whiskeyfur

The enemy of my enemy is my ...

Name of Event: The enemy of my enemy is my ...

One Sentence Description: An ERT called for to deal with a Xeno threat, but it's the Wizards who arrive first.. will they take the station down too or will they work with NT for this 'one time' to eliminate a common threat?  Will the Captain accept their aid, and how will he explain himself to the greatly delayed ERT crew when they finally arrive?

Map Changes: No changes

Code Changes: No changes

Suggested Number of Players: Any number

Full Description of Event:

The Xenos are out of control and the captain calls for ERT... CentCom responds that due to an ION storm in the vicinity of their launch point they'll be delayed, nor will escape shuttles be available for the same reason. But.. someone else was listening in and the Wizards announce to board the station and eliminate their common threat. The question is..is that all they are after, and what concessions will the Captain have to make after, and if, the xeno's are dealt with?

If the Wizards are treated as friendly then things go from bad to worse as the Captain will then have to answer to the ERT team leader directly.

Should that aid be denied? Will the Wizards quietly walk away, leave the station to it's fate? Will they board anyways to render aid? Will they instead focus on a different objective all together or for the sake of the sector, blow up the station if it really is too far gone?

Who knows...

• Like 1

This... Actually seems interesting. I'll look into doing this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elysian_prince said:

This... Actually seems interesting. I'll look into doing this.

Yesh!

I'm thinking the key milestone here is that the ERT arrives after the Xenos are wiped out, not before.. so the only threats ERT has to deal with is the Wizards, and potentially a divided crew of the station.

Unless of course the xenos are really that far out of control...

Edited by whiskeyfur

For this to work as you intend, you should groom the xenos into a nasty pest that really threatens the station's survival, and the ERT should arrive five minutes after they do for them to interact in the way that you want them to.

7 hours ago, willior13 said:

For this to work as you intend, you should groom the xenos into a nasty pest that really threatens the station's survival, and the ERT should arrive five minutes after they do for them to interact in the way that you want them to.

Actually I was pretty clear I wanted the ERT to show up AFTER the xenos were either dealt with or truly out of control (and that requires the wizards to be failing at their job too). The ERT should be seen as a potential antagonist in this case, depending on what the captain decides.

Hell, it's quite possible the wizards beat feet after the captain owing them one, and the ERT get there after they're long gone so there's no evidence they were around. This is a scenario that can run any number of ways.