Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

when you are killing the captain for his authentication disk but a antaghunter comes and shoots you once, knocking you down and ruining your antag round. bonus points if you hit them 5 times with an esword. (high salt)

• Salt 3

3 hours ago, FeiH said:

When security officers release a prisoner and clear their record entirely instead of setting them to released or paroled. 

Sounds more like a lack of game knowledge to me.

1 hour ago, EldritchSigma said:

"We cant have a changeling because its vampire and traitors."

Whenever I'm Captain, I refuse to raise the alert level above green just because sec caught and/or killed one traitor/vampire/changeling. I always say, "1 - 1 = 0, therefore no traitors/vampires/changelings.". I don't just assume that there's going to be more because metaknowledge years of experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • explodyparrot 1

AI that call IPCs the only good race and generally act like a tosser to organics. The logical thing to do here is to wipe the AI and download a better one, but that would be shooting them out the round.

So you can sit down and shut up cause this AI is on corporate and can be as biased as feminism

1 hour ago, Capsandi said:

So you can sit down and shut up cause this AI is on corporate and can be as biased as feminism

whoa there, keep politics out of general please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Salt 2

• 3 weeks later...

Things that sometimes bug me

- a particular slime guy that requests gateway access EVERY ROUND

- XenoBio NOT farming yellow slimes ASAP

- RnD RESEARCHING THINGS THAT ARE WAY ABOVE THE CURRENT LEVELS

- robotics not making extra bores when idle

things that always bug me

- "mag boots, experimental welder, and a fanny pack of holding please" - 12:28

• Thanks 1

The current things that are causing my blood pressure to rise, rant initiated:

- The same people looting the gateway every round denying the rest of us the chance to have a go at learning it, looking at you cardboard boxing WW'ers.

- The omnipresence of meme chars that dchat/ooc likes to fawn over, the players themselves aren't even that bad and are usually quite decent well thought out individuals but the cringey ego rubbing bothers me.

- The people who play comdomand roles just to fool around with their not!metabuddies and don't do their damn jobs, looking at you RD's who fail to oversee their manchildren/CMOs and CEs who ignore their departments and fuck off to the bridge all round, NT reps/magistrates are especially bad for this somehow and they don't even have any real responsibilities.

- The current prevalence of round start backup clone scanning by everyone, this would be understandable if it were say the captain doing it or perhaps someone who might expect to find themselves dead in the near future like say an engineering team setting up a SM engine or a miner who is a bit self doubting of their goliath kiting abilities. Not the botanist and his not!metabuddy the roboticist. Give the damn antags a chance you dishonoirbru bastards.

- The nasty habit most QM/HoPs have of making you jump through every possible hoop to slow you down that they possibly can just because they can. Yes asking for a stamp/signature is reasonable if I want a transfer to somewhere "high risk" like virology/sec or want to order a crate of guns, but when it's for some joke position like cadet or intern or I'm after some janitorial supplies it's just redundant and all you are doing by making me get a stamp is wasting everyone's time.

- The cunts who give the rest of us a bad name and play civilian just to grief and get away with borderline shit, even better when it's a veteran doing it who should know better,  who've discovered the joys of the grey for the first time after months of being too scared to leave medbay, bonus points if they're a vox/slime/plasmaperson as they tend to go even further.

- People who roll for clown/chef/unique role, get it, don't get antag and immediately cyro/kill themselves, at least make some shitty food/tell some bad jokes before spacing yourself damnit.

- On a similar note, the people who immediately cyro when it's revealed to be a conversion antag round, the excuses in dchat are usually something along the lines of "well I hate this gamemode" when what I suspect they mean is "I don't wanna leave my aarpee hugbox and have to actually do antag shit", cowards.

- The players who unironically have all antag roles set to no, always play sec, and honestly believe that people who roll for antag are bad people and must be punished.

- Neon vulps and neon everything, in fact make that anything that sceams "i iz uniquee and iz superior" in general, specifically elitist IPCs who straight up refuse to interact with filthy meatbags despite working in medbay or the oh so "clever" fuckers who take some pop culture name and fuck about with the vowels to make it oriqunal, or the worst, the lazy ones who throw together some "cuteeee" N.O.T.A.N.A.C.T.U.A.L.A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. together and can't even be bothered to make up some meaning behind it and then expect to be taken seriously, whilst having robotic cat ears.

- Slimes/plasmapeople with names like squelchy/memedrogen, you are not one of snow white's dwarves.

- The "no, you are wrong" approach people have towards incompetence, the honest to god I have no idea what I'm doing kind of "bringing a fuel tank to a blob/tasing a xenomorph" incompetence, they will not learn if you do not teach them and calling them a fucking idiot and bullying them is not teaching.

- Being arrested and not interrogated/talked to at all, I mean yeah I have an emag in my pocket and was half way through stabbing the HoP's face off when you caught me but come on at least grill me a little for info before dumping me in perma and forgetting I exist, meant to be an RP game right? Where's muh interaction?

- The absolute zero tolerance by command towards gimmicks, I cannot count the number of times I have been straight up told to fuck off when I bring up things like creating a no additional access civilian militia to help sec fight shadowlings/try to setup a feudal hierarchy (more than once for that one)/run a maint mafia doing harmless mafia things, then people complain about rounds being boring.

- Certain AI players who play to win and then some, you know the ones who always "LAHWS UPDAYTED" to let the crew know about that "do not state" chicken law you just gave it? How about the ones who use macros to check camera lists and immediately dispatch sec whenever one goes down? No fun allowed incarnate.

Edited by Doukan
The salt must flow.
  • Like 7

On 10/16/2017 at 9:07 PM, Bobalobdob said:

A particular slime that also knows every gateway mission and every fancy item location.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mayfox said:

On 10/16/2017 at 12:07 PM, Bobalobdob said:

A particular slime that also knows every gateway mission and every fancy item location

A particular slime that breaks into the gateway (along with others) when they find I am HoP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keluandrie said:

Yeah, him and me do gateway every round. I'd rather hack in and redirect disposals to HoP later than do paperwork and try to get a stamp.

As someone who plays RD a lot, it does NOT take long for me to stamp and sign a paper, especially if the outcome is sweet sweet research levels

as long as I get a share, of course

• 2 weeks later...

Security pet peeves:

• Being ignored as HoS, especially when calling out priorities/threats, telling folks to max sensors, go in pairs
  • Being ignored as an officer, especially when calling for backup
  • Poor communication in general
  • Having 4 or fewer total in the department, especially as roundpop never seems to dip below 60
  • No HoS or Warden, threat needing armory shows up
    • Especially when Captain/HoP are either too swamped or too apathetic to appoint acting HoS or Warden
  • Pressure hijinks with fastmos, especially overpressuring brig lobby
  • People making a nuisance of themselves when there's more imminent threats
  • Conversely, not having time to properly RP with folks in processing
  • Getting called to the bar to see what fresh hell awaits
  • Getting shit from the rest of the crew when someone else in sec does something shitty
  • Suspects making false claims about SoP/Space Law
    • When other officers fall for that
    • When other people in Security don't know/make false claims about SoP/Space Law

Engineering Pet Peeves -

1. forget to turn magboots on when dealing with a hull breach, getting sucked into space

2. refuse to give the mechanic a hardsuit even though they can play a good role in getting Illegal research up for nice nightvision goggles and such

3. Atmos turning into a Incinerator after Atmos techs fail hard with plasma

4. letting the newcomer try doing the tesla/singulo engine, only to have both or one of the engines being set loose to destroy half the station

5. Forgetting that RPD's make sparks while in a plasma filled room

General Pet Peeves-

1. Vox who act like arrogant assholes despite being wrong most of the time

2. Vox who get special treatment from Vox command because of space favoritism

3. Any space racism in general. You knew what you signed up for, don’t complain about me just because i’m A vulp.

4. Bright neon colors that don’t make any sense (Especially if you DNA scramble and end up with a terrible pallet)

5. Security who think you did something wrong because another officer said you did. Bonus points for not having any evidence

6.  Roboticists who don’t know anything about repairing IPC’s, and end up killing them in the process.

7. Roboticicsts that don’t understand the server in general, can’t use the targeting menu, and destroy everything they touch.

8. Meme AI’s that think communism is cool (You know who you are)

9. Getting station engineer and having traitor goals that you’ll never be able to accomplish without serious stealth 

10. Getting fastmos’ed into a maint tunnel someone opened because I didn’t know there was a breach

11. Giving people wiki links and guides to the role they want to play, but they still don’t use it

12. Vox clowns that think they’re funny for the worst things

One of the best clowns I ever saw was a Vox, gave people "Prank certificates" to sign after slipping them, clownstamped those and turned them in to the HoP. And cut that shit out immediately when Red was declared.

However, Vox clowns are often pretty shit :v

• Like 2

This doesn't happen often, but it happened yesterday and it was enough. 

Have massive head trauma from getting pummeled with the pointy end of a screwdriver. Doctor drags me to the OR and puts me in the scanner. Alright. So far so good. Then he strips me completely naked and tries to put an anesthetic tank on me. I tell him i dont want the tank and I want to keep my clothes on. He ignores me. I stand up and take the tank off and climb back onto the table. The doc yells "Fine! Die! See if I care!" And storms out of the OR. Still bleeding out of my eye sockets...naked and locked in the operating room. 

23 minutes ago, CPTCoffee said:

This doesn't happen often, but it happened yesterday and it was enough. 

Have massive head trauma from getting pummeled with the pointy end of a screwdriver. Doctor drags me to the OR and puts me in the scanner. Alright. So far so good. Then he strips me completely naked and tries to put an anesthetic tank on me. I tell him i dont want the tank and I want to keep my clothes on. He ignores me. I stand up and take the tank off and climb back onto the table. The doc yells "Fine! Die! See if I care!" And storms out of the OR. Still bleeding out of my eye sockets...naked and locked in the operating room. 

Wait, what? Why were you refusing to cooperate on this? let the surgeon do what they need to do, sounds like he wasn't unreasonable to not deal with you, rude to just abandon you there though.

You don't normally get to make demands of the surgeon while they're trying to perform surgery, especially if it's an ER situation. If they need to cut your clothes off, you don't really get to refuse if you want to be treated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrunkDwarf said:

Wait, what? Why were you refusing to cooperate on this? let the surgeon do what they need to do, sounds like he wasn't unreasonable to not deal with you, rude to just abandon you there though.

You don't normally get to make demands of the surgeon while they're trying to perform surgery, especially if it's an ER situation. If they need to cut your clothes off, you don't really get to refuse if you want to be treated.

There are two problems that I see here. First, the naked part. If it was completely naked, it's just unnecessary to begin with. Coat or satchel, I can dig, otherwise you're invading personal privacy. As for as specifically requesting no gas, that's the patient's right, and sometimes it's mandatory if the patient needs to remain available on comms, such as for HoS or Blueshield.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use