Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

6 hours ago, rb303 said:

Surgeons in general

I mean it's just a title change. I do see why someone claiming the OR can be frustrating or the evil people who walk about with the surgical tools. That and how having the title of surgeon can influence that. "YOU ARE A MEDICAL DOCTOR! GET OUT OF MY OR!" Overall I'd agree even if I'm playing a lot surgeon. (Just share the OR and help your department.)

Going to robotics for an implant, but ending up in medbay with half your blood gone, an open cavity, the doctors don't know how to help you and you don't even get the implant in the end...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Benjaminfallout said:

I mean it's just a title change. I do see why someone claiming the OR can be frustrating or the evil people who walk about with the surgical tools. That and how having the title of surgeon can influence that. "YOU ARE A MEDICAL DOCTOR! GET OUT OF MY OR!" Overall I'd agree even if I'm playing a lot surgeon. (Just share the OR and help your department.)

exactly, it's just a title change- yet most surgeons act like they're superior to medical doctors and nurses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thamuel said:

Going to robotics for an implant, but ending up in medbay with half your blood gone, an open cavity, the doctors don't know how to help you and you don't even get the implant in the end...

Don't forget the unspecified surgical tools accidentally left somewhere in your chest/head cavity.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pennwick said:

Don't forget the unspecified surgical tools accidentally left somewhere in your chest/head cavity.

I have been wanting to put slips of paper into people when I put them under. Have things like "Jessica was here" written on them.

• stunbaton 1
  • clown 2

Synthetics who don't bother to take the two minutes to come up with a good backronym for their acronymic name. Be prepared to be questioned on this! And don't use a massive word for your name if you're not willing to explain it. Like once an AI named A.L.L.I.T.E.R.A.T.I.O.N. got mad at me for pointing out that its name wasn't an alliteration. Like wouldn't it make more sense for its name to be A.A.A. for Artificial Alliteration Automaton or something?

If you don't want to be bothered with this process, nobody is forcing you to make your name an acronym! Just name your synthetic the word itself instead of capitalizing it and putting periods in between for no reason.

Edited by Tayswift
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tayswift said:

Be prepared to be questioned on this! And don't use a massive word for your name if you're not willing to explain it.

*coughs* M.A.N.T.I.S. *coughs* 

1 hour ago, Tayswift said:

Just name your synthetic the word itself, instead of capitalizing it and putting periods in between for no reason.

((Yeah I was thinking about that, I picked up wrong name :^), at least now I have motivation to finally make something with it ))

• Like 2

• Lack of communication and coordination between security officers. 
  • People who get mad for overstepping their bounds and getting punished for it - sec included.
  • Lack of communication between players. One accidental hit or awkward scenario becomes round-long (or even longer) drama.
  • Fastmos. 1 psi pressure doesn't do that, not with our small spaces!
  • Gateway explorers that don't hand in contraband. I really think this should become an official job.
  • We need more jobs in general, because civilian/assistants/traders/businessmen swarm the station and the HoP doesn't manage 'em. They just become a big mass of uncontrollables fighting each other for the last screwdriver that's available.
  • Like 3

- Paperwork

- Fastmos. Even 1 bar to vacuum doesnt sen you flying.

- Sec officers arresting for menial things despite real threats being out there (You vandalized that one window while there are ops inbound)

- NT Reps that think they can fire anyone they don't like.

- Powertripping NT Reps.

- Blueshields not getting more weapons because "Revolver is enough". Then get emped or disarmed and lack a backup weapon.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, EldritchSigma said:

Sec officers arresting for menial things despite real threats being out there (You vandalized that one window while there are ops inbound)

BUT...DAT WINDOW THO...

Its...its expensive to replace...

WTF is this corporate lawset?

I agree with this to a degree, and on the counter side I hate when anyone on the station just fucks around and is disruptive regardless of the dangers on the station.

The "Who cares that we all might die...it happens all the time" meta attitude.

There was a wiz round one time where I was warden and had a greytide who eventually escalated to self antagging brigged the whole round. He was being disruptive to sec and was like "There is a wizard on station, why are you even bothering with me?" to which I countered "Why are you actively disrupting us if there is a wizard on station? Just because there is an emergency doesn't give you a free pass to break laws."

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 4

I don't see why bigger threat present on station immediately "turn off" lesser crimes from Space Law and I hate Warden/HoS who will let thef, or vandal go, becouse NukeOps declared war, or Wizard is around. If threat is not present in brig at the moment, why Sec should let criminals go? Especially Sec Borgs that almost always lack any means to fight: "Why are you arresting me, when there is a wizard on the station?". What I should do? Shoot disabler untill battery runs dry and get EMP'ed?  

• Like 2

If someone is calling on the radio that there's a WIZNERD IN DORMS and you're dragging some guy who was hacking the eva doors to brig, cut them loose and get to the dorms if you're equipped to handle the threat. If we know there's a wizard but he's vanished and nobody has a clue where they are, it's security's job to arrest the other criminals and you absolutely cannot fault them for doing their job just because you feel you should get a free pass into a restricted area while there's an ostensibly larger fish to fry.

Do your job, sort your priorities. Security can't do shit if the threat is nebulous and not actively harming the crew, they're not clairvoyant.

You're just as much of a shithead and worthy of brig for breaking into places during a severe threat to the crew as security is busting you for it with a big threat around. Now, if there's an active wizard and the crew is calling for help, and some sec dude ignores it to bring in the clown for slipping him, that's shitty security work.

Edited by Sonador
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Sonador said:

Now, if there's an active wizard and the crew is calling for help, and some sec dude ignores it to bring in the clown for slipping him, that's shitty security work.

If sec brings in the clown (or anyone) for slipping them then they are shitty sec. Regardless of threats or otherwise.

Only time an arrest would be justified for slipping is if it was directly interfering with security dealing with a threat.

On that note, if a clown slipped me while I was hunting a wizard I'd probably tase and cuff them to a chair or pipe n leave them there saying "If you are gonna waste my time I'm gonna waste yours"

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

No help intent drives my blood pressure up. Especially when it's in tight quarters like the cargo bay or the cloning room. Double that if it's in tight quarters and I'm trying to haul in my mining box or trying to rig up an IV. I also second the medical pet peeves. W ether it's people calling dibs on OR's, people dragging patients away from each other, CMO's that don't have a clue on the basics and virus crates (why? Dear god why the virologist doesn't need that crate unless they're up to no good) I've turned off most of the roles there. 

A couple more to add to the salt pile:

-science not giving upgrades to miners but salting about not having enough minerals. I hear ya research I'm hunting down more diamonds but it would really help if you could give me a dang mining bag of holding at least.

- Captains raging at me when I'm playing QM about not shipping the station parts off, even though I literally did in the first 20 minutes of the shift and we both know those crates are going to sit abandoned in engineering all shift.

-Department heads ignoring me in :c when I'm trying to get approval for transfers. Do you want more paperwork? Because this is how you get paperwork. Double this when I'm trying to get ahead of the demand for gateway explorers and ask the Cap early how many they want to allow and they just ignore me. And then I have a lineup of people hollering that they want Gateway.

-People hacking into the Gateway if they don't get their way in the HoP line. People fucking off to the Gateway without even letting us know what's on the other side.

-People not playing the roles they signed up for. Didn't get antag so you suicide in the first minute of the shift. Cool. You joined mid shift and selected your job but you want to transfer immediately? No you can't transfer into cargo  you chose to be a doctor dammit. I don't need more techs I need docs that's why we have job slots argh!

• Like 1

Some new ones since I've been playing a lot of Supply.

As Quartermaster:
-Having 3+ Cargo Techs. I know it's a good entry job for new players, but it gets messy and even boring when there's too many people in the department with nothing to do. In addition, if one of them is REALLY new, that's a good 20+ minutes of supply being slowed down to a crawl so I can teach them.
Maybe I should start finding fun roleplay things to have an overflow of Techies do.

-Techs that obsessively ask for paperwork for everything. I'm guilty of it too as a new Cargo Tech, but please stop asking the brig physician for paperwork on their console screens for a body scanner, or a welder an injured IPC is asking for.

-Techs that call and send out the shuttle when i'm there without talking to me first. There's usually a good reason the shuttle is where it is. Don't call the shuttle without any orders, and don't return the shuttle if it wont give us the points to buy what we need! Until tech disks come, the shuttle should always be in a flux of having and not having any points.

-Crew that don't check their mail before asking where their crate is. This is annoyingly common, and there's been too many times someone like the brig physician has come down asking "Where's my crate?" for me to tell them I mailed it 5 minutes ago. "Oh." is always the response. Check your mail.

-Crew that think they have to break in to cargo to use the autolathe, rather than just ask. Unless you know the person at the front is being a stickler, ask first.
If it's odd or possibly illegal, well.... I accept bribes.

-Miners who don't respond on comms (and dont take a GPS to boot). Let me know you're ALIVE so I don't have to pester the HoP for a replacement. Miners are important to the station, don't go silent.

-Me being an antag and having to leave the Cargo Techs to fend for themselves. I want to be an antag, but it always feels bad abandoning my post for most of the round. I'm a monster!

As Miner:
-Slow Scientists

-Finding a bunch of Hivelords on my first mining run, while i'm full health. Such a waste.

-Miners who spend the first 15 minutes hunting and killing xenos instead of mining. Save some for the rest of us! Also do your job!

-Surprise Gibonite. Oh hey, there was more gibonite ore behind that first one- there goes my arm.

-The fact that Gibonite can destroy your ore crate, leaving nothing behind. Goliath + Narrow Corridor + Tentacle activated Gibonite = Bye Bye 8000 points of ore.

• Like 1

The mining location being a boring hunk of stone that contains literal trash for loot (most of the time. Okay the ultra rare demon heart never actualy happens if you are antag and they dont hire from manifest ever despite you being able to demon crawl is a huge advantage for sec) instead of a lava filled hellscape is another big pet peeve I hate when RNG screws me over and I roll miner. If it only was some lava filled hellscape with worthwhile challenges, ruins, rewards and loot I would love mining.

Edited by EldritchSigma
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Basically anyone running around not on help intent. I got so sick of it yesterday as HoP running errands for my dept I just started batonning people. Yes, I'm hauling a bee crate, no if you fucking try and open it I'm going to beat you.

Anyone who works medchem and blows the dispenser. In nearly 5 years of playing this game, I've never done. Why is it so common? If you don't know how to chem. Ask. There is a literal wiki that tells you everything you need to know. If you want to make bombs, Science has their own deluxe chem lab to be an antag workshop.

Metacliques. For a while it seemed they were dying out and people were starting to play as a community. Then just the other day I have the vulp mafia trying to break into my office because I wouldn't give McFluffy access to engineering when it was pretty damn clear she wasn't going to help the CE fix the breaches and power net.

Basically any engineer and CE who doesn't at least attempt the station goal or make repairs. Yes, your autism fort looks pretty with the floor tiles. Don't mind the screams over the radio, that's just everyone else yelling that the main hallway has been breached and unbreathable for the last hour while you stole all the metal.

Gateway missions. Specifically Wild West but in general. Loot pinatas designed around exploits in the code, it'd be one thing if these were VR missions and thus players could make multiple attempts without getting game breaking gear, but it's another when 30 minutes into the round some greyshit can have an L6 and more C20s than they know what to do with.

Medical personnel who don't do Body Scan printouts. These things can be a life saver, as well some level of proof that malpractice bay isn't in full effect when they can show mr corpse didn't have those injuries before walking out of medical. More IAAs need to look into how many people medical is actually saving and how many bodies are piling up.

When you try to play Warden and been goodsec, but all your sec officers are just buckle cuffing crew to chairs without even saying a word or putting a blip in their crew records, then freaking out 20 minutes later after you release them because so and so was totally an antag or assaulted someone.

HoS's who assume anything they have access to is theirs by right, from the Warden's gloves, the medkits in storage, gloves in engineering and all the ammo cargo's lathe can print. Somewhat less so but equally infuriating when Blueshit walks into medical and empties all the synthflesh from the fridge to use on light bulb burns.

Sec mains who try to use SoP and Space law to get you brigged, demoted or executed for not doing what they want, but suddenly become blind and deaf when they are the ones breaking SoP/Space Law. Bonus points for McRedshit last week who was using an emag he confiscated to access RnD.

• Like 2
  • Salt 1

5 hours ago, davidchan said:

Gateway missions. Specifically Wild West but in general. Loot pinatas designed around exploits in the code, it'd be one thing if these were VR missions and thus players could make multiple attempts without getting game breaking gear, but it's another when 30 minutes into the round some greyshit can have an L6 and more C20s than they know what to do with

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 3

People who are unable to recognize the proper time and place for things.

Believe me, I have ran through the halls naked on meth firing laser tag guns, but I've never done it with nukies inbound or terror spiders on station. When things are dull and boring, people should be a little crazy to spice them up.  But when things have already gone to shit, the last thing one should do is making the overall situation worse. 

There are times when even The Gray and The Red must unite against a bigger threat. 

Edited by EvadableMoxie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use