Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

Once I was walking down a hallway and in the other direction came a sec officer. He was not on help intent, so we started bumping. I decided to keep bumping since he was the one without help intent, he could change to help or go around me. The fucker stunbattoned me to keep walking a straight line. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fox McCloud said:

This stems from Goon and is still a thing on TG; it's really just a Bay thing to break the two off, completely.

Funny coincidence, Baystation just updated yesterday or so to give the bartender and cook access to each other's areas since there's usually only one.

Whenever I order more than one crates from cargo (for example 2 bee starter kit) but only get delivered one, because they think I 'accidentally' ordered more than one.

Also, whenever cargo opens up crates, which has things in them that can't be stuffed back into the crate, so it has to be dragged separately.

2 hours ago, Streaky Haddock said:

like the FUCKING APIARY?

"Hey CE, could you please /unlock/ this crate of Thermo-Electric Generator? Just unlock it, don't ope- Oh... Nevermind... Thanks anyway."

• Like 2

TEG is ok, you can grag the midle and hold each side in a hand.

Cargo opening the sat crate is much worse.

One problem about box that shouldn't be opened and locked boxes, is that cargo is suposed to check if the boxes actually contain the things that the manifest says they do. I get really pissed when cargo delivers me a incomplete crate, but if they couldn't open it for any reason, theres no much they could have done. I can only hope thay they'll understand what happened, be able to get a refund, and order a new one. 

• Like 1

When people kill sentient animals. That's a player you just ending the round for. Three slabs of corgi meat is not worth it.

That and when it's two minutes into the round and greytide Jim is walking around with harm intent pushing and stoping people rather then passing.

Edited by Benjaminfallout
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

When your in a hurry those uncut grilles that block space pods and force you to go the long way around the solar array. 

• Like 1

I get a little nervous when I see pet peeves of other people that I dont mind, such as HoP paperwork, which I like because it feels more immersive (not that I've ever been HOP) but here's a few peeves. 

-One trick pony clowns that only do one thing for the whole round. Bonus points if they suicide instead of cryo 

-Clowns that don't say anything and only slip people

-Being in medical and having the consoles spawn too high for me to close, or have the consoles when I click not open at all. 

-Being in medical and having people take away patients from me. 

-People who ignore you when you try to roleplay with them.

-People who don't explain their abbreviations when you asked them to explain. (as a new player this sucks especially when I roleplay a character that is new to the station and try to ask IC)

I think thats it so far. 

-

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, syrusmarufuji said:

-Being in medical and having people take away patients from me. 

I can feel the pain. Especially when non-medical crew does it.

21 minutes ago, syrusmarufuji said:

-People who ignore you when you try to roleplay with them.

Aaand that happens a lot, some people just don't like it sadly. 

Security

• Detectives not wearing their Forensic Gloves.
  • Detectives scanning floors.
  • The Head of Security being completely silent on the Security channel.
    • Lack of communication in general on the Security channel.
  • Detectives with SecHUD glasses.
  • Detectives with a taser and their .38 revolver.
  • Detectives who refuse a partner because "I only work alone."
  • Witnesses refusing to give information on a crime.
  • People who try and suicide in processing.
  • People who ignore police/engineering tape break it.
  • Security Officers/Detectives/Head of Security/Wardens getting X-Ray when there's no need for it.
  • People committing a crime then going SSD for the rest of the shift after they're caught.
  • Brig Physicians not doing their job.
  • Security Officers that don't lock their lockers.
  • "Loud" Antagonists.
  • Security ignoring the Detective.
  • Security Pod Pilots that go SSD in their office after a while.

Service

• Wet floors with no wet floor signs.
  • Bartenders that require payment for drinks.
  • Bartenders that refuse to give up the last flask because it's for them even though they have an entire bar behind them.
  • Botanists that don't supply the Chef with any ingredients and instead make weed/bluespace bananas/death nettle.
  • Chefs that use corpses for ingredients.

Medical

• Coroners that go SSD/cryo in the beginning of the shift or are just too lazy to do the job.
  • Chief Medical Officers that refuse to do the Coroner's job when there isn't one or hiring a replacement for them.

Engineering

• People who ignore police/engineering tape break it.
  • Mechanics that fuck off into space without first asking if anyone wants a pod.
  • People who think it's a good idea to open/deflate/pop that inflatable barrier.

Science

• Science not upgrading anything.

Supply

• Having more than two Cargo Techs.
  • Being asked to fill out a form for a common item in Cargo.

Command

• Heads who refuse death alarms.
  • Heads who try and avoid the Blueshield when they're not an Antagonist.
  • Head of Personnels asking for paperwork, then refusing to check it because the line is closed.

General

• Jobs with unique items in their locker/workplace cryoing with them in an irretrievable state(I.E. The Detective cryoing with his .38 in his holster).
  • @Streaky Haddock's puns.
  • People calling airlocks doors.
  • People going SSD round start because they didn't get the role they wanted instead of cryoing.
  • Greytide.
  • PEOPLE WEARING SUITS AND SNEAKERS!
  • Diona Nymphs attacking people.
  • Borers in general.
  • People who don't use proper punctuation..
  • AIs that ignore decent requests.
  • People who break into the Gateway because they can't be bothered to ask the HoP.
  • People who steal tool belts from Engineering when Botany can make them.
  • People who don't know how to do their job and refuse to accept any help on learning how.
  • People who think walking out of a depressurized room will work the tenth time they've done it.
    • Being put into crit by said people when trying to throw them out of said room.
    • Being spaced by said people.

I'm sure I'll think of more later on.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 25charactersorless said:

PEOPLE WEARING SUITS AND SNEAKERS!

Guilty as charged, up until recently when Kennard pointed it out ICly.

BEER and DICE used do that. It has been rectified

4 hours ago, 25charactersorless said:

Security

• Security Officers/Detectives/Head of Security/Wardens getting X-Ray when there's no need for it.

If there was something like an "Controllable/Filterable X-Ray-Vision" Gene IRL and its easily add able to anyones genome you can be sure as hell that police and military forces across the world would use it all the time. Heck I would love such an ability even when "just" working in a lab because it would be so handy to have.

The SSD on roundstart is common but oh well... if you set all fucking combat intensive roles or roles where you expect to get into action to medium if not high priority and wind up with genetics despite having it set to never and your prefs stating you want to be a Civi if no prefs are aviable (read in as Pseudo RnG fucked you over again) people are of course "cheating" on the system by going ssd, being brought to cryo late, so they dont give up their respawn rights. Do note I do not encourage that stuff. Atleast pretend you do the job and cryo after 30 minutes for reasons like "Yeah dont assign a combat oriented person to fucking medical" or some shit. People who SSD because "NOT ANTAG IN TWO ROUNDS" however despite getting their high priority role... those are fucking horrible. Hacking into a Gateway: Fuck queues and fuck paperwork. Takes the HoP a good 10 minutes to deny the clown all access before activating those fucking flashers, or show him that he wont get all access by gently tapping him with the E-Gun. After thats done guess what: You can file out a form on while you should get gateway explorer while the people hacking into it get a headstart and have clear all the fun stuff (T-Spiders and Syndi Base).

On a more unrelated note:

The department suffering the most from people who want to be Civi and not doing anything is Botany. Heck I sign up as botanist too if no Civi roles are aviable... then go to the HoP, provided I have my QoL stuff assorted, and ask to be swapped to Civi. And know whats worse? FUCKING HOPS WANTING YOU TO DO PAPERWORK TO BECOME CIVI! GOOD LORD, I BURN THAT FUCKING PIECE OF PAPER INFRONT OF YOU AND JUST NOT DO MY JOB. Those HoPs are the fucking worst. Paperwork in general is horrific if you have to work with that crap on a regular basis IRL. Fuck I know that you have to wear safety goggles in a lab, no fucking need to tell me that every half year and make me fill out bullshit that "assures" my colleagues and me know that. God I HATE paperwork. I cryo over fucking paperwork bullshit. Paperwork bullshit antags that fake paperwork in the most unbelieveable way and still require me to FAX central with PAPERWORK give me fucking conniptions. Fight already like a man. With guns. With Fists. With Energy blades. But not with fucking paper you sadomasochistic prick.

Edited by EldritchSigma
  • clown 1

Security

• Security skirting the law or even straight up break the law without consequence.
  • Security jumping the bar, thinking they own the place (I will still shoot you as bartender, unless you are actually here to investigate)
  • HoS players not taking the role seriously, breaking SoP and sometimes even Space Law without reprimand
  • Detectives who don't do their job
  • Detectives who don't do their job, while laying in a dog bed in the hallway hissing and meowing like a cat at passers by.....
  • Over Sentencing
  • Security using non-standard equipment without any clear reason other than "I want a baseball bat"
  • Security with Hulk without good reason
  • Security putting loaded weapons into Evidence/not disarming potential weapons
  • Wardens who claim they know Space Law but brig with bizarre charges and times ("Sabotaging the brig" =/= picking up metal rods and glass sheets)
  • Security who fire weapons down a crowded hallway (This should honestly be "Reckless Endangerment" and be subject to demotion)
  • Security who just want to ruin the antags day as fast as possible resulting in 90 minutes of extended

Security should be scrutinised a lot more not just ICly, this goes double for the HoS/Warden. There's a reason a lot of old sec players stopped playing and its not just the antags

• Like 1
  • stunbaton 1

4 hours ago, Aletmagne said:

Security jumping the bar, thinking they own the place (I will still shoot you as bartender, unless you are actually here to investigate)

I agree wholly. As bartender, I will not hesitate to shoot anyone who climbs over the counter without my permission.

4 hours ago, Aletmagne said:

Detectives who don't do their job, while laying in a dog bed in the hallway hissing and meowing like a cat at passers by.....

I feel like there's a story here...

On the other side of things, trigger happy bartenders who are itching for an excuse to shoot someone, even if shooting them would be punitive rather than preventative. That and screaming on comms for the rest of the shift about trespassing when a doctor hopped the empty bar to grab some wine for SR.

• Thanks 1

People who go about thier normal business when there is a dangerous threat on the station because "thats what always happens" or "its normal" then cry endlessly when they become collateral damage for getting in the way because whatever they were doing was interrupted.

Also both sec and antags (hell even other players) who play as hard as possible constantly and then cry that rounds are boring while failing to realize that thier inability take it easy for the sake of the round led to the it being boring.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 4

On 2018. 03. 05. at 9:54 AM, 25charactersorless said:

People calling airlocks doors.

Jokes on you, by code airlocks are subtypes of doors.

• Like 1

• People who know literally every antag power/item/etc and use that knowledge to basically ruin a round as quickly as possible.
  • The same people who then whine that the round is boring and the crew is greytiding because they are so bored since antags got destroyed asap.
  • People who abuse antag item knowledge but then pretend like they don't know those same traitor items can be found in maint, on the asteroid, in the gateway etc.
  • How much of the crew consists of vigilantes who screech about anything and everything.
  • Crew who blindly trust command/sec/the ai/borgs because " x cant be an antag, lol"
  • Officers who assume the first one to scream over comms/report something is the victim.
  • Officers taking one persons word as evidence even when conflicting actual evidence is apparent.
  • Officers who forget that tresspassing doesn't apply if the person was let in or given access.

(example: Bob is let into science by Science Nerd George who has access. Science Nerd Urist doesnt like it and calls sec and sec arrests Bob despite him doing nothing wrong and George verifying this)

Players who do these sorts of things:
"Bob is a vampire he glared at me! Only vamps can glare!"
"I HEAR LIGHTS SMASHING IN MAINT, SLINGS!" - random doctor.
"Bob murdered me in maintenance with an esword, he had an emag too, he was wearing black, his favorite color is purple and he likes long walks on the beach" - some person right after being cloned

Edited by FoS
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, FoS said:

• People who know literally every antag power/item/etc and use that knowledge to basically ruin a round as quickly as possible.
  • The same people who then whine that the round is boring and the crew is greytiding because they are so bored since antags got destroyed asap.
  • People who abuse antag item knowledge but then pretend like they don't know those same traitor items can be found in maint, on the asteroid, in the gateway etc.
  • Crew who blindly trust command/sec/the ai/borgs because " x cant be an antag, lol"
  • "I HEAR LIGHTS SMASHING IN MAINT, SLINGS!" - random doctor.

1,2, and 3 are often the same person, in the same round.
5 we occasionally play with.

4 is about to get played with.......

• Like 1

What I hate is when you are a Security Officer and you are chasing a criminal, but some dipshit gets in your way, and ruins your chances of getting the crook. It really pisses me off, or when Wardens don't help at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RiskySikh said:

What I hate is when you are a Security Officer and you are chasing a criminal, but some dipshit gets in your way, and ruins your chances of getting the crook.

Take off harm intent.

16 hours ago, RiskySikh said:

It really pisses me off, or when Wardens don't help at all.

It's not really their job to chase after criminals unless under extenuating circumstances where security forces are lacking.

• Like 2

People walking around on non-help intent

Captains letting civilians onto the bridge (bonus points if its the same civilian between different rounds)

Surgeons who get angry when you decide to do surgery despite them not being there when you needed them and/or they're not good at surgery (bonus points if you operate on someone as a non-medical job because you waited forever and they call security on you)

CMOs who aren't able to do the basics to keep medbay running when chemists or surgeons aren't available 

Surgeons claiming operating rooms

Surgeons who don't help with normal healing and such

Surgeons in general

The chef who will go SSD ten minutes into the round with nobody replacing him

Virus crates

Virologists who accidentally release a really annoying virus

Science antags

Bartenders getting pissy when you ask them for something while they're redecorating the bar and don't respond so you climb on the table to get it yourself (wine for S.R don't judge me)

Department heads who have no idea what they're doing anyway and get angry when you try teaching them something because you hurt their ego

Cargo asking for paperwork

Cargo refusing to order me a surgery crate as brigphys

Greytide who commit crimes and beat themselves to death or suicide when they get brigged

Probably a lot more which I'm missing but whatever

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use