Pet Peeves of Paradise

FeiH

Crew with cargo access ignoring the lobby line—and the person manning the requests desk—to print things from the autolathe themselves. It drives me up a fucking wall. Just fucking ask!

The worst offenders are BS, Command, and borgs.

Edited by Warriorstar

Let see here... been a while since I posted here, what has bothering me...

CMO, RD, CE asking for weapons because they feel like they need it. You don’t.

As magistrate, no warden or HoS to man Brig because they want to play cop and robbers in maintenance. And die shortly after.

The on going problem of medical taking patients from experience doctors because they want to do it. Don’t, you’re just killing them. Unless the doctor is struggling and asks for help, go do something else or ask if you can assist them.

Uh... when captains feel they are king and space laws are beneath them. I don’t care if you are captain, I will drag your body to brig in crit if that is what it takes to you get you to serve your crimes.

When IAA try and order security around on what they should do. Stop it, your job is to make sure officers are not harm batoning inmates and them at departments aren’t extremely breaking SoP.

To be fair, there is a SOP for RD having a gun from the protolathe on red, however, they generally ask when they don't need it. Terrors, shadowlings, or the RD was attacked / killed earlier in the shift? Now is a good time to let them have one. Just turning code red, probably not.

2 minutes ago, Qwertytoforty said:

To be fair, there is a SOP for RD having a gun from the protolathe on red, however, they generally ask when they don't need it. Terrors, shadowlings, or the RD was attacked / killed earlier in the shift? Now is a good time to let them have one. Just turning code red, probably not.

Sorry, I mean generally against SoP. Like green or blue, or when they are not in danger what so ever.

• No beret for the NanoTrasen Representative.

(Also generally command in general is a pet peeve, so often one or more are just...unaware of things, or don't take advice from anyone)

• Heads that refuse to fire departmental members that cause issues.
  • Bridge Hobos
  • No non-rainbow pride representations!
  • White gloves don't allow you to remove lightbulbs
  • Spook Cooldown too long. Need to spook more, must spook Vox.
  • IAAs who try to think they have more power than they do.
  • Characters that have a trait of always causing issues. Always.

People who slap some slab of text they copy-pasted from a random website onto a paper and think its library worthy. I'm tempted to spend a round or two as librarian just going through the half assed "books" in the library system and reformatting them to at least be legible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pokebro2000 said:

People who slap some slab of text they copy-pasted from a random website onto a paper and think its library worthy. I'm tempted to spend a round or two as librarian just going through the half assed "books" in the library system and reformatting them to at least be legible.

Would be a legend

9 hours ago, Pokebro2000 said:

Unfortunately I don't think you can edit books once they're uploaded. 

Generally if people report books about things like Naruto dabbing on Princess peach (or whatever you weirdos come up with), I delete it. 

On 7/10/2020 at 3:54 AM, Spacemanspark said:

Unfortunately I don't think you can edit books once they're uploaded. 

Generally if people report books about things like Naruto dabbing on Princess peach (or whatever you weirdos come up with), I delete it. 

True. But considering you can add books under a pseudonym, it might be worth it to rewrite it and either remove the old copy or add "revised" to the end.

Also, extra peeve: no rating system for library books. Would help us librarian mains to separate good books from the chaff.

Edited by Pokebro2000
Clarification

Not being able to look slick by grabbing someone who's already cuffed without having to stun them because ctrl, the same button used for pulling hotkey, also COMPLETELY prevents any movement.

6 hours ago, Butlerblock said:

Not being able to look slick by grabbing someone who's already cuffed without having to stun them because ctrl, the same button used for pulling hotkey, also COMPLETELY prevents any movement.

Yet another thing caused by the garbage known as `SSinput`

On 7/10/2020 at 1:52 AM, Pokebro2000 said:

True. But considering you can add books under a pseudonym, it might be worth it to rewrite it and either remove the old copy or add "revised" to the end.

Also, extra peeve: no rating system for library books. Would help us librarian mains to separate good books from the chaff.

I've had good luck in the past with ahelpin to ask an admin to delete a mistaken copy of a book after I upload the corrected one so that is generally open as an option

Having a rating system would be neat, although it might need to find a balance to avoid a handful of books sitting on top and staying there permanently.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 8/30/2017 at 10:15 AM, Shadeykins said:

* Scientists who close the RnD windows because they don't want to take requests.

bit old but SOME Scientist want to get levels before someone askes them for a PAI or something dumb. I sometimes just stop doing RnD because people asking me to get them stuff while we're on level one is stressing while I'm already doing work.

I'm an idiot!

Edited by Crazyhair
  • bap 1

The "just clone them" crowd in medical still exists. I'm not happy about it. 

• Like 1

- Scientists that fuck off and ignore RND, so its not done until like 20 to 25 minutes in

- CT's that completely ignore the QM because "Well acktually the HOP is the head"

- Dept heads having no fucking idea what they're doing, bonus points if you somehow unlocked captain without knowing that the chain of command is almost always given to science, EOC's are not instantly executed, you cant clone vox, the SM does not like eating burn mix, and ordering 20 hat crates is a bad way to spend cargo points.

- Genuine shitsec, like I enjoy calling people like Rurik or Sizzle shitsec because they know they aren't and will get a laugh out of it, but the genuine shitsec who are just like "Hey fuck you! I'm not gonna read space law I'm just gonna harmbaton you and give you 30 minutes for slipping me!".

- Sec who beg for implants when there's maybe 1 traitor running around, bonus points if on blue/green, triple bonus points if you use a borg's law 2 to break in on extended to make yourselves full implants, AEG's, upgraded tools, shields, etc. (TOTALLY HASN'T HAPPENED TOTALLY NOT STILL SALTY)

- RD's who have a no fun policy (i.e No cool/funny science projects like monkey teslas, generally newer RD's), but equally ones who spend their time exclusively on those, and don't bother with making sure toxins/rnd/xeno are done, and that robotics is not smoke bombing nanites and trying to use an automender on an IPC.

- Traitors who speed run their assassinate obj, idgaf about high value items though.

- People that go hard as fuck on new players, like miner man turning the bald dude whos asking "wher medbey" into dust because they accidentally punched them.

• Like 3

When people shit on wiki articles very rudely. In LOOC, Dsay, OOC, discord, or whatever. Most of them never actually think to bring attention to it in #wiki-development and when some do they just come there to bitch instead of actually contribute solutions or actually offer to lift a finger to god forbid edit it.

We have max maybe 8 people who contribute 30 edits a month and 3-4 people who regularly maintain the wiki. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sirryan2002 said:

When people shit on wiki articles very rudely. In LOOC, Dsay, OOC, discord, or whatever. Most of them never actually think to bring attention to it in #wiki-development and when some do they just come there to bitch instead of actually contribute solutions or actually offer to lift a finger to god forbid edit it.

We have max maybe 8 people who contribute 30 edits a month and 3-4 people who regularly maintain the wiki. 

THIS. Noone puts work in but everyone complains. And the complaints are often outdated, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use