Add fat sprites?

Canadian_Bac0n

Fatsprites project  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I made a few fat sprites a while back and I think they should be put in the game

Completed sprites:

HoS Coat

Captain's Jacket

Chef's coat

HoS' Trench coat open and closed

Bartender's Vest

Jeans

Black pants

Chef's apron

Botanist apron

Judge robe

Red shorts

(This list will be updated if I make more)

Fatsprites B1.zip

Honestly, fat sprites rarely come into play. Some servers even have it impossible to become fat, just for this reason. Having an additional set of sprites for everything is a mess. I'd much rather see new original sprites being added to the game than seeing people do the mindnumbing work that is making fat sprites.

12 hours ago, FlattestGuitar said:

Honestly, fat sprites rarely come into play. Some servers even have it impossible to become fat, just for this reason. Having an additional set of sprites for everything is a mess. I'd much rather see new original sprites being added to the game than seeing people do the mindnumbing work that is making fat sprites.

Still, I don't see why it would hurt.

9 minutes ago, Canadian_Bac0n said:

Still, I don't see why it would hurt.

For the exact reasons Flattest pointed out. Having fat sprites for everyone means that not only do you need a new set of sprites for every species, you also need a whole new set of sprites for every single jump, and every new jumpsuit requires double the amount of spritework.

The sheer amount of back catalog required for this is immense, and it would put a very large burden on any new spriters. Not really something we'd fancy doing.

3 minutes ago, TullyBBurnalot said:

For the exact reasons Flattest pointed out. Having fat sprites for everyone means that not only do you need a new set of sprites for every species, you also need a whole new set of sprites for every single jump, and every new jumpsuit requires double the amount of spritework.

The sheer amount of back catalog required for this is immense, and it would put a very large burden on any new spriters. Not really something we'd fancy doing.

The sprites in the zip are made by me, I could make more, but I understand if you don't want to put them in the code.

Well, if you already have the sprites, then there's no harm in adding them. I'm personally of the opinion that being fat should be removed from the game altogether.

Right now a ton of jumpsuits use the defauly greyshirt sprite for their fat one, because there's nothing else assigned.

Makes me wonder if there is a better way to handle being fat.

I like the idea of it, but all the spriting work makes it an absolute ballache, and one we could do without.

Cant remember which server i was on but i remember getting made fat by a disease and all of a sudden i couldn't fit into hardsuits or any exo layer and i had a slightly fatter player sprite.

4 hours ago, Purpose2 said:

Makes me wonder if there is a better way to handle being fat.

I like the idea of it, but all the spriting work makes it an absolute ballache, and one we could do without.

Fat can exist, but it merely doesn't alter your sprites; would make life easier, universally for spriters.

2 hours ago, Fox McCloud said:

Fat can exist, but it merely doesn't alter your sprites; would make life easier, universally for spriters.

... Right, but I mean visually there /should/ be an effect otherwise... as @Rumiluntti says... whats the point.

I'm wondering more on the level of an overlay... not sure what it'd be, but for an example, you handle it like you handle hair sprites.... a fat gut with some torn fibers from the jumpsuit etc... taking the colour of the fiber from a simple var on each one. Then you don't have to do the sprites, you'd just have to have a colour var of the jumpsuit.

15 minutes ago, Purpose2 said:

... Right, but I mean visually there /should/ be an effect otherwise... as @Rumiluntti says... whats the point.

I'm wondering more on the level of an overlay... not sure what it'd be, but for an example, you handle it like you handle hair sprites.... a fat gut with some torn fibers from the jumpsuit etc... taking the colour of the fiber from a simple var on each one. Then you don't have to do the sprites, you'd just have to have a colour var of the jumpsuit.

That could cause problems when it comes to more detailed sprites

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use