Race Cosmetics

Keos

Yeah yeah, it's me again.

So as stated before, then seemed lost in the flood of other suggestions, I think some more variations with race cosmetics or the like would definitely be due on here.

For example, for the races that it would fit, the ability to have races be fat would certainly be a wonderful and easy start, as sprites have already been created (And myself and several others want it approved and put in game).

Another example would be to allow for some more racial cosmetics for Vox, getting to make them look perhaps different than just a Primalis, in essence letting you create one of the other castes at least cosmetically.

Another being more signs for IPC heads, etc.

I'm bringing the "fat races" Back up because it was shot down by maintainers before and have since rectified that. The sprites are there, just allow them to be put in game.

I honestly would like to see more cosmetic options for all races. I think that one that hurts the most right now is plasmen with only job specific suits. 

1 hour ago, Keos said:

Another being more signs for IPC heads, etc.

Currently, I am having a problem where I am given the option to recolor my xion screen in the IC menu, but when I do, nothing happens, and thank you for reminding me about this. While I do want more options, I also want all the currents options to work.

1 hour ago, Keos said:

I'm bringing the "fat races" Back up because it was shot down by maintainers before and have since rectified that. The sprites are there, just allow them to be put in game.

I still have yet to hear good reasons why some of the races cannot be fat. I get some like IPC, plasmen and even vox, but why can't vulp be fat? 

Edited by shazbot194
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Keos said:

Another example would be to allow for some more racial cosmetics for Vox, getting to make them look perhaps different than just a Primalis, in essence letting you create one of the other castes at least cosmetically.

Absolutely No. It would make no sense for any vox besides primalis being on station. Armalis shouldn't be played by players in general and they shouldn't ever become a common sight on station. Nevermind the fact that Armalis are huge and nothing would fit them they also have abilities that would inevitably be terrible in the hands of players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoS said:

Absolutely No. It would make no sense for any vox besides primalis being on station. Armalis shouldn't be played by players in general and they shouldn't ever become a common sight on station. Nevermind the fact that Armalis are huge and nothing would fit them they also have abilities that would inevitably be terrible in the hands of players.

Pretty sure they mean a cosmetic-only version of them.
Which still is rife with problems and makes no sense, but worth clarifying.

Ok, the Vox caste ones were bad examples, but my other ones still stand.

Another example being some different head options for quills, the ones that are currently there are good but get semi-repetitive.

Or maybe more varied snout options for Unathi.

Or different manes for Tajaran

However the "Fat Races" thing is what i'm pushing hard for and potentially the easiest to do, since humans already have a fat template

Edited by Keos

So the fat thing is difficult as there have been some who have wanted to increase the metabolism of Vulp which would come with some downsides of getting hungry faster/ect.

The problem is its basically impossible to move things in one direction or the other on some of these PRs, we have an extremely democratic process for merging any given PR which creates a significant amount of friction.  Essentially if something is going to have detractors it is super, super hard to get merged.

Support and bias towards the inclusion of fat non-human characters. If you already have the sprites for it, I don't really see much of a reason not to put them in the game. Personally I was a bit pissed when I saw that fat characters are actually harder to move, which was a perk that I wanted for my own character. I can say my unathi character is sumo-sized in his flavor text, but I'd like him to be at least as hard to move past as the human cook who got that bulk from sampling his own food.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use