Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

4 hours ago, SomeGuy9283 said:

Erm, for real? Has that actually happened? Yikes.

There's one round, two days ago yes. This one guy played as security decided to wear replica katana on his belt to make it looks cool and legit but after a Mime keep disarming him and stole his baton around the brig he begun to be frustrated and keep attacking Mime with the rep katana over and over trying to arrest the Mime.

• explodyparrot 1

My engineering pet peeves.

• Four engineers, twenty minutes into round, engine not touched.
  • Engineers who fuck off with all the roundstart metal, when actual engis are doing engine setup.
  • Atmos techs who whine for gloves. Double if roundstart.
  • Seeing Sec/HoP/Craptain invade engineering for gloves.
  • Cargo denying engineering gear for being too dangerous, while ordering shotgun crates for sec. On green.
  • CE specific, but blueshits who follow you around all round under the guise of protection, when they're actually banking on a CE antag.

-AI's.  AI's who campaign for law changes and act like a shit if they don't get it (heard the exact thing before but it is worth repeating).  AI's who don't respond to command's requests.  AI's who don't do anything but aren't actually SSD so everyone is pretty much screwed. (I'm against whitelists in general but the only position where I come close to saying we need one is station AI)  AI's with an annoying theme that they spend more time working on than opening doors and responding to requests.

-Darkmatter blobs on fastmos.

-Xenos as they currently are.

-Volume of the newly added instruments. Holy shit.

-Clowns in general

-Civilians who roam maint hoping for one of two things: to be a hero redtide, or to get thralled.  The latter has a special place in lavaland.

-IA's who don't know shit and interfering with security or clogging up their comms.  I will say that a well-played IA player, in the right round, can be valuable, getting the ball rolling on shitcurity officer/warden/HoS demotions, or just taking the case direct to CC and having them order it.  But the stars really need to align for IA to be worth their existence.

-Blueshields not being able to access the bridge through the HoP's office door at round start.

-Blueshields not having security comms.  I get you don't want bluecurity but sometimes threats are kept on security comms before the Captain or HoS bring them to command comms.

-Captains who don't secure the disk

-Captains who leave the pinpointer and spare just sitting in their office

-Captains who teleport while holding the disk

-Adminspawned memes

-Polymorph wands

-Cluwne wands

-Wizards in general

-Ragin' mages

-Clowns in general

-Cults who kill

-Security who kill cultists

-Cult rounds with SSD/fucked off to admin-knows-where chaplains

-the BEST cookie for my prayers (j/k it is hilarious)

-Antag players without hijack who think they have a license to murderbone

-Thralls who think they have a license to murderbone

-Powergaming antags who don't play security ever

-Atmos plasma everywhere when the antag just needs to steal your jetpack

-Engi's/CE's/Engi borgs who don't fix emagged doors immediately when everything else is fine

-Clowns in general

-HoP's who don't man their desk

-HoP's who stock up at security at roundstart

-HoPcurity

-HoP's who give themselves all-access

-Xenobio golems

-Xenobio xenos

-Xenobio slimes

-"Friendly" xenobio mobs who on a dime become terrors

-Xenobio in general

-HoPaperwork

-High level syndicate gear from the gateway, and a civilian's insistance on "finder's keepers" despite it being high contraband

-Engisat not having cameras.

-Command and Sec members who don't max their sensors

-Command who don't want a death alarm implant

-Command who leave their locker unlocked and valuables inside

-Clowns in general

-Annoying voxxy

-Telesci klepto voxxy yaya

-Telescience in general

-Players who lose their shit OOCly for being brigged without committing the crime they are accused of.  It's going to happen, and antags will lie and act the same way ICly.  Deal with it.

-Being brigged without committing the crime I was accused of. ::eyes::

-Chefs who poison their food for LOLs

-Botanists who don't support the chef

-Botanists who only make drugs

-Bananapeels.  Now with acid!

-Voxxy clown thinks self funnies yaya

-Large banana peels

-Tiny bananapeels

-Bananapeels in general

-Janitors who mop/lube/grenade the escape hallway and escape shuttle while boarding

-Loose tesla or singulo cutting short an otherwise fun round of cat and mouse between security and robust antags

-Captains who call the escape shuttle for any little thing.

-Captains who don't call either a shuttle or ERT when things have gone to utter shit.

-Roboticist: "Don't touch that, HoS!  That's my personal phazon!"

-RD: "Don't touch that, HoS! That's my personal phazon!"

-CLOWNS IN GENERAL

• Like 3

As engineer:

• CE who won't get the station goal ordered despite cargo having 300+ points and on green alert.
  • Having a CE that doesn't talk/interact with the other engineers.
  • Security that won't let me in to fix a breach.
  • Security who say i'm trespassing when someone else let me in to fix a breach.
  • Security that won't let me out after fixing a breach.
  • People who steal my hardsuit when i'm in medbay/surgery.
  • Surgeons that forget to give me my hardsuit back.
  • Dead/Inactive miners.
  • Scientists+Roboticists completely drain the ORM of metal and glass all shift.
  • Atmos techs that never fix broken piping.
  • BYOND freezing when i'm trying to fix a breach or setup the engine.
  •  

As Atmospherics:

• Engineers who never go to fix breaches.
  • Having 10 mimes on the station hunting Vichi and breaking into atmos every 5 minutes to search for him.
  • Me being an Atmos Tech instead of an Engineer.
Edited by Pckables
  • Like 1

Antags who recall the shuttle over and over again despite 80+% of the playerbase being dead, there being zero threats left on the station to challenge you, and the station being a wreck. You already won. Allow the round to end do everyone can enjoy a new round.

Antags who stun and kill without saying a word, or worse, initiate a conversation with you and then wait until they see that chat box above your head so they can do it THEN because they know you are busy typing.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ZN23X said:

, or worse, initiate a conversation with you and then wait until they see that chat box above your head so they can do it THEN because they know you are busy typing.

Those people deserve a fate worse than death.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"I can't allow executions under my lawset" when the AI obviously wants a law change and is willing to be an obstructive asshole about it.

1. By preventing an execution of a highly dangerous individual, you're putting the crew in harm through the possibility of him escaping and continuing his rampage.
  2. the moment you try to pull this shit on me I'm going to consider carding you instead of changing your lawset. odds are you're a shit AI anyway if you have to resort to begging and strongarming a law change.

On the other side of the coin: "AI open this door or I'll harm myself!"

1. do it.
  2. I'll laugh when you get dragged off to medbay.
Edited by FeiH
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, FeiH said:

"I can't allow executions under my lawset" when the AI obviously wants a law change and is willing to be an obstructive asshole about it.

Oh, this reminded me about something.

Crewsimov AIs taking even the smallest things as harming the crew.

"AI, door!" "You have a multitool and it's 100% you will use that to harm crew, you stay there."

Validhunting at its best. The worst part is these asshole AIs find me only when I am not an antag.

Heya, thought I'd share some of mine.

• People that jump over the bar at the first sign of me having SSD
  • People that ask for a drink, then walk away.
  • People that steal drinks from others.
  • People that jump over the bar when I'm in the room, but not behind the bar
  • People that steal the piano
  • People that fill the bar with gibs
  • People that throw things at me for no reason
  • People that jump over the bar with no words
  • PEOPLE THAT JUMP OVER THE BAR.

But thats why they provide me with a shotgun

Edited by Chronarch
Dont climb over the damn bar
  • Like 4

Good old Validsimov.

Law 1: You must harm antags and not, through inaction, allow an antag to escape harm.

Law 2: You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except when they're antag.

Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not allow an antag Greentext.

• Like 2
  • angryeyes 1
  • explodyparrot 1

mmm

About anything that you can think of, really.

oh and during times of admin free rounds too... where shit really hits the fan.

like when a Changeling or a Traitor upload  law saying that the engine must be free at all cost.

Being chef and your animals becoming "sentient" as in like player controlled pets. Even worse they gain real sentients and start talking. Pisses me off when the chicken ventcrawls away or the cow tries to run away. Its literally kill on sight. Milk can be gotten from the bar for free at infinite quantities and eggs should be a none issue if you get wheat. People barely go farm animal/chefs animals to fucking annoy the living crap out of him.

When Hydroponics is referred to as 'Botany'.

When Prison is referred to as 'Perma'.

People who eat food at the kitchen, then put their half-eaten food back on the table instead of saving it for later.

People who eat plate food, and drop the plate on THEIR side of the table so i have to crawl over the table, put the plate on the table, crawl back into the kitchen so i can claim the plates for meal making.

As a medical main I shall first post the medical issues:

• Players who pick CMO and have never actually done medical work beyond, at best, basic surgery. Failing to realize they're meant to do the jobs that need doing in medical that others fail to do and instead believe their job is to have a bappy stick and sit in their office/lounge around/occasionally slap a band-aid on Greytide McJackass.
  • CMO's who don't give chemistry their hypo, or even the omnizine in it, and proceed to use up the ominzine and random jackasses thinking it's a miracle cure drug that never runs out.
  • CMO's that DON'T FUCKING TALK OVER MEDICAL COMMS EVER. Or comms in general, for that matter.
  • CMO's that run around stealing patients, you combat them over it they either get all pissy in IC or LOOC stating 'I'm the CMO, I'm more qualified' or some other such. 2 minutes later that patient is in cloning.
  • CMO's that don't even know basic chem/can't be assed to load up a damned wiki.
  • Chemistry that doesn't know how to make Strange Reagent but can make Meth within 5 minutes.
  • People who sign up with the Surgeon job title, know jackshit about surgery and take 20 minutes fixing a simple surgery.
  • People who join medical to try and learn medical, but refuse any help from experienced players and also refuse to read the wiki thoroughly, thus leading to malpractice bay.
  • Genetics handing out hulk like candy.
  • Medical not knowing how to recharge a defib and saying it's broken.
  • Medical taking the OR's tools for themselves, because clearly they're master surgeon and no one else should do anything.
  • Chemistry making SR, but not making Synthflesh.
  • Like 2

As chemist, when medbay is demanding I make SR before ANY other meds. Learn to use a defib yo.

When botany wants me to spend more than half the energy in my machine on several buckets of UM within the first 10 min cuz they are getting unlucky.

When ANYONE asks for a specific drug or chemical for thier own personal use in the first 10 min. You don't need meth and SG before I've had a chance to make all the basic healing meds. Go break into sci chem you p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶g̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶e̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ drug addict.

When the CMO busts into chemistry because I don't play as hard as them and don't have the fridge fully stocked within 5-10 min. I've got one damned job. I'll have the fridge fully stocked in 20-30 min and then have mostly nothing to do the rest of the round unless I decide to play doctor once the fridge is full. Let me do my job.

Also when the medbay accuses me of being slow because I make 20u patches and dipshits drain the fridge for thier own personal use faster than I can stock it. They'd for some reason be happier if I made a few dozen useless 5u patches just so the quantity is high.

Edited by ZN23X

For me it's arrogant players that know little but think you are wrong when you are doing something they don't understand.

But also and not limited to:

• Surgeons or even medics who claim ORs and keep the tools always on them.
  • The CMOs who don't care about it or any other similar problems.
  • Janitors who keep re-cleaning the clean floors of the main hallway just to have fun.
  • Anyone who ask you how to play and don't give a shit about the wiki links you sent by LOOC.
  • When a security officer see that you are standing still and stuns you without a word, on green, because you are needed at the brig to answer some questions or some other reason without any evidence.
  • Players who commit suicide at roundstart for absolutely no RP reason (wait, is that ahelpeable?).
  • People who go to long term storage at 12:15 without a word. Specially chemist, cargo techs, chefs or other important roles where they are really needed.
  • Medbay patients that tell you how to cure them even if you are administrating a more suitable cure. They insists that they know better and get mad.
  • New chemist players making empty pills/patches and refusing to learn when you try to help.
  • Cargo techs who order medical supplies and weapons at roundstart for themselves just in case things get bad, and reordering the crates after the QM cancelled the first ones.
  • People who left food plates with only one bit left. Then it looks like you are eating a lot when you are actually taking just the last bit of each plate and then everybody looks bad at you and the chef now hates you.
  • People reporting cultist like it is a normal thing on the station because saw someone whispering twice.
  • Security staff who forces you to take holy water for any minor crime not related to vampirism when there are confirmed vampires.
  • Players who fell on a wet floor. You help them get up. They walk towards you, making you to fall on the wet floor they were. They walk away, nobody helps you.
  • Stealing the piano from the bar.
  • Stopping the really cool song you just started at the piano just to play moonlight sonata from the wiki.
  • Electric guitars.
  • Bartender who doesn't tend to the bar.
  • Plasmamen who die and need cloning. Just ban them for dying.
  • Someone stealing your arcade tickets.
  • Like 2

Things JRO dosen't like:

• CEs who don't know atmospherics
  • Sec silently tazing her
  • CEs who don't know atmos and try to inspect it
  • People who break into atmos for pipes
  • Sec arresting her for having a RPD
  • Getting put into cryotubes
  • Hitting people when you're trying to hug/heal them
  • Sec arresting her for fixing sec
  • Trying to optimise while someone else is optimising in a different way
  • People using the turbine for power(It's usless and prevents it from being used for usefull things)
  • People messing with atmos when she's not there
    • People messing with atmos
  • Sudden EMPs
  • The AI doorcrushing her with no warning because sec wanted to talk
  • Being forcefully implanted
  • Sec attempting to cremate her because she tried to save someone from a vampire
  • People using the turbine for a murder site
  • Not getting insulated gloves when setting up the TEG
    • Not getting insulated gloves
  • Engineers setting up an autolathe in the engineer only section
  • Not being considered a member on engineering
  • The toolvend being in the engineer only section
  • The standered welder not holding enough fuel for a full heal
    • Not being able to get a better welder
  • Atmos not having cable
  • Sec
  • Pumps not pumping
    • All pipenet issues
  • Being the AI's most wanted for discribing the possible uses of the turbine to AI sat pipline
  • Toxins fires
    • Toxins
  • Xenobio creatures
    • Xenobio
  • Science in general
  • Robotics ignoring her corpse dispite it being on their table
  • People stealing the axe
    • Not being able to flamethrower people who steal the axe
  • Ping preventing her from rescuing her friends
Edited by MarcellusPye

37 minutes ago, MarcellusPye said:

Hitting people when you're trying to hug/heal them

Or accidentally throwing the fire axe at people...  ?

* People who suddenly forget the radio/pda messaging exists and wish to "speak" in person. Double points if it's in a isolated area.

* People who threaten to do stuff/crimes/be a nuisance if you don't give them something.

* People who flip at me when I talk to them or pass by them.

• Like 1

- people who dont give others anything from their department (like belts, really? Its just a leather) unless it is mindshielded person

- people who have huge experience in certain department and therefore have a massive ego

- head without experience in every part of their department

-people who dont read wiki

-and forum guides 

- clown vox

- traitor vox

- traitor clown vox (really?)

- traitor scientist

- traitor vox scientist

- traitor vox rd (REALLY?)

1 hour ago, McRamon said:

- people who dont give others anything from their department (like belts, really? Its just a leather) unless it is mindshielded person

- people who have huge experience in certain department and therefore have a massive ego

- head without experience in every part of their department

-people who dont read wiki

-and forum guides 

- clown vox

- traitor vox

- traitor clown vox (really?)

- traitor scientist

- traitor vox scientist

- traitor vox rd (REALLY?)

What about a traitor vox clown that trasnfers into science to be a traitor vox clown scientist then eventually becomes acting RD?

• angryeyes 1
  • clown 1
  • honk 3
  • explodyparrot 2

I forgot until today- it's probably been mentioned, but

Being the librarian and having engineers silently disassemble your bookshelves for personal projects then repeatedly ignoring you when you protest and try to tell them that they can get wood more easily than vandalising the library by just going to the engineering outpost

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use