Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

Spark's pet peeves, robotics edition

1. Roboticists that take the autolathe board from engineering at the start of the round. We can print one out in like... ten minutes? 

2. Roboticists that build combat mechas the moment they legally can, without any regard for the station's actual threat level. 

3. Research Directors that stumble on into robotics and just start printing out mechas for themselves.

4. Actually, Research Directors that walk into robotics and take over the department entirely. 

5. Research Directors and HoP's that hire additional roboticists. Two is already a crowd sometimes--three is often just overkill. At least ask us, ya? 

6. Roboticists that complain I don't have X thing. I'm getting by just fine without the IMS... make or get one if you want it, I'm not stopping you! 

7. Random civilians that beg for implants. I don't mind giving out a toolset implant or doing some augmentations... but why do you need thermals, surgical toolsets, a secHUD and rebooters?

8. More of a personal thought as opposed to a peeve, since this is server culture more than anything else--someone randomly snapping their fingers and deciding to have their brain shoved into a metal slave cyborg shell.

9. People that run in with broken IPCs and just immediately repairing them. If I'm mega busy, this is more acceptable--but otherwise it's just like someone taking over a medical doctor's job randomly. I got this, yo. 

10. Elf

• Like 2
  • derp 1

General Pet Peeves of mine:

1. People who leave the empty/dirty bowls, plates, etc on the table... the garbage can is right there. 
  2. People who whine about midround antags "performing poorly". (Have you tried not dying?)
  3. Medical Doctors who drag people away to get cloned or put them into cryopods whilst you're healing them. Its especially infuriating when they drag them just to automender them. 
  4. Faux paperwork HoPs, those HoPs that just get you to sign the paper as opposed to going on the signature quest. If you're gonna make me do paperwork at least make me walk around a bit. 
  5. People who just walk up to a department and go, "give me x". Doubly so in the kitchen. 
  6. People walking through the halls on any other intent but help and pushing you while you're talking to someone. 
  7. Security Officers who walk around in circles to prevent you from uncuffing. Nothing wrong with it, just irks me for some strange reason. 
  8. Mimes/Clowns who thinks their jobs entail just being assholes. 
  9. Deliberate Troll Janitors that just wet under the airlocks, like come on man, at least disguise it a bit. 
  10. Antags who don't do very menial antagging or none at all. Especially when they kvetch about you arresting them as an officer because they, "Didn't do anything". You should've done something. 
  • Like 1

Shitters who cry “improve don’t remove” on the git with no real context for anything or any drive themselves to improve said thing. If you’re going to crusade with this, fucking improve it yourself. 

Same also applies for people who scream “the git is slow you do fuck all”, while also providing no real solution to things other than “work harder”

This post is half “pet peeve” half “Y’all need to fucking grow up”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use