Concerning revolution and cloning criminals (That commit capital crimes)

Buford

I believe that in space law and SoP that a criminal that commits a capital crime (Primarly Murder) if he get's cloned the person who cloned him should be charged with aiding and abiding.

One shift there was this person (Not going to say names) that killed 4 security guards and numerous people and the person cloned him first before all the security guards KNOWING that he killed so many people. Honestly I think the punishment for that should be permabrig or death considering aiding and abiding charges you with the same crimes as the person convicted.

Also remove all the pages concerning revolutionary antagonists considering that isn't a thing/gamemode that they do on the server anymore.

It is. If someone knowingly clones a murderer to let him loose again, charge him with aiding and abetting.

Knowingly assisting a criminal is a crime. This includes but is not limited to: Interfering with an arrest, stealing a prisoner in transit, breaking a prisoner out of the brig/prison, hiding a fugitive, providing medical care (unless paired with a large dose of sleep toxins).

And an aiding and abetting charge is the same as the person they assisted.

Edited by scrubmcnoob

4 minutes ago, SkeletalElite said:

What does revolution have to with all this

Considering how new you are I dont think you've played revolution before

I haven't haha but I witnessed one on a different server but I've asked admins about it and it isn't a game mode anymore on paradise (at least I think unless I'm playing a silly game of telephone) so the wiki pages on revolution should be deleted as it's outdated.

This is why I'd like to see a mourge tray added to brigbay on the Cyberaid like Metastation has

Edited by ZN23X

As mentioned, the admins do force revolution from time to time (much to my chagrin). I think reviving "Do Not Clone"-tagged crew should certainly be grounds for being demoted to civilian, but execution may be a little over the top. Perhaps in charging people with 'aiding and abetting' for intentionally reviving dangerous individuals such as mass murderers or EoCs, there should be legally satisfactory proof that the body was clearly identifiable or marked with 'Do Not Clone', and that the individual responsible for cloning was taking deliberate steps to revive aforementioned EoCs against the wishes of command. This way there's a margin for error in the case of well-meaning geneticists or doctors who just plainly weren't paying attention or the bodies were delivered to cloning by someone else, unmarked.

Honestly tho unless security literally keeps an officer in medbay who is keeping an eye on both cloning and the mourge (which we don't) the chances of us being able to figure out who cloned them is so slim. Most of the time when a criminal is cloned we figure it out after someone sees them walking around and calls it in.

Part of the risk of antags tho. There is a chance the coroner or a doctor will be a antag. And a chance they will clone antag. Similar to an antag in any other dept helping other antags out. Fair play.

If we have some super dangerous criminal killed in the brig I'll sometimes throw them in a body bag and "forget" to bring them to the mourge.

Edited by ZN23X

21 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Part of the risk of antags tho. There is a chance the coroner or a doctor will be a antag. And a chance they will clone antag. Similar to an antag in any other dept helping other antags out. Fair play.

Just cremate all antags. Don't Morgue. Don't borg.

No cloning. No hacking.

No fun allowed.

@SomeGuy9283 it's so much less effort to put them in a body bag and leave them in the firing range though ???

Accidentally of course

Consider it securities version of spacing a body to a place where it will most likely never be recovered.

(I initially started typing @cremate and nothing came up n I was like ?)

Edited by ZN23X

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use