Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

11 hours ago, FeiH said:

when I'm observing a round and I see two people hanging out and moving around (despite not using say or emotes) and get a vibe that they're metacommunicating 

What if they are mute and using pda

Saw two people dicking around in atmos, moving about and switching items and generally doing things together without chatting. It looked pretty coordinated. And no, it wasn't sabotage or setting up atmos. 

15 hours ago, DarkPyrolord said:

Officers who wordlessly bring someone in with nothing on their records before hand

Adding onto this, officers who refuse to answer your inquiries about the offending person's crimes over comms, then get mad when you cut them loose to keep processing from being clogged up.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bryanayalalugo said:

People who calls airlocks doors.

To be honest code-wise airlocks are a subtype of doors.

whistles

• stunbaton 1

Mimes that use thier PDA or paper to communicate. Lazy mimes that are on the edge of using emotes to straight up talk instead of actually acting stuff out. Your have no actual responsibilities on the station, if you aren't capable of communicating what you need to through actions then you don't deserve to be understood...and quite frankly don't deserve to be a mime.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Mimes that use thier PDA or paper to communicate. Lazy mimes that are on the edge of using emotes to straight up talk instead of actually acting stuff out. Your have no actual responsibilities on the station, if you aren't capable of communicating what you need to through actions then you don't deserve to be understood...and quite frankly don't deserve to be a mime.

Mimefield gives you a gentle smile that implies that the Head of Security has been kidnapped by a changeling and was taken into old bar maint.

• Like 2
  • honk 8

Also people bitching in ghost chat, on discord, or OOC about rules that are being broken but never actually ahelping or reporting it, almost as if they are just hoping an admin sees it, then getting even angrier when it's not dealt with.

Edited by ZN23X

Captians or HOsies that dont announce the threat via anouncements, it sucks when i leave the gateway i broke into and waltz into maints then Bwoink! there are slings and I must be trying to get thralled... MY IMMURSION! which segways to..

People actually trying to get thralled! Its the only reason the slings win so much and the game mode would be way less predictble if they did what security told em to.

Edited by Capsandi

IPC cliques. I know all races have one but these stick out like a sore thumb.

When the captain shows no leadership and would be better as a civilian and spaced.

When anyone calls my rank instead of my name when talking to me directly.

When Ian constantly spins or nuzzles with no break.

When warden is not in position instead found dicking around the station.

When security beg for lethals on code blue

When security beg for lethals on code red when the situation does not call for it. 

When CentCom ignore faxes on serious situations. Mind you this is not all the time, just 75%. I end up ahelping and breaking character if I really need a solution and breaking IC.

11 minutes ago, Trubus said:

When anyone calls my rank instead of my name when talking to me directly.

Warden, why are you shirtless in the bathroom, flexing in the mirror?

I'm sort of the opposite on this. I kinda prefer people refer to me by rank when I'm working any kind of higher rank position (like Warden or higher)

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1
  • stunbaton 1

Characters who's sole personality trait is being exceedingly toxic to absolutely everyone and everything over comms.

People who kill animals, then smear their blood absolutely everywhere.

People who've unlocked like, fuckin' Plasmamen acting like obnoxious greytiders. How the fuck did they ever earn that much karma?

Greytiding Slime People. Maybe it's just me, but like 90% of the Slimes I see do nothing but wordlessly fuck with shit and spam the *squish emote.

People who come in and disassemble the library shelves while I'm clearly trying to stock them. Is it that hard to pester the botanist for wood?

Chefs who stock the counter with nothing but wish soup and burnt messes.

Chemists who happily hand out things like space lube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudo_Unicorn said:

Chemists who happily hand out things like space lube.

But those chemists are the best! D:

1. Pink Vulpkanin
  2. Pink Tajara
  3. Pink Unathi
  4. Pink anything that isn't IPC
  5. Vulp names with "fluff" or "floof" in it
  6. Certain individuals making a "floof" PDA chat.
  7. Silent HoS players, especially of the floof variety
  8. Wardens who do not tend to their ward.
  9. Captains and NT reps that think they have any usefulness besides staying out from underfoot of more competent people
  10. Any legal staff that aren't of a certain green-haired variety
  11. Chemists.
  12. Janitors
  13. bartenders
  14. BaRP being the only RP- think unlisted days
  15. Mimes
  16. People who fuss about SOP without considering context
  17. Sentences delivered without accounting for context
  18. Did I mention silent HOS players?
  19. outposts
  20. Gateways
  21. Fun
Edited by SomeGuy9283
Grammar, of course
  • Like 2

• People that drag IPC's to the medbay/morgue
  • The gagglefuck that inevitably forms in the cloner/cyrotube area. The cloner area especially can get cramped and it can get aggravating having people shoving you around and getting in the way while they wait for their metabuddy to get cloned.
  • HoP's that ignore their line midway into the shift. Especially aggravating when I play coroner and I"m trying to follow SOP by turning in ID's of dead crew
  • People calling "dibs" on a surgery bay or stealing surgery tools. Miners calling dibs on Ripleys.
  • Heads that can't be bothered to help their departments out, or act like a task is "beneath" them because they're a head of staff
  • Cliques and meta buddies
  • People that just won't do the little things to help make your job run smoother. Cargo that won't get your crate or print you a tool, chemists that won't make mutagen, botanists that won't grow veggies for the chef, researches that won't print you stuff from the protolathe, etc. We've all run into it before a million times.
  • When my damned internet drops connection every few minutes and I spend half the shift in SSD argh!!
  • Doctors that don't know how to use the meds I stock in the fridge and bitch to me that it's not stocked. What's that, you're complaining that I didn't make silver sulf patches? How about using the tons of synthflesh patches instead? Why don't I have charcoal? Because I made pent acid and I know the nanomed still has plenty of charcoal bottles in stock.
  • People that flee like lemmings into maint to get converted during sling/cult rounds
Edited by Shotz
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, FeiH said:

Saw two people dicking around in atmos, moving about and switching items and generally doing things together without chatting. It looked pretty coordinated. And no, it wasn't sabotage or setting up atmos. 

This can also just be a sign of competency. If the guy working with me in atmos knows his stuff, one of us can literally just say "I'll do scrubbers" and "Space loop?" and start to work together without so much as another word.

-Cultist buddies that attempt to summon Nar-Sie in obvious place with only 3 cultists alive.

-Shadowling thrall buddies went outside maint without wearing mask.

-Target to be assassinated suddenly join with security and stick around inside the brig for whole round.

-HoS fed the crate full of laser guns to the blob.

-HoS being still silence over code red or threats confirmed, acting like normal sec but with more access.

-Security with replica katana and actually using it to perform arrest or attack.

-Security baton/taze at speedy manner after the antag attempt to perform or in the middle of typing RP evil introduction. Or vice versa. Muh RP.

-Warden kept guns for themselves and run off to fight without giving the rest to others officers.

-Security kept getting taser stolen by random group of Greytide from mass disarm intent.

-Silly Sec officer go alone fighting Vampire just only to be kill and looted making vampire even more powerful with sec gears and total compromise to Sec Comm.

-Surgeon forgetting to wash hands.

-Viro releasing "beneficial" virus but sneezing includes.

-Silly goons who keep shouting Help over comm three times without details of location, scene or suit sensors. Died and disappeared.

-Silly goons who salt so hard at Sec that begins to lecture over comm about Space Law and SoP after being arrested for their own crime or greytiding.

-Silly goons that kept blocking sec front line only to be blocked from running behind then have sec dealing with close range situation or collateral damages against disasters which would eventually results everyone being injured or kill.

-Bluespace banana peels. Bluespace Tomatoes.

-Plasma constructions.

-Metagaming Vox.

• Like 1

Jokes about purging vulps/vox/anything that isn't a cluwne or valid antag. I get that IC racism is your thing, and most of the time it's a minor annoyance at best, but if you're a security officer dragging the joke on for far too long I'll start to wonder why someone so intolerant of other races was hired by NT, let alone allowed to join the goddamn security force. 

This includes DEUS VULT KILL THE CULT chaplains. On a non-cult round. 

Players who play as hard as they can constantly, are super chesty about it, then complain endlessly when others do the same to them. When they get beat by something they cry is "unfair" despite the fact that they'd claim it to be a viable strategy if they were to do the same thing.

Antags who spare certain players cuz they are familiar with them, murder the hell out of randoms, then the player they spared preaches on comms about how harmless the antag is despite them killing many others.

Especially with vampires who decide who they will thrall/ignore and who they will drain based on meta friendship/knowledge (like oooh...so and so is a good antag, I should thrall them cuz they'll be useful. Oh look, random nobody, drain and dispose of body ending thier round cuz F%&* people who don't play the game constantly or are new).

I suppose also the people who are on the receiving end of these "favors" from antags cuz they know they will get them (and totally don't seek it out...right? ?).

People who constantly bend the rules as much as possible without breaking them.

Y'all know who you are.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Shotz said:
  • People that drag IPC's to the medbay/morgue
  • The gagglefuck that inevitably forms in the cloner/cyrotube area. The cloner area especially can get cramped and it can get aggravating having people shoving you around and getting in the way while they wait for their metabuddy to get cloned.
  • HoP's that ignore their line midway into the shift. Especially aggravating when I play coroner and I"m trying to follow SOP by turning in ID's of dead crew
  • People calling "dibs" on a surgery bay or stealing surgery tools. Miners calling dibs on Ripleys.
  • Heads that can't be bothered to help their departments out, or act like a task is "beneath" them because they're a head of staff
  • Cliques and meta buddies
  • People that just won't do the little things to help make your job run smoother. Cargo that won't get your crate or print you a tool, chemists that won't make mutagen, botanists that won't grow veggies for the chef, researches that won't print you stuff from the protolathe, etc. We've all run into it before a million times.
  • When my damned internet drops connection every few minutes and I spend half the shift in SSD argh!!
  • Doctors that don't know how to use the meds I stock in the fridge and bitch to me that it's not stocked. What's that, you're complaining that I didn't make silver sulf patches? How about using the tons of synthflesh patches instead? Why don't I have charcoal? Because I made pent acid and I know the nanomed still has plenty of charcoal bottles in stock.
  • People that flee like lemmings into maint to get converted during sling/cult rounds

For the ID thing, I print shipping labels from the request console and make it go to HoP office by disposals

• Like 1

Traitors who kill their objectives (me) 2 minutes into the round

Botanists who refuse to grow literally anything for the chef

CMOs who try and micromanage the medbay but can't be bothered stocking the fridge when there's no chemists

HOS whose alter ego is Rambo and will try and single handedly try and take on the cultists by themselves without alerting anyone. The only notification you hear is the death alarm that follows. 

Just....public defenders

KIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKI *vox screech*

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GutTC said:

-Security with replica katana and actually using it to perform arrest or attack.

Erm, for real? Has that actually happened? Yikes.

7 hours ago, FeiH said:

Jokes about purging vulps/vox/anything that isn't a cluwne or valid antag. I get that IC racism is your thing, and most of the time it's a minor annoyance at best, but if you're a security officer dragging the joke on for far too long I'll start to wonder why someone so intolerant of other races was hired by NT, let alone allowed to join the goddamn security force. 

Vox are pox. Dogbeasts spread disease. The most efficient course of action is cauterization by superheated plasma. 

6 hours ago, ZN23X said:

Antags who spare certain players cuz they are familiar with them, murder the hell out of randoms, then the player they spared preaches on comms about how harmless the antag is despite them killing many others.

Especially with vampires who decide who they will thrall/ignore and who they will drain based on meta friendship/knowledge (like oooh...so and so is a good antag, I should thrall them cuz they'll be useful. Oh look, random nobody, drain and dispose of body ending thier round cuz F%&* people who don't play the game constantly or are new).

I suppose also the people who are on the receiving end of these "favors" from antags cuz they know they will get them (and totally don't seek it out...right? ?).

Yeeeup.

5 hours ago, CPTCoffee said:

HOS whose alter ego is Rambo and will try and single handedly try and take on the cultists by themselves without alerting anyone. The only notification you hear is the death alarm that follows. 

A true king among security players ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use