Antag Reward

Threeinone

I think to add a bit of incentive to win as an antag, you should get a number of Karma points. I personally don't know if this is already a thing, since i'm an unlucky, unrobust noodle, but i think this would add a reason to win and strive for one's objective.

let me know if you aggree!

Would further the idea of only doing your objective, so you dont miss out on karma. We want to reinforce creativity for doing objectives, but that would mainly be seen as a giant risk.

No! We do not need to encourage people to strive for greentext even more. You should not give antagonists permanent rewards.

I disagree;

You could have an assassinate target and they end up dying somehow completely unrelated to your doings - you shouldn't be rewarded for that.

You could cheese your way into completing an objective which you shouldn't be rewarded for either, at least not in the same way Karma is given out and treated.

It will make a lot of people have a "play to win" attitude.

It will also probably devalue Karma immensely.

Karma should be given to you only by other players for it to remain what it is - karma. 

Being an antag means that it's your turn to be in the "spotlight", you have something most others don't, that's more than enough incentive to give you karma if you RP well.

it seems i have a different idea of antags and karma.

I don't have any good examples of wholesome interaction with antags, and karma seemed like an iffy "rely on other people so you have more options to roleplay."

i agree with all your opinions though and am sorry for attempting to adversly affect the ins and outs of the game.

goodnight.

• Thanks 1

I would rather see more mechanical uses for karma than ways to gain it.

Like maybe you can spend 50 karma to buy 5 more loadout points (up to a max of two times).

Or 100 karma to unlock an additional language option, those sorts of things.

8 hours ago, powerfulgamergod123 said:

you guys really upset this guy. i feel for you threeinone. don't worry,

It's more of a "agh, shit. I'm wrong." I'm still pretty new, so i'm bound to make mistakes.

19 minutes ago, FlattestGuitar said:

There'd be no point to this forum if people couldn't make suggestions that were found to be bad in the end.

Exactly.

It takes some time to understand how everything works, but feel free to make new suggestions even if they get rejeted. Worst case scenario, you learn something new.

In this suggestion not really the karma is the problem, more like the mentality that it comes with greentexting.

2 minutes ago, Bxil said:

Exactly.

It takes some time to understand how everything works, but feel free to make new suggestions even if they get rejeted. Worst case scenario, you learn something new.

In this suggestion not really the karma is the problem, more like the mentality that it comes with greentexting.

That's what i think went wrong, I don't have an idea of traitors who don't greentext. (I come from Yogstation, you see.) so i don't have a good example of traitors interacting with crew in an interesting way. all my memories of "hey follow me into an alleyway!" (i do, then get shot in the face 5 times)

Edited by Threeinone
adding to the topic

It comes up here every month now that we need an alternative, such as removing greentext or removing objectives alltogether. While the admins do not punish those who finish their objectives with doing nothing fun, they prefer (I think actually we ALL prefer) if you do something interesting. Please mind that getting caught or intentionally doing it weirdly (like asking for t-comms tour from the RD to steal the voidsuit from there) can be extremely fun and often results in karma mountains.

• Like 1

Getting caught also gives other antags the chance to help you escape. Or for you to try to escape. Can even give some sort of a sob story about how the Syndicate forced you to work for them when being processed. Or how NT did you wrong and forced you down this road. Make things interesting.

Edited by ZN23X

29 minutes ago, Regen said:

it's not a "wrong" suggestion, you didn't mess up by making it.

Agh, I'm wrong!

lol

Edited by Threeinone
  • honk 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use