Locks on the operating theaters

ProperPants

The two operating theaters have shutters and a holosign to show that a surgery is in progress. Somehow, this doesn't stop people from dragging a dead body into an OR in the middle of an active surgery.

I suggest adding a button to drop the bolts to the OR doors so people cannot come in. There are bedrooms on the mining asteroid that already have this functionality, so the coding difficult is almost none. To make sure these buttons aren't too overpowered, they should be both inside and outside the OR and people with medical access (and maybe security access) could use them. This would further ensure that a surgery is an uninterrupted and sterile process.

Thoughts?

Edited by ProperPants
Clarity and detail

As an MD, I wouldn't be a fan of this.  The ORs are already the most dangerous part of Medbay due to being fairly isolated and having the doctors within inherently distracted. Giving antags a button to cut them off from medical entirely would make them even more dangerous.  Surgery access is already fairly restricted, and if a fellow doctor is being annoying you can bring it up to the CMO.

• Like 2

I would suggest tht if the sign is up, then just walking into the door will not open it. You have to turn the sign off, which would have the button to enable and close it on both sides.

If this were implemented I would be preforming ghetto surgery in the medbay lobby. Don't like the idea of the possibility of being locked in my own operating room. 

There should be a way to prevent people from just blundering into the ORs though because I  have had to shout at people that I have a person that is OPEN ON THE TABLE. Waste of spaceacillin.

6 minutes ago, Chronarch said:

There should be a way to prevent people from just blundering into the ORs though because I  have had to shout at people that I have a person that is OPEN ON THE TABLE. Waste of spaceacillin.

The doors only allow in people with surgery access, which is only MDs and the CMO, all of whom should know better.  If they don't, that isn't something that can be fixed mechanically since there's no way for the game to detect competence.

This is especially bad if you're a Brig Physican and don't separate your general workstation from your surgery workstation, because 8 times out of 10, you've got you, your patient, a security officer and some other schmuck taking up space in your infirmary at one time. This is why I just build a reputation for being violent toward those who do not respect my workstation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use