Standard Operating Procedure Update

TullyBBurnalot

Bumping the thread because it's about time we got started on revising SOP in a separate thread. Asking anyone with any input on the matter to contribute now. Remember, this thread is about highlighting problems with SOP, not fixing them. Fixes will be done in individual threads for each SOP document.

8 hours ago, FPK said:

Bumping the thread because it's about time we got started on revising SOP in a separate thread. Asking anyone with any input on the matter to contribute now. Remember, this thread is about highlighting problems with SOP, not fixing them. Fixes will be done in individual threads for each SOP document.

Bump @TullyBBurnalot and make sure administration is onboard. You will need a headmin at the very least to change the SoP pages on the wiki, as they've all been protected.

Tully's been busy recently, and the thread has been dead for a month. I was thinking of starting an unofficial Service SOP rework thread, which would at least get the ball rolling. It wouldn't be to actually update SOP, as that's Tully's dominion, but instead to propound and discuss changes to SOP.

EDIT: There, it's up.

Edited by FPK

Tully has mentioned before in mentor chat that he's open to SoP proposals, so if there's suggestions for changes, do provide quality examples! The thing is, writing SoP and taking everyone's opinion in mind is extremely difficult.

In addition, it's never fun to shoot down someone else's hard work, but the fact is: you have to remember that just because you put in a lot of effort, it doesn't mean anyone is obligated to accept any of it. That's the disclaimer that I think that needs to be remembered.

Still, anything worth doing often isn't easy. Let's see what comes of it!

Edited by Anticept

• 3 weeks later...

One thing missing!

Allow the chapplans to perform Vigilante acts! Under SoP and Space Law DEUS VULT!

Edited by Buford
fixed

3 minutes ago, Rumiluntti said:

Fuck no.

I think the station would be a better place if it was a governmental theocracy where the chaplain determines who is in power and has the authority to execute anyone for whatever reason.

Deusvultmeme.jpg.8f04d0a63ee28ddde75c73588e9d7c8c.jpg

Actually, I wouldn't mind adding in SOP guidelines for chaplains looking to join the security team. It's become so common for the chaplain to help security during vampire and cult rounds that we might as well make some guidelines for chaplains looking to hunt down heresy. In my book, it's better for us to regulate this kind of behavior rather than to let chaplains become crusading validhunters in maintenance with security gear.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buford said:

One thing missing!

Allow the chapplans to perform Vigilante acts! Under SoP and Space Law DEUS VULT!

Considering how many murderous and valid Chaplin's I deal with in a day. No.

Edited by Saul Argon

The only thing I would really like to be added in medical SoP is that 'reserving OR's' be forbidden. I'm disgusted with the petty "I call dibs on OR1!' .. it's ******* childish. You use the OR if you need to perform a surgery. If you don't, you get out of the OR and let any other surgeon use it.

• Like 2

The chaplain has essentially become a crusader/inquisitor role already. The chaplain is given unlimited holy water, a holy weapon he's legally allowed to carry, crusader armor and an inquisitor's garb, immunity to some unholy attacks, and a home base that's somewhat safe from unholy attackers. In fighting cultists, vampires, and revenants, the chaplain is indispensable. I know that we're trying to cut down on validhunting chaplains, but giving them these tools meant for hunting unholy beasts then expecting them to just play it cool is an unrealistic expectation for the common player. Ideally the chaplain shouldn't be a crusader, but realistically, deus vult this is the future we've chosen.

My solution is to regulate chaplains who choose to help the crew fight an unholy menace. If chaplains want the help of security (or vice-a-versa), they're going to have to play by security's rules. 

Edited by FPK
grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Saul Argon said:

Considering how many murderous and valid Chaplin's I deal with in a day. No.

LOL I never realized it was that bad. The admins insights are legit but make me laugh thinking of how many people greytide on a regular basis.

53 minutes ago, FPK said:

The chaplain has essentially become a crusader/inquisitor role already. The chaplain is given unlimited holy water, a holy weapon he's legally allowed to carry, crusader armor and an inquisitor's garb, immunity to some unholy attacks, and a home base that's somewhat safe from unholy attackers. In fighting cultists, vampires, and revenants, the chaplain is indispensable. I know that we're trying to cut down on validhunting chaplains, but giving them these tools meant for hunting unholy beasts then expecting them to just play it cool is an unrealistic expectation for the common player. Ideally the chaplain shouldn't be a crusader, but realistically, deus vult this is the future we've chosen.

My solution is to regulate chaplains who choose to help the crew fight an unholy menace. If chaplains want the help of security (or vice-a-versa), they're going to have to play by security's rules. 

Yea chapplins with stunsticks harmbatoning 2k17!!!!1

1 hour ago, SomeGuy9283 said:

Perhaps the removal of the Armor, and maybe the sword, would be appropriate.

You cannot remove a holy warriors armor and sword! How are they supposed to embark on crusades????

15 hours ago, Buford said:

One thing missing!

We do not need to encourage validhunting more than we already do.

Want to add something that's genuinely missing from SoP and needs either addressing or adding?

There is a gas chamber execution in the map. There is no Legal SoP regarding it, making it illegal, therefore misleading.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Rumiluntti said:

Only time I have seen that used was when security tried to use it on a dead vox and killed themselves in the process.
It was glorious

Oh hey, I was that vox!

pAEseDl.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use