Contraband Contraversy

Jovaniph

Space Law: https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Space_law

Contraband Page: https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Contraband

Space Law says

To be in the possession of contraband items. Being in the possession of two or more contraband items, or any restricted Syndicate gadget or weapon, makes you an Enemy of the Corporation (see above). In addition, being caught committing a Major Crime or higher with any of these items makes you an Enemy of the Corporation as well. Personnel turning in these items to Security of their own volition are exempt from this law.

Contraband "C" says"

Items that are illegal to possess but not necessarily traitor items. Possession of any 1 of these items is considered a breach of the Possession of Contraband (300) law. Having 2 or more of these, or using any one of these items to commit a crime, automatically classifies you as an Enemy of the Corporation.

What is highlighted in red can cause many arguments and frustration between two people who may not see these two together side by side.

So the question is. Is it when you commit a Major Crime or when you are caught using said item?

Edited by Jovaniph

If you are found with two or more class C items and commit a major crime, even if you are not using them, you are an EoC.

-OR-

You can have only ONE class C item on you, but if you are caught using it to commit a major crime, then that also qualifies you for EoC status.

EDIT: mistakenly wrote major in the second one.

Edited by Anticept

I believe it's:

1 Contraband -> Breach of Possession of Contraband

2 UNIQUE Contraband (Duplicates don't count) -> EoC

1 Restricted Syndi Weapon/Gadget -> EoC

Using 1 contraband to commit a major crime -> EoC

I think the mistake is in the contraband wiki, so you can't just say someone is an EoC for emag-ing a hallway door if all they have is an emag, but you can if they emag into somewhere like the bridge.

That's the way I've always interpreted it, I'm sure Tully will tell me if I am wrong.

Doesn't say anything about a major crime, just a crime. I can tell you from experience processing countless traitors, this grey area has literally never been an issue for me. Traitors are either use items that aren't classified as contraband, hence they cannot be deemed a traitor based on what they have on them or they are loaded to the gills with high level stuff that undoubtedly classifies them as an EOC. That or they committed a perma-able crime regardless of thier equipment the equipment just makes the sentence more cut and dry without argueing what crime they may or may not have committed.

Edited by ZN23X

In addition, being caught committing a Major Crime or higher with any of these items makes you an Enemy of the Corporation as well.

It says about the Major Crime right there.

The problem is that on the contraband wiki it says any crime, this is the point of contention.

Missed that part ?

So we are just trying to get the wording fixed. I thought this was being brought up because of some issue it caused in game. I'll step aside.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use