Walk when you are pulling someone

The Respected Man

This is actually a very interesting idea. I would love to see this implemented with a weight system. Perhaps if we took the existing size/weight category that determines if stuff fits in bags. 

I also think this sounds quite interesting, worth looking into. But I'm worried that it may be quite a nerf to antags who're trying to keep their murdering business stealthy. Perhaps some kind of cheap syndi-rollerbed should be made available. Or else body bags have a similar or reduced effect?

Edited by owenowen101

Its not just a nerf to antags. Its a nerf to anyone who ever has to deal with greyshits and stuff. Imagine the horror of being a sec officer, or head. Sure you can stun them, but they ll get up soon enough because you move like a turtle.

• Like 2

This is...really interesting. A surprisingly big change for how minor it is.

I don't know if I support it or not but think it has potential

Pulling people is a fundamental part of general gameplay, I can understand that it would be more realistic to move slower if you're pulling someone but not a particularly good gameplay change for me.

Also I imagine pulling a roller bed behind you is actually more difficult than pulling someone along who is using their legs.

53 minutes ago, Birdtalon said:

Also I imagine pulling a roller bed behind you is actually more difficult than pulling someone along who is using their legs.

But easier than pulling someone who is resisting, which itself is harder than pulling someone who is unconscious...

Goonstation implemented this awhile ago. It took some doing and lots of feedback from the community, but now it's a pretty cool mechanic. Kidnapping someone by stunning and dragging away isn't as effective, which nerfs both security and antagonists. Dragging crates and lockers takes ages now, so belt hell and the mail system sees more use. Carts have a lower slow-down than crates, so carts have a mechanical difference from ordinary crates. Packing a bodybag or dragging a rollerbed makes transporting bodies a lot easier.

In short, +1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this would make it bassicaly unpossible for vamp to do anything but humanized monkeys. The same would apply to all antags. I guess people dont like how fast it is to fuck up in this game and get dragged off into the maint but just a few days back there was an article about the cult going murderbone all the time and i dont think this would help very much since nearly all good bases are deep in maint and making it so dragging takes long would mean that by the time whoever is getting abducted screams into comms: "HELP SCIENCE MAINTS" the cultist/sling/whoever is dragging the person has about 20% chance to get to the base before the security arrives. And the same applies for security. So many times does an officer need to drag somebody from science to litteraly anywhere. And if the sec went against cult and the cult was using the teleportation spell for anybody arrested it would mean that sec would HAVE to go for lethals the moment teleporting would be confirmed. 

Shortened version: i dun like it. Murderbone much. Sec deppresion with roller beds.

Yes without a doubt this is going to be a nerf to traitors however remember that security will also recieve a nerf at the same time. I think if this is to be added there are a few things I'd like to propose that would solve some of the problems already mentioned.

That is:

• Have rollerbeds move faster.
  • Allow empty crates to be moved faster, and full crates slower.
  • Same for lockers.
  • Add a type of crate mover. (e.g. engi cart)

Most importantly, I would like to see that people who are standing up(not resting) will be dragged faster than people who are resting/incapitated. This will be very interesting to see how it will affect antags and security especially.

• Like 1

What's that? A mechanical change that makes dragging an unwilling person more dangerous like in the real world? 

You have my yes.

• Thanks 1

I sort of like the idea in concept but gameplay wise I don't think it would make anything better. It would really suck to have to drag someone from the far corners of sci maint to the brig at walking speed. I'd feel like I need to carry metal on me to construct a wheelchair or drag around a roller bed all the time lol

I know this is for realism but it'd be less real than it currently is if security was towing around roller beds or wheelchairs everywhere

I'd be more likely to do "field processing" rather than drag them to the brig unless I KNOW they need to be brigged.

As for the arguments about it hurting antags, it'd hurt non antags equally for all the same reasons. Someone wouldn't be able to just run in and snag a incapacitate person an antag is using for one reason or another and run off. Antags would have more time to call for help from other antags as well.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 1

I'd prefer people slow down slightly, at the moment if someone just drags off someone you're dragging if they're downed, you'll never catch up to them because we all move at the same speed. Maybe slowing someone down about as much as clown shoes do, basically assuring that someone will catch up to you if you don't stop them, which also eliminates someone suddenly dragging off your victim and sprinting away at the speed of light

Edited by Cyiko

12 hours ago, FPK said:

Goonstation implemented this awhile ago. It took some doing and lots of feedback from the community, but now it's a pretty cool mechanic. Kidnapping someone by stunning and dragging away isn't as effective, which nerfs both security and antagonists. Dragging crates and lockers takes ages now, so belt hell and the mail system sees more use. Carts have a lower slow-down than crates, so carts have a mechanical difference from ordinary crates. Packing a bodybag or dragging a rollerbed makes transporting bodies a lot easier.

In short, +1

This is precisely what i want to see, realism. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dragging people in circles while bashing their heads in with a fire extingusher was always cheesy but at the same time, while I appreciate the merit of nerfs to both security and antags, I feel like making it take longer to drag people to the brig would make it easier for the greytide to run off with their metabuddies and make security even more stressful.

@VivalasI don't think it would make it that much easier, it doesn't happen too much at the minute anyway and the people that do it aren't suddenly going to do it more.

I like the idea of this change, but I think walking speed might be a bit too slow.   Although... the possibility of a cop cart to transport prisoners seems pretty cool to me too.

8 hours ago, Vivalas said:

Dragging people in circles while bashing their heads in with a fire extingusher was always cheesy but at the same time, while I appreciate the merit of nerfs to both security and antags, I feel like making it take longer to drag people to the brig would make it easier for the greytide to run off with their metabuddies and make security even more stressful.

There will be less stun-cuff-drag on code green with security and more of security officers asking suspects to come with them to the brig. 

36 minutes ago, The Respected Man said:

There will be less stun-cuff-drag on code green with security and more of security officers asking suspects to come with them to the brig. 

There will also be more greytide forcing security to drag them to the brig solely to waste more of thier time.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea, go into the far bottom right corner of sci maint and walk to the brig. Then do it over and over again. Dozens of times. Once you get bored apologize for supporting this lol

If this was employed I'd powergame by either carrying a roller bed with me to buckle cuff people to, or the materials to build a wheelchair.

This is just a time sink for the sake of realism that will hurt an already too busy department, sec, and make it take longer to get criticality I injured or dead people to Medbay for treatment, removing people from the round longer.

Edited by ZN23X

36 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea, go into the far bottom right corner of sci maint and walk to the brig. Then do it over and over again. Dozens of times. Once you get bored apologize for supporting this lol

As an MP on CM with this same feature i have to head down to the planet to catch shitter marines then head back up to the ship and then process them. 

Does that count? 

Yes the gameplay becomes less casual, the suggestion is guilty as charged no way to sugar coat that.

You are completely right, it will hurt security but that comes with less cake-walk gameplay that effects everyone.

That's why it's so great. 

Edited by The Respected Man
  • Like 1