Summonable spirits/entities for the chaplain

Landerlow

Cult has evil things to summon. Give the chaplain some good paranormal things to summon! An angel with a healing touch? A holy shield of energy on a specific person? Other beings?

Perhaps .. let ghosts which are summoned roam VISIBLE for some time in the round, to be sent back to the Great Beyond again after x amount of time? This would make for some GREAT roleplay and more use for the chaplain.

Chaplains are already massive validhunting machines thanks to the stupid gear they get.
They really do not need a pseudo holoparasite to help them in this.

I would absolutely love to see some kind of mechanic between cult, librarian and the chaplain.
Like, cultman makes a rune or talisman, library nerd researches the rune/whatever with his "Spooky book of demon stuff", chaplain makes rituals with the library nerd's instructions, angels pop out. Hallelujah

• Like 1

Ya I already feel like as Chaplain I can push the valid line a bit much sometime. Chaplains dont need any extra tools that'll increase that on there own. Some extra dynamic between the Chaplain and Librarian to work together actually sounds really cool. At the very least it might help the Librarian actually have something to do other then willingly sacrifice themselves to the cult for funs.

1 hour ago, Rumiluntti said:

Chaplains are already massive validhunting machines thanks to the stupid gear they get.

I would absolutely love to see some kind of mechanic between cult, librarian and the chaplain.
Like, cultman makes a rune or talisman, library nerd researches the rune/whatever with his "Spooky book of demon stuff", chaplain makes rituals with the library nerd's instructions, angels pop out. Hallelujah

I was told off for supposedly validhunting as a chaplain, this isn't much of an excuse.

On another note, having the prayer beads be less random, take less time or just be stronger heals would be amazing...

Edited by Biabri

20 hours ago, Rumiluntti said:

Ypu might as well put it in short that you want to be like them darn Winchester boys before they gone and started the a poc o lypse 

Personally I'd like to see the Chaplain more tied to the chapel. The holy sword and armor thing is nice, but if there's any sort of 'chaplain magic' going on it should be tied to the chapel itself.

Perhaps set up the Chaplain like a benign cultist? They start with nothing but the robes on their back and the ability to convert people to their religion RP-Rev style. With greater numbers of worshipers comes greater powers. Various heals and wards. Eventually the ability to sanctify an area. Making it count as 'the chapel' for all intents and purposes as like their 'end-game'

• Like 2

This is what I am looking for

4 hours ago, Enginseer-42 said:

Personally I'd like to see the Chaplain more tied to the chapel. The holy sword and armor thing is nice, but if there's any sort of 'chaplain magic' going on it should be tied to the chapel itself.

Perhaps set up the Chaplain like a benign cultist? They start with nothing but the robes on their back and the ability to convert people to their religion RP-Rev style. With greater numbers of worshipers comes greater powers. Various heals and wards. Eventually the ability to sanctify an area. Making it count as 'the chapel' for all intents and purposes as like their 'end-game'

The Chaplain isn't an antag, and isn't a member of security. While they have a few nice abilities against cultists and the like, we really don't want to see them be too powerful. They're primarily an RP role, and I'd prefer to see people playing them for the RP and not to get access to a bunch of powers and abilities.

A lot of people have floated various ideas for this kind of thing, and while many of them are really cool, it doesn't fit the balance intended for the game or the chaplain role.

I don't even want to make chaplains OP. But honestly, it's like the librarian role, no one ever visits the chaplain. Even the coroner gets more visits/stuff to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use