feel like I'm having a hard time drawing them.

• Thanks 2

Alright, i keep working on my nukeop art, and here goes the next stage, where i have finished with shape and on top of basic shading i added some details so it would look more like an high-tech suit instead of cheap cosplay with round metal plates on glue. Also there are magboots on his feet now and he is holding L6, yay!

Spoiler

0jxpCF2.png

Next step i think would be cleaning and shading everything until it is finished... also i am thinking on making different vesions of guns for fun, especially i would like to draw a flamer with fire coming out of it to experiment with armor being illuminated by flames (i dont even know how to draw flames...)

Hope to get any criticism!

Edited by McRamon
  • Like 1

Well, i think i am done, this is my first finished picture i drew without using line sketch.

i hope you like it!

HTBcRuN.png

• Like 3
  • fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

4 hours ago, gangelwaefre said:

looks amazing!! the finished product is really well done!

Thanks! But maybe you've noticed any mistakes i havent or something i should work on?

• stunbaton 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaand, i made a new art i am very proud of, but i know it is far from perfection, so i would like to get more criticism!

Even so does not relate to ss13, it is still about space, more specifically about space marines.

For possible warhammer 40k fans out here, meet and welcome Dark Angles veteran marine 

Spoiler

KPOJNvA.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hey, havnt seen you for a long time guys!

Today i got an idea to draw some ss13 art, but... well i didnt want to draw anything boring like a normal station crew or something, and that led me to a concept of mech.

While i was thinking about new mech, i remembered Space Ninja and it's Spider Clan that was probably removed from paradise, and i decided to give it a try to draw Spider Clan mech, which has giant blade in one hand, another hand is normal one, and of course some invisibility stuff. And person can probably never enter this mech like normal ones, only MMI or some simillar Spider Clan device can fit in.

spider_clan_return.png

Edited by McRamon
  • Like 9

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I heard you guys really like clowns...

And even more than that, you just worship changelings! 

Well, i have something that you, with your filthy taste, might find incredibly satisfying!

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our guest from deep dark maintenance - THE STALKING CHANGLING CLOWN!

clown_ling.png

• Like 7
  • honk 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use