Is Chemistry guide out of date?

CPTCoffee

I dont see half of the chems used in the medbay. Has there been any buffs/nerfs or recipes removed since the guide has been made? 

Like camomile.  I saw it on guide here on the forms as an alternative to pentic, but with less chance of hurting synthetic parts. Never see it used in the game. Has it been nerfed or did everyone forget that it exists? 

4 minutes ago, CPTCoffee said:

camomile

I use to make it a lot since it is very fast to make for what it does, but no-one used it for all the times i made it and would always ask for what they knew, even with me telling them it does exactly what they want. This is happens for almost every chem you don't see often use. even if it gets made, its almost never used.

Because using Calomel correctly requires you actually know what your doing and use the correct dosage in the correct situation. Charcoal you just dump 50u of it into anyone with any toxin damage and things will generally work out eventually.

For the most part the reason chems don't get made or used is people don't know about them.  Did you know you can give someone a 40u oxygen pill and then follow it up with a Cryoxadone/Cryostylane 10u each pill, and it'll heal pretty much everything? The Oxygen reacts to the Cryostylane and lowers the temperature of the Cryoxadone so it's as if you put them into a cryotube.  10 units of Cryox is enough to heal 300 burn, 300 brute, 250 suffocation, 75 toxin and 40 genetic damage. 

But... no one does this.  Why not? Because no one knows about it. 

• Like 2

Which guide are you using? You should be using @Ansari's guide. It's generally up to date besides the strange reagent change. It's also available IC as a book at the library: "The Medical Chemist's Cookbook" by Ansari Lorwerth.

2 hours ago, Tayswift said:

Which guide are you using? You should be using @Ansari's guide. It's generally up to date besides the strange reagent change. It's also available IC as a book at the library: "The Medical Chemist's Cookbook" by Ansari Lorwerth.

That's what I've been using. The one on the wiki looks like it's out of date for a few recipes. For example, all the ones that require chicken noodle soup. Doesn't give the overdose or the minimum requirement on the wiki for a lot of recipes. I tried to make strange regent using the guide and it was a clusterfuck of scrolling around. The one on @Ansaris guide is pretty straight forward but the dosage posted is wrong. I mean anything over .2 will work so it's no big deal. 

2 hours ago, CPTCoffee said:

I tried to make strange regent using the guide and it was a clusterfuck of scrolling around.

On the wiki, if you hover your mouse over the ingredient, it will tell you the recipe if it has one, and you can do this for any sub recipe and the sub sub recipe, and the sub sub sub recipe, and so on. 

4 hours ago, CPTCoffee said:

I tried to make strange regent using the guide and it was a clusterfuck of scrolling around

If I remember correctly, the new way to make SR should be:

30u omnizine (from hypospray), 10u wine, 10u mercury, 10u water, 10u chlorine, 10u plasma, 10uradium.

Creates 90u of SR that can be converted to 90 1u pills (1u is the minimum now). Fits in a large beaker so you don't even need a bucket to make it.

On 15/05/2017 at 8:21 PM, EvadableMoxie said:

10 units of Cryox is enough to heal 300 burn, 300 brute, 250 suffocation, 75 toxin and 40 genetic damage. 

But... no one does this.  Why not? Because no one knows about it. 

To be fair, I've had a fair few blueshields ask me to make this for them.

In terms of using calomel, there isn't really any need. If you're in medbay and someone is horribly polluted with reagents, you just bung them in the sleeper, dialysise them and give them some pentetic acid. Similarly, if you're outside of medbay pent acid still works adequately and I wouldn't ever feel the need to sacrifice space in my pill bottles to carry calomel.

The wiki is more up to date than some pretty old medical guides on the forums here so best to use that for now. I can look into making a more up to date forum guide if people are interested.

Edited by owenowen101

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use